in a heartbeat (yeowon)

WJSN Dawon One Shots

requested by @Geeky4ever 

~

The sun was shining too brightly for Jinsook's taste.

Maybe if she hadn't slept through her alarm, missed the last bus, and forget her phone, then maybe she wouldn't even notice how sunny it was today.

Her steps were slow, and heavy, not paying attention to her surroundings- her eyes fixated on the school's doors. 

Jinsook hasn't even passed the school gates yet when the students suddenly focused their attention towards her. She was confused at first but she turned around to see what all the fuss is all about. 

Oh,

no.

Her grip on the straps of her bag tightened.

The senior voleyball team just entered and leading them was the team captain and libero.

Nam Dawon.

Just saying her name made her heart beat at a very fast pace, as if it was trying to call out her name-

"Dawon!"

Jinsook gasped.

Her hands reached out and grabbed the floating figure in front of her and quickly trapped the small being in her hands. All tiredness suddenly left her body, and she made her way towards the bushes and hid behind it.

The said girl's name suddenly turned to Jinsook's direction, but she took off as soon as she did leaving the volleyball player confused.

"Yeoreum! Don't do that!"

The tiny heart like figure escaped Jinsook's hands and started doing summersaults in the air.

"It's not my fault you feel this way towards Dawon~" 

Jinsook was practically fuming at the moment. Yeoreum is the reason why she hates having crushes sometimes.

The little heart like being has always been there with her, it's almost as if it was the since the day she was born.

She vaguely remembers it appearing when she liked someone in first grade. At first she thought it was one of her imaginary friend finally making an appearance in front of her, but fast forward to middle school Yeoreum appeared again when she had another crush on someone she looked a little crazy in front of her classmates when she was trying to talk to her.

"Can you at least try to control yourself when there are other people around?!" Jinsook said in a hushed tone while trying to catch Yeoreum.

Yeoreum was still in the air just floating around while avoiding Jinsook's attempts of catching her. 

Jinsook didn't mind having Yeoreum around, it's just that she would get overly excited when Jinsook gets the butterflies in her stomach when she sees her crush. Unlike Jinsook, Yeoreum has the guts to actually go up to her crush- sometimes she would even drag Jinsook to try and help, and if Jinsook doesn't budge Yeoreum thinks it's her job to help Jinsook.

Yeoreum gasped.

"There she is!" She said excitedly. Squishing her own face.

Sometimes Jinsook wonders if it's really her catching feelings or Yeoreum.

The two peeked from behind the bush and she can't help but sigh dreamily as her eyes landed on Dawon.

Nam Dawon is the volleyball team captain and Libero.  When one of her friends dragged her to one of their games, her eyes immedietly landed on the tall brunette and her eyes would never leave her- even when Dawon would be on the bench she'd still stare at her.

Since then, Jinsook would try to attend all their games just to watch her. 

"Okay class is about to start, get back-" cold sweat ran down Jinsook's back when she realised she was talking to no one.

"Y-Yeoreum?"

She looked towards Dawon again and she could see Yeoreum making her way towards the brunette at a fast pace.

Her face paled and she immedietly got up and ran towards her little friend. 

The blonde ran towards Yeoreum and caught her right on time before she can even brush the girl's hair. But what she didn't expect was bumping into the volleyball player and knocking the book she was currently reading in her hands.

Upon realising what she had just done, her heart stopped and she quickly shoved Yeoreum in the pocket of her skirt. She turned around to see the whole team staring at her, and Dawon making her way towards her.

"Hey, are you-"

"I'm sorry! I'm late for class!" Jinsook said as she bowed and ran up the stairs.

~

"Hey isn't that the girl?" Meiqi asked.

Dawon picked up her book.

"Yeah. That's her." Dawon said with a growing smile.

~

Jinsook slammed the stall door shut and took Yeoreum out of her pocket.

"Why did you do that?!"

"You need to start talking to her!" Yeoreum screamed back in her high pitched voice.

"No! Why would I even," Jinsook sighed, it was the same argument every time.

Yeoreum telling her to go talk to her crush, and Jinsook being to shy to even look at them in the eye- much less talk to them.

"Class is starting soon. Just stay quiet until lunch, please." Jinsook said placing her in the pocket of her uniform.

Yeoreum mumbled under her breathe, crossing her tiny stick like arms as she floated her way inside the pocket.

The bell rang as soon as the blonde left the bathroom.

Yeoreum was left watching Jinsook go through a sea of students with a pout on her face, making plans in her head to help Jinsook talk to Dawon. Just because Jinsook tells her stop, doesn't mean she'll actually listen.

Her eyes caught the volleyball player at her locker and an idea popped in her head. She looked up to see if she was looking, but she was too busy making her way to her first class to notice anything. 

As quickly as she can possibly can, Yeoreum flew out of her pocket and made her way beside Dawon.

"Look at you smiling. Are you happy that you two finally talked?" A girl with red hair said while wiggling her eyebrows leaning against the locker beside Dawon's.

A light blush decorated her cheeks. 

"Shut up, Meiqi. She just accidentally bumped into me." Dawon replied.

The red head called Meiqi shook her head.

"At least you two finally talked."

The small figure grinned at the blushing brunette.

The two walked their way to class while bickering and Yeoreum just followed the pair, growing even more curious at the constant mention of Jinsook's name.

"Anyways, see you at the game. I have a test right now." Meiqi said before entering her class.

The two split their ways when the school bell rang. Dawon made her way out to the back of the school where she took out her volleyball and started practicing.

Yeoreum's eyes glistened and there was an obvious big smile on her face when she heard that Nam Dawon is crushing on her Lee Jinsook.

"Wait until Jinsook hears about this!" Yeoreum said.

It looks like this won't be a one-sided love afterall.

