The Newsletter

My Other Half

(Jinwoo’s POV)

 

I couldn’t sleep at all, I was yearning to kiss him again, to touch him, to feel him and savor his tasty lips. How come he was able to sleep so soundly?? I was feeling so aware of him and his presence, his beautiful lips and long eyelashes. While he was sleeping so peacefully I was trying not to touch him, I was sure any physical contact would set me on fire. Oh God, what a long night!!

 

(Mino’s POV)

 

I didn’t sleep at all the past few days, after all the turmoil and despair and the thoughts of losing Jinu hyung forever, I wasn’t able to get at least one full night of sleep. But now after finally pouring out my feelings and knowing that my feelings were return, I’m finally feeling happy and satisfy, I felt so content that the moment my head touched the pillow I fell asleep.

 

I set up my alarm earlier because I needed to change and get my stuff from school at my aunt's apartment. Jinu was still sleeping looking so peaceful and beautiful like an angel, so I just kissed his forehead and headed to the door, but before I was out he stopped me with his melodious morning voice.

 

- You’re going already?

 

- I have to go home to prepare for school, you still have some time, rest a little longer.

 

- I don’t want you to go. - he said whining like a little kid. - Can we just stay here and skipped school today?

 

- No babe, you’re not skipping school again, you have to go.

 

- What did you just call me? - he said with a silly smile on his blushing face.

 

- Babe, you are my babe now.

 

- Oww… Mino-yah… that’s so cheesy. - he said covering his face.

 

- And this is just the beginning. - I told him and kissed his lips goodbye. - See you at school.

 

- Kyah~!! - yelled Jinu while trowing his pillow at me.

 

***************************************************************************

 

It was already lunch time and my Jinu was really nervous, his hand that I was holding under the table was sweating and he was just playing with his food barely eating, he had told me before that he was going to tell Yoon about us during lunch and he was really afraid of how would he react. So, I just decided to take matters into my own hands.

 

- Seungyoon, there’s something I need to tell you. - I told him still a little bit apprehensive while Jinu just stared at me with his eyes wide open. - I really really like Jinu hyung, more than a friend and he kind of reciprocates my feelings, so we are together now.

 

- WHAT!? - he yelled at us. - You guys are a couple!?

 

- Yes!! - we both said in unison.

 

- You knew about this. - he said accusatory pointing at Hoony.

 

- Um. - said Hoony nervously nodding his head.

 

- And you told Hoon before me?! - he asked upset. - Hyung, how could you do that to me?

 

- He didn’t. - I said standing up for my boyfriend. - Hoony found out on his own.

 

- Really? - he asked dumbfound.

 

- Well, it wasn’t that hard to tell. - answered Hoony.

 

- Sorry guys, I guess I wasn’t really paying attention to the signs, I just thought you two were weirdly touchy and close to each other.

 

- Are you okay with this Yoon-ah? - asked Jinu worriedly.

 

- How can you even doubt it hyung? - he said patting his head. - You guys have my full support.

 

- See!! - I told Jinu while pinching his puffy cheeks.

 

- It’ll just take time to get use to it I guess. - said Yoon with a disgusted face.

 

- On a different topic. - said Jinu. - Eunji wants us to go to her house tomorrow to have our first meeting for the school’s newsletter, she already got the green light from the principal.

 

- Isn’t your mom’s birthday tomorrow? - I asked him.

 

- Is okay, we will celebrate my mom’s birthday before, Eunji wants us at her place at 3:00 pm.

 

- Aren’t we also invited to your mom’s birthday? - asked Hoony.

 

- Is more like a family thing only. - said Jinu a little bit embarrassed.

 

- But why is Mino invited then? - they both yelled upset.

 

- He’s kind of family now. - said Jinu getting even more red with embarrassment while Yoon and Hoony got up upset and started leaving. - Wait guys!! Where are you going?

 

- Don’t panic, they’re just joking. - I told him to calm him down.

 

- It’s not funny. - he said pouting his beautiful lips.

 

- Well, I’m glad they left us alone, we need to talk.

 

- About what? - he said nervously.

 

- About telling your mom about us, we need to tell her as soon as possible, I don’t think I can talk to her comfortably if I know we’re lying to her.

 

- Araso, let’s tell her soon, but after her birthday!

