I Really Really Like You

My Other Half

 

 

“The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.”

     - Eden Ahbez

 

(Jinwoo’s POV)

My phone was buzzing again nonstop with another new message from Taehyun, but my fingers couldn’t react or move, I couldn't focus on anything else but what have just transpired between Mino and me.

 

***************************************************************

 

(Earlier that day)

 

There are so many things I’ve learned after being friends with Mino and one of them is wearing perfume, like what I’m doing right now while getting ready for our date, or should I said appointment, or is it a date? Aich~ I don’t know, this friendship is so confusing, confusing as that one time when I kissed him on the cheek while celebrating our passing to semi finals, I don’t know what got into me at that moment, fortunately he didn’t seemed disgusted or upset by it.

 

He came just in time to pick me up on his motorcycle, he looked cool as always, wearing his leather jacket and ripped pants and he handed me the helmet so we could ride to our destination. Once we were there, I was completely lost inside the store, I’ve never been on that type of place before, on the other hand, Mino seemed to move around the place rather easily, he must have a lot of experience buying gifts to his ex-girlfriends, lucky girls having been with someone with such good taste.

 

Finally a sale assistent notice my turmoil and came to my aid, she seemed really nice and helpful and was asking me many question trying to find something that suited my taste, however Mino was very rude to her and rejected her help, it was the first time I saw him being so impolite to someone, I guess he must really like to shop on his own.

 

This task was not as easy as I thought it will be, trying to find the perfect bag with an specific budget was a very laborious job. The reason why I decided to buy my mother a nice looking bag, was because she always seems to admire and flatter other’s people bags, however, she still has the same old and worn out bag since more than 3 years ago, and that’s only because she always puts me and my needs first, before her own. She works so hard and cares so much for me, she deserves the world.

 

Mino’s keen eye was able to find the perfect bag, it looked absolutely modern and chic and right below my budget, he was so nice that he even bought her a matching wallet with his own money, if it that would have been a present for me I would have stop him, but since it was for my mother I allowed him to do it. I was feeling so grateful towards him that I invited him to my favorite ramen place, that was nothing compared to all he has done for me, my friendship with him has definitely been this year’s highlight and I will make sure to tell him that.

 

- I’m so glad you help me find her the perfect present, she will be so pleased with it.

- Is because you managed to saved all that money that we could find her something that nice. - he told me as humble as he always is.

- Yes I know. I’ve been saving my lunch money for weeks, but I also could do that because of you and your dossirak, you have no idea how thankful and happy I am to have met you. - As I was saying this we were walking so close together that I could feel his fingers brushing against mine and I suddenly felt a strange urge to hold his hand, probably because I was feeling so thankful to him.

- I’m also happy I met you, you have no idea how much. - I couldn’t stop smiling at that, maybe I was as important to him as he was to me, I was almost lost in his eyes when all of a sudden I remembered that we were almost in front of a place that I really wanted to show him.

- Oh, look Mino a pet shop!! - I told him and guided him to one of the places I was secretly meaning to show him.

 

I was eager to show him this place because I knew he likes animals as much as I do and specially cats, one of the many things we have in common. I was so satisfied to see the look on his face, he seemed so ecstatic with his surroundings. Then after I few minutes of wandering around the place we were both hypnotized by a beautiful munchkin kitten that seemed so helpless and alone at her cage.

 

- She is sooo pretty, I want her!!! - he said adorably.

- Why don’t you take her, let’s raise her together!!

- I don’t know, I need to ask my aunt first.

- Do it!! - I insisted. - Call her now!! - He tried calling her but it sent him to voice mail, he was looking so sad and disappointed at that moment that it hurt me inside.

