camping (meiwon)

WJSN Dawon One Shots

Requested by @MyNineUnnies

hope ya like it

~

"Come on Dawon, everyone is coming BUT you," Luda said as she rolled over to face her roommate slash same aged friend.

Dawon silently shook her head again for the hundredth time that day. She continued on typing her essay that was due in an hour or so.

"Come on, its next week! When there's no more school."

Luda has been trying to persuade Dawon the whole week and last week to come camping with them. The brunette wouldn't budge.

She wrapped herself with a blanket, and it was silent in their dorm for a few seconds. Luda was about to text their group chat that Dawon wasn't coming at all, when an idea popped in her head.

"You know Meiqi said she might come," Luda said in a teasing tone. There was an obvious grin on her face as she texted the group chat.

The sound of Dawon typing stopped. 

"S-so?"

Dawon was never really good with hiding how she truly felt. Luda can basically hear the nervousness in her voice at the mention of the Chinese girl's name.

Luda: So is everyone going?

Jinsook: Meeee

Mei Qi: I am!!!

Jiyeon: Yup.

"Well you better check the group chat, Dawonnie," Luda said trying to imitate the nickname Meiqi made for the tall girl.

Dawon threw a pillow at her shorter friend. All of her twelve friends seem to know her small crush on Meiqi, but the latter.

"Just because she's coming doesn't mean I'm coming too." Dawon replied. She closed her laptop and slipped it inside her bag and stretched her tired body.

Mei Qi: Is Dawon unnie coming?

Luda gasped. "Aw, look she's asking if you're coming." 

She jumped from her bed to Dawon's just to show her.

It would be a lie if Dawon said her heart skipped a beat. But she quickly regained herself before she showed any sort of reaction to it, because knowing Lee Luda- they've known each other since kindergarten, she'll never stop teasing Dawon about it.

She got off her bed and grabbed her bag, ignoring her friend.

Luda sighed dramatically "I guess I'll tell her you're not coming then,"

"I don't know Meiqi,"

Luda said while texting. She knows for a fact that Dawon would eventually give in.

The taller girl had her hand on the door knob, but stopped when Luda was actually not joking.

"I think she said she has pl-"

Dawon took Luda's phone and started typing something quickly, tossing it back to the shorter girl before leaving their shared dorm.

Luda: She said she'll think about it :)

~

In one car, Exy was driving with; Seola, Xuanyi, and Bona, and Soobin. Behind them was Eunseo, Cheng Xiao, Dawon, and Mei Qi. And the last ones were the maknaes; Yeoreum, Dayoung, and Yeonjung.

The group has finally reached their destination, and all of them stretched their bodies from sitting down for too long.

The drivers; Exy, Dawon, and Dayoung, met up to discuss with the owner of the campsite.

"Dawon unnie, can you help me?" Meiqi asked as she struggled to carry the sleeping bags in her arms.

"Hey your girlfriend's calling you." Exy teased, pushing Dawon lightly towards her.

"Yeah go show off your muscles, we'll take care of everything." Dayoung added with a smirk.

Dawon's face turned into a light shade of pink, telling her friends to shut up in the process as she jogged her way to Meiqi.

"Thanks Dawonnie." Meiqi shot the brunette a bright smile.

The taller of the two almost dropped the sleeping bags in her hands hearing that one special nick name that only Meiqi calls her.

"Y-you're welcome." 

It was a short walk to their campsite, there was a grassy path leading to it with tree branches providing them shade.

~

"Should we set up the tents now?" The Chinese girl asked.

"Yeah. We can help the others after." Dawon replied.

Meiqi took out the materials, while Dawon started flipping through the instruction manual.

In all honesty, Dawon doesn't even know how to start setting up the tent. This was her first time camping in an actual tent.

"Unnie, where does this go?" 

There was a long pause as Dawon stared at the long rod like figure in Meiqi's hand. 

"Here let me do it," she took it and hesitated. She lifted one end of the tent and decided to put it through a bunch of holes- hoping that it'll at least help the tent stand up.

"There. What's ne-" the tent collapsed in less than a second.

The red head laughed- she threw her head back and clutched her stomach as her laughter filled the air. And Dawon couldn't help but smile too. 

She scratched the back of her neck shyly.

After calming down, Meiqi cleared and held one end of the tent.

"How about let's do this," She crawled inside the tent and lifted it up.

