fire & ice (yeonwon)

WJSN Dawon One Shots

Requested by step1step2 

~

Dawon and Yeonjung couldn’t be anymore different. It wouldn’t be a problem if they didn’t heads in the halls, or constantly trying to outdo each other in music class. It was obvious that the two most talented vocalists in their school can never be in the same room together.

Like theuir personalities, their voices are like fire and ice. Dawon’s voice would send chills down everyone’s spine when they would hear her sing with all her emotions, while Yeonjung’s would make everyone feel energized as she has fun on stage, belting out high notes here and there. Maybe if the two would come together one day, and perform with the right song, then maybe, it would’ve been one of the best performances in their school.

The day the two stayed in a room together was probably not the best choice for their first meeting.

“I want you two to arrange the acoustic and classical guitars in order; acoustic on the top shelf and classical on the bottom, clean the white board, and stack the chairs,” their music teacher said.

“Yes, Miss Kim.”

You can hear the annoyance in their voice.

“Alright. When I come back I expect you two to not be pulling each other's hair. Miss Son will be checking up on you two, so be on your best behaviour.”

And with that the music teacher left to go attend the staff meeting, leaving the two girls alone.

There was tension in the air even after the teacher left. The two went to their own task, Yeonjung wiping the boards and Dawon stacking the chairs.

“How come you get the easy task.” Dawon said after piling up the first-row chairs.

“It’s not an easy task when you’re this short.” Yeonjung replied with annoyance in her tone.

There’s always something to argue about when the pair are together; whether they’re with their group of friends or in class.

The red head can hear Dawon mimic her response under her breath in a mocking tone. She gripped the eraser on her hand so hard she can hear the plastic breaking.

“If you have a problem, then say it to my face!” Yeonjung said in almost a scream.

“Well if you said it in a nicer tone then I would’ve,” Dawon said acting like she didn’t do anything wrong.

Yeonjung gritted her teeth as her face turned red, and it was like smoke was coming out of her ears.

“In fact, we wouldn’t be here in the first place if it wasn’t for you and your loud mouth.” She added as she continued to stack the chairs.

Yeonjung stopped what she was doing and turned to face Dawon.

“What?” She asked.

“My fault,”

“You think its my fault that we’re stuck here?!” Yeonjung threw the eraser to the floor and stomped her way towards Dawon.

Dawon was unfazed when the shorter girl was nearing her, she even stopped what she was doing and straightened her posture waiting for Yeonjung to continue.

Yeonjung was about to give the older girl a piece of her mind, but for some odd reason she ended up tripping on her own two feet and fell on top of the brunette- luckily the older girl caught her, and for a moment their lips brushed against each other.

There was an awkward silence between the two – Dawon still holding on to Yeonjung, and their faces only a few centimeters apart. The shorter girl quickly unlatched herself from the brunette and cleared .

It was always fun to watch a flustered Yeonjung.

Dawon smirked as she took a step closer to her, bringing her face closer to Yeonjung.

“Yes, Yeonjung?”

The latter gulped. “Nothing, I-I’ll start wiping the board.” She said quickly scurrying away from the brunette.

~

Dawon finished her job much quicker than Yeonjung – probably because the younger girl was still thinking about that little incident a while ago. She decided to wait for the red head so they can both organize the guitars, so she took one of the chairs and her gaze settled on Yeonjung – who was struggling to reach the top of the board.

She smirked again. Yeonjung’s little crush on Dawon was obvious – only because her friends have pointed it out, and if it wasn’t for them then Dawon would’ve hated the younger girl’s guts. And after much thought, she felt like she was overreacting when she said that the smaller girl is stealing her title as the school’s best singer.

She knows she can’t win Yeonjung’s heart that easily, so she’ll work her way up and hopefully Yeonjung sees that she’s serious about it.

A hand rested on top of Yeonjung’s and took the wet cloth from her to erase the writings that she couldn’t reach. Those perfectly polished nails looked very familiar to her and her face soon turned as red as her hair.

There was very little space between her and Dawon, it was suffocating in a good way. She turned her head and her eyes went from Dawon’s neck, to her pink lips; she can probably kiss them if she stood on her toes,

Yeonjung covered with her hands as her eyes widened at the sight in front of her. Her red lip gloss left a visible mark on Dawon’s lips.

“D-did you just,”

“Kiss you, yes.” Dawon replied.

She placed her other hand on the other side, completely trapping Yeonjung between her and the board, and brought her face closer.

“If you don’t hurry up I’m going to kiss you again.”

A red faced Yeonjung quickly escaped from Dawon’s barrier and made her way to the guitars with Dawon trailing behind her with a smirk, enjoying the taste of cherries on her lips.

Yeonjung was trying hard not to even spare a glance at Dawon. As cheesy as it sounds, she can still feel her lips on hers. And having Dawon only a meter away from her is not helping.

Thanks to Dawon’s height, she’s able to put the acoustic guitars on top, while Yeonjung would check the guitar to make sure she was handing the right ones to her.

“How come you barely come to glee club anymore?” Yeonjung asked to break the silence.

The brunette stopped what she was doing and shrugged.

“The club doesn’t need me anymore, they have you now.” She replied.

Yeonjung’s face was a mixture of confusion and hurt.

“Is that why you hate me?”

The two stopped what they were doing.

Dawon chuckled.

“Ah, this is embarrassing,”

Yeonjung tilted her head in confusion.

“I never really did hate you, I actually liked you.”

The sudden confession caught the red head off guard. She was finding it hard to hide the evident blush on her face, and the smile that made her eyes turn into tiny crescents- making it more obvious that she was glad that Dawon does like her back, and the fact that she was trying to cover it with her hands isn’t helping.

But she had to keep her cool, so she cleared and tried to wipe off the smile on her face.

“That’s nice,”

“I guess you’re not convinced yet, huh?” The brunette asked.

“How about I take you out this Saturday? And you don't have to think of it as a date, take it as an apology from all the things I've done?” She added.

Yeonjung simply nodded but in reality she wanted to do a full lap around the room, but, she can't give in to the brunette yet.

~

A/N:  :(((( im sorry it took so long i thought id have time to edit when school starts :((((((( hope yall liked it (i think its kind of rushed) akfkuaf. dont forget to comment what you want next chapter <3