 

After the pet shop disappointment he decided to rent a couple of bicycles to lift his mood up and I happily follow him with the idea, I haven’t had that much fun in days, just fooling around and laughing together. Later in the evening we returned our bicycles and sat down in one of the benches in front of the Han River to watch the sunset together, it was beautiful and romantic, I couldn’t believe I was sharing that type of moment with my best friend instead of a girlfriend, but strangely enough it felt just right. Then Mino interrupted my train of thought when he asked me a random question.

 

- I was wondering. - He said looking at his hands on his lap instead of me. - What was your first impression of me when you met me?

- I thought you were really cool. - I told him remembering how mesmerized I was when I met him - And that it would be really nice if we could be friends. What about you?

- I… from the first moment I saw you. - He was about to whisper what he thought of me, because he was closing the distance between us and then, I don’t know if it was because of the romantic atmosphere, my raging hormones or his alluring essence, but I closed my eyes like expecting something else to happen, luckily his phone started ringing at that moment and I thanked God because I was able to stop before doing something awful and stupid.

- Answer, it must be your aunt!! - I yelled excited trying to ease the tension between us.

- Hi aunt, how is your day going!? - He asked her through the phone. - Good… yes I was just, I wanted to asked you if I could take a kitten home… Yes… Sure… Araso, bye, see you at home.

- What did she said? - I asked eager to know.

- She said yes, as long as I take care of her food and needs myself.

- Daebak!! - I told him and dragged him back to the pet shop so we could finally take her with us.

 

*****************************************************************

 

I had the privilege to carry Johnny in my arms while were riding back to his place, I wanted to go with him so we could accommodate her together at her new home, I was really excited to help him, after all I promised him to raised her together. Once we were at his room he started to arranged all the new things we bought for Johnny, I was appreciating how meticulous and careful he was when Johnny started tickling me with her fur and that was the end of me, tickles are my kryptonite, I was laughing out of control when Mino grabbed her away from me, but then he looked at me with dark eyes telling me I was really sensitive and then started attacking me, I tried to yelled him to stop but he wouldn't retreat, instead he pushed me against the mattress and pressed me with his body, I stared at him getting lost in his eyes once again, it was like my whole body was expectant, anticipating something to happen and then he closed the distance between us until our lips locked, he kissed me softly and tenderly, like afraid I was going to break and I was already hypnotized by him, maybe because of the taste of his lips, the smell of his hair or the warm of his body against mine but I also started to move my lips responding to his kiss. It was amazing, I never felt like this before, I know it was my first kiss but I was never close to imagine how awesome and breaktaking it could be. I woke up from my trance when I felt him biting my lip and then reality hit me like a bus, I was kissing my best friend in the lips, my male best friend!!

 

I gathered all the strength and willpower I had left to push him away, I felt my lips tingling and swollen and I covered them with my hands feeling completely flustrated and ashamed and I could notice that Mino was also feeling shocked and ashamed of what had happened, I could see it on his face. I didn’t know what to do so I ran away and as I was living I heard him yelling “What have I done!?”, he was already regretting what happened.

 

*************************************************************

 

I was laying in bed and my heart could not calm down, it was beating so fast like I had just run a marathon. I was replaying the scene of our kiss in my head over and over again and I couldn’t grasp the meaning of it all, why did we kiss? Why it felt so good? Am I gay? Is Mino gay? Is he attracted to me or was it just a spur of the moment kind of thing?

 

I needed to distract myself from all those confusing thoughts so I decided to answer the ton of messages that Taehyun was sending me non stop. “Where are you?”, “Are you already at home?”, “Are you alone?”, “Can we talk?”, “I had something to tell you”, “Call me whenever you can”... Instead of texting him back, I just dialed his number so we could talk.

 

- Why the heck aren’t you answering my texts? - He yelled over the phone.

- Mino kissed me.

- WHAT!?

- He was tickling me in his bed and then he just kissed me out of the blue.

- What the heck!! - he yelled again. - Wait, but what were you doing on his bed?

- ert, I was just sitting alone on his bed and then he found out about my weakness with tickles so he attacked me until he was on top of me on the bed.