~

A small pink figure by the door made Jinsook temporarily look away from the lecture. She dropped the pen in her hands and looked in her pocket to see if her eyes were decieving her. 

There was an annoyed expression on her face when she looked at Yeoreum again.

"Sir, may I please go to the washroom?" 

The teacher didin't even turn around and excused her with a wave of his hand.

"How did you-"

Yeoreum grabbed onto Jinsook's sleeve and started dragging her.

"We have to hurry!" She said while ignoring the girl's protest.

 

"Why are we here? I need to get back to class!" Jinsook said slash screamed. 

They were currently by the doors that lead them to the back of the school, where Dawon was currently at. But, Jinsook doesn't know that.

Yeoreum motioned for the taller girl to come closer and pointed at a moving figure outside. Jinsook followed where Yeoreum was pointing at- the person Yeoreum was pointing at was a girl, she wasn't too far away from her; she was wearing a the same uniform as Jinsook, she looked tall, and she also had long dark brown hair.

"So someone's skipping? What does that-"

Yeoreum didn't give Jinsook any time to say the rest of her question. She went behind the girl and pushed her with all her might, so much so that the door creaked even louder than usual when you open it- managing to get the student's attention.

The sudden outburst caused the girl to look at the sudden noise, and their eyes met for the first time.

Jinsook stood there frozen. 

"I-I'm sorry!" Jinsook said ready to run back.

Yeoreum knew this would happen so she had a good grip on Jinsook's finger and pulled her back so quickly that she stumbled a bit. She grabbed onto Dawon's finger with her other hand.

"What the-" Dawon stared at Yeoreum in disbelief.

Jinsook was at the verge of tears. 

She took deep breaths as her eyes went from Yeoreum to Dawon.

There was silence between the two, but no one was letting go.

"Yeoreum,"

Jinsook's low voice caught the two's attention.

Yeoreum wasn't able to look at Jinsook because the girl had her face blocked by her hair, but she knew what the girl wanted her to do, so her hold on both their fingers tightened.

"Let go Yeoreum." Jinsook tugged.

Yeoreum winced.

"Yeoreum,"

Jinsook pulled even harder.

Yeoreum gritted her teeth, feeling herself being torn in half.

When Jinsook finally looked up, Yeoreum was about to be torn apart.

She stared in disbelief, eyes wide and tears already falling down her face. Her eyes met Dawon's concered filled eyes.

It took all of Jinsook to close her eyes shut and pull with all her might. She stumbled back but she finally had Yeoreum,

Well

Half of her.

When the blonde finally left the scene, she went inside the girls washroom and bawled her eyes out as she clutched what was left of Yeoreum.

~

"Oh no ..."

A similar figure like Yeoreum appeared behind Dawon.

The brown haired girl picked up the other piece on the ground.

"We should go find her." The heart like figure said.

Dawon nodded. "Keep it safe for me, Dayoung."

Dayoung nodded and took it with her and went back inside Dawon's bag.

~

A sigh escaped Jinsook's lips.

She leaned against the tree, her hand clutching what's left of Yeoreum.

 

"I found her, she's behind huge tree by the soccer field outside." Dayoung said.

Dawon nodded. She excused herself from their table and exited the cafeteria, making her way towards the soccer field behind the school.

 

At this point Jinsook already ran out of tears. She doesn't know what to do because this is the first time that Yeoreum broke.

That idea alone made a new wave of tears start to appear.

But when she saw a figure in the corner of her eye, she stopped and turned to look at the incoming visitor.

"Dawon?" She thought in disbelief.

Quickly wiping her tears away, she turned away hopefully she didn't notice.

But the sound of footsteps coming towards her said otherwise.

She closed her eyes when the footsteps stopped in front of her. Her trembling hands held onto Yeoreum as she waited for what Dawon was about to say.

"Hey," 

Jinsook opened her eyes at the sound of a high pitched voice.

"Y-Yeoreum?"

In front of her was a floating heart and she couldn't believe her eyes.

She heard a soft chuckle coming from Dawon.

"Sorry, but that's Dayoung."

Jinsook's smile dropped.

"Oh,"

Finally grasping the current situation, her cheeks turned a bright red colour at the realisation that Nam Dawon- the team captain and libero of Wuju High School, her crush for so long, was in front of her. Talking to her.

The taller of the two knelt down and Jinsook flinched.

Dawon gave her a small smile.

She took something from inside her pocket.

"But I believe this belongs to you."

In her hand was the other half of Yeoreum.

Jinsook's eyes widened in disbelief.

Dawon reached for Jinsook's hands to open them, and placed it beside the piece Jinsook had. A light blush appeared on her face too as she held the blonde's hands and clasped them together so the two pieces would stick.

The two watched as the rip that was created disappeared and in less that a minute, Yeoreum was back. She looked confused for a second, but when she finally saw Dawon and Jinsook beside her her usual big smile- that seemed way to big for her small shape, was back.

Jinsook looked up and looked at Dawon.

Yeoreum squealed at the sight.

"T-thank you,"

"N-no problem. Glad I could help."

Dayoung made an appearance beside Dawon, her face mimicking Yeoreum's. The two hearts looked at each other with huge grins on their faces.

Dawon took a deep breath and sat beside Jinsook.

The smiles on Yeoreum and Dayoung's faces couldn't be any bigger, but the two disappeared somewhere to give them some space.

After a few seconds of silence, the two finally met each other's gaze.

"Are you coming to the game after school?" Dawon asked.

 

 

 

A/N: yes hi hello i am back from the philippines and i basically ate everything in jollibee, chow king, and mang inasal :DDDDD

and if you guys can't tell i was inspired by this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2REkk9SCRn0 video

dont forget to comment another pairing and au!!!