The Cool Guy

My Other Half

Author's Note: First, I'm sorry I'm updating so late and such a short chapter, the past days have been very busy, my brother lives in another country and he came to visit last weekend so I didn't have any time for myself, and on top of that I catched the flu. Second, this is an special chapter that I had in mind a long time ago, but somehow I couldn't get into Jinwoo's head, as the draft for the future chapters is more solid I finally feel ready for it. Sorry I still left you with last's chapters cliffhanger, we will need to wait a little bit more to know what happened with the game as this chapter is kind of a flashback only. Hope you enjoy!

**********************************************

(Jinwoo's POV)

 

I should have known it was a trap. It was fishy when they suggested to play a game right after I came back from the bathroom, they said the loser will need to grant any wish to the winner, so we play rock, paper and scissors. Of course, both put out paper, while I put out rock on the first try, then Hoony revealed his evil plan, “You have to dress as a maid for our class maid café at the school festival.” Are they crazy? How do they want me to dress like a girl in the school festival, in front of everyone and in front of Mina? “No way!! Anything but that.” “But you promised hyung, you must keep your promise, aren’t you a man of his words?” Said Yoon doing aegyo at me, wow they even using the aegyo card. Now, that touched a sensitive spot in me, of course I’m going to keep the stupid promise, besides I just learned my lesson, never go to the bathroom alone.

Is freaking hot today, or is it because of these clothes? We were at Eunji’s house, she helped me get dress and I feel so ashamed right now, other than the skirt (which is really comfy) I hate everything about this outfit and besides my legs looks huge on these pantyhose, how can girls live like this?

- Oh my gosh, Kim Jinwoo-ssi you look beautiful, you’re prettier than most of the girls I know. Can I take a picture of you?

- Araso, just don’t upload it to the fan site.

- Don’t worry, this will be my little treasure. – she said with a mischievous grin.

- Now help me get out of these clothes please, we need to bake the cheesecake.

We needed to prepare some pastries to sell at the café tomorrow. Eunji and I were in charge of the cheesecake and we also wanted to make some macarons, but after watching the recipe on YouTube we just decided to buy some. Mina and Yura are going to prepare some cupcakes and pies and the rest of the girls are going to take care of the beverages. I really hate cooking, is so burdensome and complicated, I don’t know why I dislike more about losing the stupid bet, if the dressing like a maid part or the cooking part.

This has to be the worst day of my life. The dress itches, my feet are bleeding, the café is so busy I can’t even take a break or have a seat, the creepy guys are staring at me like I’m something to eat and on top of all Mina had to see me like this. I must really look so pathetic and lame right now, how am I supposed to impress her, how can she ever see me like something more than a friend. I can picture Mina liking a really cool guy, someone tough and manly, with great fashion sense, sense of humor, outgoing and handsome, like that guy talking with Yoon right now. Wait a moment, who is that guy with Yoon? I definitely haven’t see him before and they are walking in this direction!! Oh no, Yoon that crazy bastard is going to introduce me to that cool guy at my lamest moment, the bastard is even laughing at me.

- Hyung you look so pretty, hahahahaha…. I’m so glad you lost that bet.

- Shut up you crazy bastard, don’t think I don’t know you and Hoony planned all of this to make me lose that bet.

- Araso, araso hyung, don’t be so upset we will make it up to you some other time, I just came to introduce you to my cousin Mino, he is going to be starting school next week with us on the same year.

I feel so ashamed at this moment, that I can’t even look at him in the eye. He will probably think that I’m a freak or something to be dress like this, good thing we will be classmates, I will make sure to change his impression of me, he has to witness how cool and manly I can be. As I extend my hand at him, I finally look at him in the eyes – wow, he really does have nice eyes – and as I shake his hand I kind of feel like an electric shock coming through me, I think is a sign, that either we are going to be very good friends or I have a lot of static today.

- Kim Jinwoo, nice to meet you.

- Song Mino, nice to meet you too.

- How old are you Mino?

- 16 years old. 

- I’m 17, you can call me hyung like the rest of the gang.

- Oh, I thought we were on the same year.

- We are, I just lost a year due to some family circumstances. Well got to go, I need to serve some tables, but catch you guys later.

The rest of the day I was so busy with the café that I couldn’t talk to them again as I promised. Still I was watching them from afar, Hoony join them later and they order some pastries on our café and were serve by Mina. From where I can see, they seem to be getting alone really well, it seems that Song Mino will be a really great fit for our group, he seems really nice, cool, outgoing and friendly, if only he was good at soccer he would be perfect.