- And I’m the ert one hyung? Pushing you against the mattress was his ultimate goal, you're so naive. And what did you do?

- I kissed him back - I told him still incredulous of my previous actions.

- Finally.

- What!? - I asked him puzzled. - What did you mean by that?

- That it been a long time coming, you finally acted on your feelings.

- What are you talking about? We’re just friends.

- Please hyung. - he said conceited. - Friends don’t kiss each other on the mouth.

- It just happen, it didn’t mean anything, Mino and I regretted already. Besides neither of us like guys.

- Okay hyung. - he said and took a big breath. - Is time for me to tell you a secret of mine.

- What secret? - I asked him perplexed.

- I’m gay. - I just stay silent for almost a minute, I was processing the bomb he just threw at me. - Hyung… are you still there?

- But… why… since when? - I asked him stuttering out the words.

- I always been gay hyung, I just didn’t feel comfortable with sharing it to the world. Besides, I never really had any close friend until I met you, so I never had anyone to share my secret with.

- Why didn’t you tell me before?

- I was afraid of how you were going to react, you were my first close friend after all, I was afraid of losing you. But then when I saw your relationship with Mino, I started thinking that maybe we’re not that different after all.

- So you really think I like him in that way?

- It was pretty obvious from the start, I was just afraid of Mino not returning your feelings, I didn’t know him that well, but after talking to him I could definitely sensed that he cherish you a lot.

- I don’t know what to think Taehyun-ah, I never even consider the idea before, I’m just so confused at this moment.

- Just talk to him, you both will clarify your feelings if you just talk.

- I’ll try, at this moment I don’t even think that I can look at him in the eye. - I told him with my mind still a mess inside. - And what did you wanted to tell me?

- Oh! My thing? - he asked a little bit shy. - That can wait, you have more important things in your head right now.

 

********************************************************************************

 

I was determined to talk to Mino the next day, but he just walked right next to me without even stealing a glance at me, he was completely ignoring me the whole day and one of my biggest fears was becoming a reality, the fear of losing him and losing the best friendship I ever had.

 

I was too scared to take the initiative to talk to him, he was probably upset and feeling regretful of kissing me, so instead of leading me on he was taking a step back and putting some distance between us, but after one day I was already missing him like crazy, missing how he used to brighten my day with his lame jokes and silly smile, how he was always so thoughtful of cooking for me everyday and the endless conversation we had on the way home.

 

I was so concern with our broken friendship that by Wednesday I didn’t even had an strategy for our next game, the game that was going to determine if we could go to the final or no, I wasn’t even putting my whole attention to the practice, I was too distracted watching Mino from the corner of my eye. Even if he wasn’t talking to me at least he wasn’t missing practice, although I could tell he wasn't putting his 100% in it, just like me.

 

By then, Hoony and Yoon had already asked me like a hundred times what was going on between us, I tried to brush it off by saying it was just a little fight but they were very persistent to know what was going on.

 

- Whatever he did to you hyung. - told me Yoon. - You should just forgive him, I’m sure he didn’t mean it.

- What are you saying. - argued Hoony. - As far as I know, Jinu hyung could have been the one that made the mistake.

- That’s not possible. - insisted Yoon. - It was definitely Mino’s fault.

- Stop fighting over this guys. - I interrupted them. - It was just a misunderstanding, that’s all.

- So why don’t you just talk things out and reconcile already? - asked Yoon.

- Yes hyung, is getting really uncomfortable and awkward to be around you two. - added Hoony.

 

********************************************

 

At one point I felt that the week was going by really slowly and days felt really long, I started to realize that when I spent time with Mino, time went by really quickly, but the minute we were apart it seemed like time could stop, I was missing him so much that it made me feel sick to my stomach.