They could finally see how the tent was supposed to look like, kind of.

"I think that stick is supposed to go here." She used her foot to point at a slot that seemed to fit the rod in Dawon's hand.

The two never ended up setting up the tent. The instructions were too complicated for the girls, some parts didn't fit well together, they somehow managed to tangle a few strings.

It was chaos but the two didn't seem to mind. They ended up forgetting about the tent and just started playing around with it.

"I see you two have set up your tent,"

The two looked up- Meiqi in the middle of wrapping Dawon with the tent like a burrito.

"Hi Seola unnie." The Chinese girl smiled cheekily.

From behind the older girl, Dawon saw one tent that was standing up not to far from their tent. Her face paled thinking about how long has Seola been here, it got her thinking if she was there to witness her and Meiqi fooling around.

"Dawon-ah you should check if you left anything else in your car, me and Soobin can set up your tent." The oldest said.

"Can I come?" Meiqi pleaded with puppy eyes. She pulled on the ends of Dawon's shirt, never breaking eye contact, and her bottom lip jutting out.

"Fine"

"Whipped." Seola mumbled under her breath as she glanced at the taller girl of the soon-to-be couple (in her opinion) with a grin.

~

As the sun went down, the girls decided to call it a day. After taking turns washing up in the nearet bathroom, they all entered their tents.

The temperature was a bit cold that night. But it did help Dawon forget that Meiqi was sleeping soundly beside her.

She turned to look at the younger girl. 

It never crossed her mind that she'll start developing some feelings for Meiqi.

Maybe it was those days where she'd help her with her injuries after her dance classes, the days when they would work out together, or maybe when they would talk about how much they love and hate their majors.

Dawon sighed. She slipped out of her sleeping bag, and slowly ped the tent and walked to the now burnt out fire. 

She was too lazy to check the time on her phone, but the sky was a mix of orange and pink. She guessed it was probably five in the morning.

Placing some fresh wood and throwing a match in there, the small flame slowly spread itself. Dawon sat down on one of the chairs and stared at the orange flame in front of her.

"Can't sleep?"

Dawon turned at the voice, surprised to see one of the girls awake very early in the morning.

"Meiqi, you're awake."

She yawned. "Yeah, you weren't there so I figured you were here. Mind if I keep you company?"

There was an uneasy feeling in her gut at the idea of being alone with Meiqi. She usually doesn't get this, but it must be the fact that Meiqi looks adorable in her oversized black sweater and cookie monster patterned pyjamas. Or maybe its her own subconscious telling her that she should tell Meiqi how she truly feels about her.

"Yeah. Sure,"

The younger girl sat on the chair beside Dawon and rested her head on her shoulder.

"Hey, uh, can I tell you something?"

She felt a nod.

Meiqi turned her chair towards Dawon and hugged her knees, waiting for Dawon to continue. 

"Listen, I know that we've only known each other for a few months, but I like you, as in, like like you ... like I like it when you're with me,"

"But it's not like I'll date you- I would but it's only if you feel the same way as I do? But I'm not pressuring you into liking me! We all have-"

She heard the other girl giggle. Dawon stopped her little confession and looked at the girl across from her in confusion.

"Dawonnie, you're crying,"

The brunette touched her cheeks, and she was right. She used her sleeves to wipe them off.

"You know what, forgot what I said," the taller girl stood up ready to sleep and forget what had just happened.

"Go back to sle-"

But a pair of slender arms wrapped around her waist, stopping her from her tracks.

Meiqi had to turn Dawon around herself because the older girl was too embarrassed to look at her in the eye.

"Look at me Dawonnie, please."

This only led her to cover her eyes with her hair.

Meiqi grabbed a fistful of Dawon's sweater and pulled her towards her. Her hands cupped the brunette's face, wiping the remaining tears on her face.

It was just a kiss but it took her a while to process everything. How their lips fitted perfectly together, how her hands made their way around Meiqi's waist, and how she kissed back with just as much passion.

And how Eunseo woke up and telling them to get a room. And by breakfast time everyone already knew thanks to her.

~

A/N: sorry it took a while i had so much school work to do and i didn't know how to end the story skdkkf i apologies again for any mistakes and errors

DONT FORGET TO COMMENT WHAT DAWON PAIRING YOU WANT NEXT!!! AND HAVE YALL SEEN THE TEASERSSSSS *SCREAMS*