 

***********************************************************************

 

(Jinwoo’s POV)

 

I was feeling a little bit guilty with my team, because I wasn’t really focus on practice. We were supposed to be preparing for our game for semifinals this week, but all I could think about was how handsome my boyfriend looks running after the ball, he looked so perfect, so manly and hot, how could I not notice before that I been having this overwhelming feelings all along and for them to be reciprocated is just perfect, I can't ask for more.

 

The way he treats me is just the cherry on top of the icing, his adoring and kind eyes when he looks at me, his blinding smile and my favorite trait of him, his voice when he calls my name, I feel goosebumps all over my body, and then the way he grabs me by the arm and takes me with him, it just melts me.

 

- Hyung, time to go home, you were really distracted during practice, what were you thinking of? - he asked while taking me by the arm to his motorcycle.

 

- Nothing, just thinking about this Sunday’s game.

 

- Don’t worry too much about it. - he told me while caressing my cheeks. - We come far enough, I’m sure the kids will still be happy even if we lose.

 

- Yes, you’re right, no reason to worry about.

 

- Hyung, there’s something I need to ask you. - he said really serious.

 

- What do you wanna ask me?

 

- Can we sleep at my place instead? - he asked and part of me felt relieved it wasn’t something more serious. - We can go to your house first to get your things and you can see and play with Johnny again.

 

- Is that the real reason you want me to stay at your place instead, because you want me to play with Johnny?

 

- You know that’s not the real reason. - he said embarrassed. - I feel like I’m betraying your mother’s trust in me if we stay alone at your place now that we are a couple and we haven’t even tell her the truth yet.

 

- Is okay, I trust you. - I told him grabbing his hand.

 

- You shouldn’t. - he said with a smirk. - I might attack you in your sleep.

 

- Oh, you should! - I whispered.

 

- What did you say?

 

- Nothing, you wouldn’t do that, you’re such a good kid, that’s why my mom loves you.

 

- You shouldn’t trust me that much, when I don’t even trust myself. - was he seducing me or what? But at that moment our was cut short when Yoon and Hoony came to join us.

 

- You’re already going guys? - asked Yoon.

 

- Um. - I nodded. - We were going to prepare some things for tomorrow’s reunion with Eunji and study a little bit.

 

- That’s all BS. - laugh Hoony. - You guys are just going to cuddle and watch some movies, that’s what you always do.

 

- Mino, why do you have to tell him everything? - I told him while punching his arm. - He’s the enemy, he makes fun of people’s weakness.

 

- I still can’t get used to this. - said Yoon with a blushing face, I think we’re still making him a little bit uncomfortable with our change of status.

 

- Let’s go already Mino, it’ll get dark really soon.

 

- Don’t forget to use protection kids. - said Hoony laughing and waving at us while Yoon was just covering his face embarrassed.

 

************************************************************************

 

(Mino’s POV)

 

It was a super awkward morning. Jinu and I went to his house early in the morning and prepare breakfast together for his mom and we bake a strawberry shortcake for her birthday, we gave her the presents and she loved them, she was really happy and she gave me a very tight hugh, but all I could think about was that I was kissing her son behind her back, staining his pure and white soul with my dirty urges, we can’t continue like this, I have to tell her the truth.

 

I didn’t have time to tell her anything before we had to go to Eunji’s house and at the same time I felt that Jinu was trying to dodge the topic as much as possible, every time I tried to talk about it, he changed the topic and started talking about soccer or the dramas he and his mother were watching, he really doesn’t feel ready to do it and I decided to respect that.

 

When we arrived at Eunji’s house we were a little bit late, so Hoony and Yoon were already there working on their laptops, she started giving Jinu instructions on what his part on the newsletter project will be and then she came to me.

 

- Mino, Jinwoo-ssi told me you can help me with the layout and design.

 

- No problem, I’ll take care of that.

 

- I’m also writing a piece about you guys getting to semifinals and Jinwoo-ssi is helping me with the technical part.

 

- Seunghoon-ssi can you also help me with the entertainment section? - said Enuji sounding frustrated. - I really don’t like what I have so far.

 

- You’re right. - he said sounding very serious. - Who would like to read about this kind of news when you can find them at any other news portal.

 

- Exactly, we need something different and original, something that can makes us stand out from the rest.