 

By Thursday I told my mom that I wasn’t feeling really well to go to school, my mom knows me too well, she knew that I wasn't really sick, but she let me stay. She was really concern about me, I could see it in her eyes, I also know her really well, she started sensing something weird was going on when Mino didn’t came to our house to study on Tuesday, but she always gives me my space, so she didn’t pushed me to tell her what was happening, she knew I will talk to her when I’m ready.

 

I spent most of the day resting in my bed and thinking about the kiss, so I just decided to watch a movie to forget things and think about something else, but the movie I was eager to watch again was that cheesy movie “Serendipity”. Instead of making me forget it actually made me feel much worse, just a couple of weeks ago we were spending time together, watching the movie together, sharing secrets with each other and now we didn’t talk anymore, just a couple of weeks ago we were saying to each other that our meeting was destiny and now he was ignoring me, like I never even existed.

 

There were only about ten minutes left of the movie, when I heard someone knocking at the door, it was Hoony that came to bring me my homework.

 

- What’s up hyung!? - said Hoony barging into my room. - Did you puke a lot?

- I didn’t!!!

- Then why did you skipped school today? - he asked smirking at me. - Did you have a stomach flu or a heart flu?

- Hahaha… very funny. I just didn’t felt like going today.

- Woah… I never imagined I would live to see the day when Jinu hyung skipped class just because. - he said making fun of me.

- Just give me my homework!!

- But seriously. - he asked changing his tone. - What’s wrong hyung? You know you can talk to me.

- Didn’t Mino tell you? - I asked him after a long sigh.

- He did.

- Then why do you ask me!?

- I was kind of waiting for you to tell me on your own.

- I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be rude, I’m just so confused and stress at the moment. - I apologized.

- That’s why I’m here for, you can vent your feelings with me, we’re friends after all.

- Is just that, there are so many things in my head right now, so many questions. - I told him already pulling my hair out. - Why did he kiss me? He clearly told me that he loves someone else, is he playing with me? Did he notice my unnatural attachment to him?

- One question at the time please. - he said smiling and overwhelmed at my outburst. - Look, is clear that he kissed you because he likes you and where did you get that about him liking someone else?

- He told me once, when we were talking about one sided love.

- I’m sure you misunderstood that, is a fact that Mino only has eyes for you. - he told me sure of his statement. - The real question here is what do you feel?

- I don’t know. - I told him sincerely. - I know he is really important to me, I cared for him a lot, I miss him a lot, I want to be with him. I’m sure that I like him, I know that, but how do I know that I don’t like him just as a friend?

- I remember one time some months ago. - said Hoony reminiscing about the past. - You told me and Yoon that you wanted to spent the rest of our lives together, like family, that we were brothers to you. You told us that you wanted to be the best man at our weddings and be the godfather our kids, are you able to picture the same with Mino?

- I don’t understand your point. - I said to him still a little bit confused.

- Can you see Mino as your brother? - he asked all serious. - Can you imagine yourself being the best man at his wedding with someone else, being the godfather of the children he had with someone else?

- I can’t. - I answered him with all honesty. - It hurts.

- Then you already have your answer.

- Omo, omo… Hoony, I’ve already fallen for him. - I told him covering my blushing and embarrassed face with my hands.

- You need to talk to him now, you have to let him know that he is not alone in love.

- Can’t you give some time? Just one week ago I didn’t even know I was into guys and now you want me to go and tell him my feelings when I just figured them out like about five minutes ago?

- Hyung there’s no time to hesitate. - he told me removing my hands from my face. - I talked with Mina today, she was asking me if Mino and you were fighting, she wanted to know if she still has a chance with him. Mino might be patient, but he won’t be waiting for you forever.

- But I… - I said struggling to find words. - I don’t know what to say.

- It’s just feelings hyung, there’s not much to think, you just feel them.

- But I… I never felt like this before, how can I explain it? - I asked him feeling perplexed. - And he doesn’t talk to me right now, he is ignoring me.

- Just go to him and talk to him as usual.

 

********************************************************************

 

(Mino’s POV)

 

This has been the longest week ever since I came to Korea, I might just pack things up and go back to China, my heart is broken and seeing the culprit everyday is suffocating.

 

I couldn’t blame him, no one is at fault but myself, if I hadn't gotten carried away by my feelings and hormones at that moment, I wouldn’t have lost the best thing that has happened to me in a long time. Jinu hyung was definitely shocked and disgusted once he realized what we did, he must be really disappointed at me for taking advantage of him in that way.

 

I decided that I was going to give him some space so he didn’t felt uncomfortable by me, I was going to give him some time so he could forgive me. I just didn’t knew it will hurt that much, that I was going to miss him that much, everything just felt gray and meaningless without him.

 

I became really worried when he didn’t came to school on Thursday, I was dying to know what happened to him, if he was feeling very sick, if he was in pain… I was dying to see him again.

 

When I came back to my house and lay down in my bed the depressing thoughts were making me feel sick to my stomach. I couldn’t bear it anymore, I needed to talk to him and ask him to forgive me and if he couldn’t forgive me I was just going to pack my things and get away from here. But then, as the rain hits the forest on the driest day and the sun rises after the darkest hour, my phone gave the answer I was waiting for, it was a text message from him.

 

From: boyfriend ♥

 

Don’t forget to bring your pajamas tomorrow.

 

*******************************************************************

 

I didn’t even think twice about it, I ran out of the apartment, hopped into my motorcycle and rode towards him as fast as I could.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw9aBIT3HGk

 

With you Everything seems so easy
With you My heart beat has found its rhythm
With you I'm so close to finding my home

 

“Then for the first time he looked at me with those beautiful eyes, his expression turning softer at that moment as he extended his hand to me. I could feel an electric shock coming through me when he touched me, I wonder if he felt it too.”

 

With you I don't care if I'm a little bit crazy
Cause with you nothing's wrong
I was broken I was wasted
Then you came like an angel in the rain

 

Love used to slip through me like waters slips through hands
But with you it changed I know I feel I'm closer to your heart

 

I am run... run... running to you And I'll keep you safe forever
Through the tears trough the love and all the nights we share

I am run... run... running to you And I'll keep you safe forever
Don't you know my love don't you know
Two hearts can beat as One

 

“- What are you cooking? – I asked him.

- Is ka-re rice.

- How did you…?

- I asked Eunji. – he said smiling at me.”

 

“...When we arrived at the bus stop he said, “Mino, I want to give you something.” He took my hand and place a phone strap on the palm of my hand, it was a tiny soccer ball, the cutest thing I ever seen. “I don’t have money to pay you for the tutoring so this is the least I can do, besides I’m really thankful to you for everything, the lunchboxes, the winning goal on Sunday and just for been my friend. I wanted to thank you for all. I know this is only a tiny thing and is not worth much, but is from the heart.” I was about to cry…”

Love used to slip through me like water slips
through hands but no more
No more lonely nights no more no more
So c'mon c'mon hold on hold on hold on

I am run... run... running to you And I'll keep you safe forever
Through the tears through the love and all the nights we share

“- Kim Jinwoo, let me quote Toy’s song, “you’re the most precious person in the world”. Anyone would be the luckiest person to have you, she just made the biggest mistake in her life. – I reassure him and he was finally laughing.

- That was so cheesy. – he said giggling.”

I am run... run... running to you And I'll keep you safe forever
Don't you know my love don't you know Two Hearts can…

“- You don’t have to feel lonely anymore, I will never leave your side. – he said while squeezing my hand.”

 

I am run... run... running to you And I'll keep you safe forever
Through the tears trough the love and all the nights we share

 

“...you have no idea how thankful and happy I am to have met you. - At that moment I was brushing my fingers with his hand, we were just millimetres away to holding hands like a real couple.

 

- I’m also happy I met you, you have no idea how much…”

 

I am run... run... running to you And I'll keep you safe forever
Don't you know two hearts can beat as one.