 

- You know about that freshman that was an extra on “Fight my Way”? You should interview her, get her story and impressions not only about being an extra but also about being part of the making of the drama.

 

- Seunghoon, you’re a freaking genius!!! - said Eunji and hugged him while Yoon was throwing daggers at them with his eyes. Is Hoony right, is Yoon really in love with her?

 

- Okay, I’ll try to get her contact information, let’s start working!!

 

- I can interview her if you want to. - said Yoon.

 

- Are you sure about that? - asked Eunji not sounding so sure about it. - Don’t you have enough work assigned already?

 

- It’s okay, I have enough time for all.

 

- I get it, she is a really pretty girl, is okay, you can do it.

 

- It’s not like that, I just want to help!!

 

- I’m not judging you, you’re not a kid anymore, you don’t have to explain yourself.

 

- You’re misunderstanding!!

 

- Is fine Yoon. - said Hoony while laughing. - She gets it, you’re all grown up now.

 

- Old enough that you’re already having your own recital tonight. - said Eunji surprising us all.

 

- What!? - we all yelled. - You're having a recital tonight and you didn’t tell us?

 

- I’m just playing a few songs at her uncle’s bar, is not a big deal.

 

- Of course it is a big deal. - complained Jinwoo. - We’re all going to support you, where’s the bar?

 

***********************************************************************

 

(Seung Yoon’s POV)

 

My palms are sweating, in just a few minutes I will sing in front of all those people and is not really the crowd that I’m worry about, my nervousness, the palpitations in my heart and the uncontrollable sweating is all for her.

 

I can’t let her down. Halmoni told me that Eunji was the one that was pestering her uncle non stop about giving me the chance to sing at his bar, is the first time there is live music like mine at the bar, usually they only have background music or a pianist at the most for special occasions, but never a performer like me.

 

I have to do my best so I don’t disappoint her and her uncle, that’s why I didn’t tell my friends about it, I could do without the pressure of having them around. Besides, Jinwoo hyung said it better than me, Hoony is the enemy, is enough that he already knows about my feelings for Eunji somehow, I didn’t want to give him another reason to make fun of me.

 

I guess I will have to live with that now that Eunji told them about it, of course Hoony had a mischievous smirk on his stupid face, while Mino and Jinu hyung were already planning the outing as their first date, is still so weird to see two of my best friends in love and all over each other, but I guess it makes me happy to see them happy, so I’ll just have to get use to it.

 

- Are you ready Yoon-ah? - asked me Eunji while coming inside of the dressing room. - You’re up in 10 minutes.

 

- I’m ready, just let me get something first. - I told her while retrieving my wallet and getting the guitar pick I had inside.

 

- You still have it? - she said surprised while looking at the guitar pick she gave me 6 years ago.

 

- Of course I do. But when I notice that the letters were starting to fade I decided to keep it in a safe place instead, I only use it on special occasions like this one, is my lucky charm.

 

- I can’t believe you still have it, I always thought you lost it or forgot about it.

 

- How can I lost it, this is so important to me, you gave it to me, is my treasure.

 

- Is this a joke Yoon-ah?

 

- Is not a joke Eunji, you’re very important to me. - I told her and then I notice that there were tears in her eyes.

 

- You’re very important to me too, you are my best friend.

 

- Is more than that to me Eunji, I like you, since we were kids.

 

- What didn’t you say it before? - she asked me while punching my arm, she was already crying.

 

- Because I thought you didn’t think of me in that way.

 

- How can you say that!? I’ve always liked you.

 

TBC~

 

*************************************************************************************

 

Author's Note: Okay guys so first I'm so sorry for updating so late, I know how it is to wait for a story to be updated, I'm an avid fanfic reader myself so that's why when I started writing I made up my mind to update as fast as possible. Good thing that I had left the story on good point and not on cliffhanger, that would have been really cruel xD I'll try to update again as soon as possible, the only thing is that the chapters left will be shorter, I don't really have much material left on the draft and I don't want to merge the 3 chapters that are left either, so I will try to update before next Sunday. So I hope you enjoyed this chapter and get ready for winner's comeback, less than a week left!!! Kyaaah~

 

Also, if you haven't read my oneshot The One, please go check it out, is really short and fluffy, Songkim fighting!!