 

****************************************************

 

I was running up the stairs of the apartment building, my heart was beating so fast that it felt like it was going to come out of my chest, I had not time to waste, I needed to see him. I pressed the bell and his mother opened the door looking very surprised.

 

- Mino, I’m so glad to see you! Are you staying over?

- Yes mom. - said Jinu coming out of his room. - If that’s okay with you.

- Sure boys, why not? - she said smiling while Jinu dragged me to his room.

- I didn’t bring my things for school. - I told him while he closed the door behind me.

- In that case, you will have to wake up earlier to get them.

- Okay.

- We need to talk. - he said. - Mino, I…

- Jinu wait, stop and let me finish what I started the other day. From the first moment I saw you, I was captivated by your eyes, your lips, your nose, your translucent skin, I couldn’t stop thinking about you. The second time I saw you I was fascinated by your personality, your leadership and commitment to the team. Then when you cooked for me for the first time I was touched by your sincere heart and kindness and when you gave me the phone strap after, I was moved to tears by that heartfull gesture. As the days went by, I was falling deeper in love with you, every time you shared your fears and worries with me I felt that we were getting closer and closer to each other and it scared me, but at the same time it made me happy. I was sure my feelings for you were love when you asked Mina out and I was driven to despair by the thoughts of losing you and then I was brought back to life again when you told me you were over her. Now, even though I’m frightened about losing you forever by confession my feelings for you, I will never regret kissing you, that kiss meant everything to me, I couldn’t be happier to have shared that moment with you. Right now, no words can explain my feelings for you, anything I said will never do justice to what I feel when I’m with you, when I touch you, when I kiss you. - As I was saying this he shut my mouth by pressing his lips with mine, that was all the answer I need it from him.

- Will you let me talk now?

- Yes. - I told him out of breath after just one peck.

- The past few days have been a torture for me, I was so afraid of losing you, terrified that our friendship was going to fade away just like that, scared that I was going to wake up one day and realized that meeting you was only a dream. Every moment I spent with you are the happiest moments of my day, when things are hard or when I’m worried or sad, just talking to you makes me feel better… So I came to the conclusion that I really really like you, more than a friend and it’s both exciting and scary at the same time. - He said with a nervous laugh and I couldn’t contain myself anymore, I kissed him desperately and hard, he wrapped his arms around my neck and he started running his fingers through my hair, while I was holding him by the waist, I was caressing his lower lip with my tongue nibbling and playing and then we touched each other’s tongue for the first time, tasting each other, it was exquisite. But then I heard some noises outside the door and I was hit by lighting, we weren't alone, I broke the kiss and worriedly stare at him and he stare back at me looking rather shock.

 

- Wait, isn’t a bit disrespectful to be doing this while your mom is outside. - I told him worried.

- Don’t worry I locked the door. - he said with a smug.

- But still… don’t you want to go to my place instead?

- But your aunt is going to be there!!

- She is fine with this, she is very open minded and besides your mom trust me.

- Your aunt also trust me, I’m not going anywhere.

- Fine. - I told him defeated. - Can I kiss you again?

- You don’t need to ask permission.

- Never again?

- Never again.

 

*****************************************************

Author's Note: So actually this chapter was supossed to end with Jinu's text to Mino, but that wasn't really fair to you guys after how long you waited for this. I made a mistake last week, after this chapter is that we have 4 left, there will be 20 chapters in total, we need to see more of SongKim's sweet relationship and there are things that still need to wrap up like KangJung's relationship and the tournament. Finally I want to thank Hispterian and HOTGEE for writing great fanfics and been so nice to me on twitter the past few days, I really really like you unnies and I hope we can share more things together, and to all the readers have a great week!!

PS/ I will try to update earlier than next Sunday taking advantage of the 4 of July Holiday, but if I can't let's see each other next Sunday!