Nam Taehyun

My Other Half

Author's Note: I'm sorry for not updating yesterday, but with weekly idol and Japan's fanevent there were so many updates to catch up. Also, this chapter will be a little bit different from the rest as we will go into more detail on the technical part of the championship and we have an special guest that is taking us to another journey to the past. Hope you enjoy!!

*****************************************************************

(Taehyun’s POV)

(1 year ago)

My life has always been like this, constantly moving around, having to meet new places, new people, having to make new friends all the time. I’m tired of living like this, I can never settle down, I can never call a place home or have someone to call my best friend.

I’m only 15 years old and this is the 8th time I moved to a different school, my father says that this time will be different, he has been promoted and this time we’re staying here for good. But somehow, I cannot trust his words. I’m so sick of this lifestyle, so sick that I’ve decided that I’m not making any new friends anymore, I’m tired of saying good byes. Besides, I’m a loner anyways.

Is been 3 weeks since I started at this school and there is a kid that is been pestering me all the time, I don’t know how to keep him away from me anymore. He has fair skin, big round eyes and a small frame compare to mine, and he doesn’t know how to take no for an answer. He came running to me again as I was walking back home.

- Taehyunah… Wait for me. – he said while gasping for air.

- What do you want now?

- You now, this is also my way home, we can take the bus together. – he said smiling at me. Big liar, I know he doesn’t live this way. We would have run into each other before if it were like that, but he is the one that wants to lose his precious time anyways.

- Okay, do as you wish, I don’t care. – I told him coldly.

- You know we have a soccer team… --- He was saying and I cut him short.

- Stop, we already been through this before and I already told you a hundred times, I don’t want to be on your stupid team!!

- But why? I know that you like soccer, your classmates told me they have seen you play in PE class, they said you’re very good at it, you’re a striker.

- I do like soccer, but I don’t have any interest in joining any team, I don’t care about any kind of group activity.

- Why are you always alone Taehyun? – he asked perplexed.

- And why are you so nosy? Stop meddling in other people’s lives. – I told him and started running away until I lost him.

My life has become so boring and gray, like a black and white movie, I’m just living in autopilot, waiting for things to change, waiting for the day that I can go to college and move out of my parent’s house and start living my own life. The next day I was walking back home musing about life and its lack of meaning when two strange men intercepted me.

- Where are you going so alone pretty boy? – the oldest one asked. He was wearing frayed jeans and a baseball cap and he was taller than me so he must at least be 1.85.

- Can you borrow some money to this hyung? We haven’t eaten all day and we’re craving bulgogi right now. – Said the shortest and younger looking one. He had sharp features and small eyes.

- I have no money. – I told them confidently, they didn’t need to know how scare I was at that moment.

- Oh, is that right? Well I don’t bite that crap. – said the old one.

- If you don’t give us the money willingly, were going to beat the crap out of you, one hit for every won we find. You’re not going to be so pretty anymore kid. – said the oldest one and swayed over me. I started running as fast as I could. They were just behind me when suddenly I heard a loud bang. It was the deer eyed annoying guy, maybe he was following me again and now he had giving one of my chasers a big blow in the face, to the old one that was now on the ground.

- Aich… that hurts a lot. – the boy said massaging his fits.

- You little bastard. – said the younger one, and blow a hit at the boy that landed just below his lips and almost sends him to the floor.

- Let’s go. – I told him, grabbing his hand and we started running together until we came to a convenience store and we hid there for 3 hours until they were nowhere to be seen.

Since that day, he became a very good friend to me. I joined the team and made more friends, but Jinu is always the dearest to me, we won many games, we shared many good memories, that’s the reason why is so hard for me to have to tell him now that I have to go, that I have to say goodbye.

 

************************************

(Mino’s POV)

I could tell that all my team mates were nervous, but I still couldn’t grasp the importance of this game, after all I’ve been so focus on getting to know Jinu and the boys that I haven’t really pay attention to the technical part of the competition. I needed to understand why the stakes were so high so I asked captain Jinwoo to explain it to me.

“This tournament is the “Fair Play Championship”, you can say that is the most important one in school soccer in Korea, the quarters to final, semifinal and final are even broadcast in the Educational Channel, is the most important cup of all. 16 different schools were pre-classified to participate, we are divided in 4 groups of four, and the two best teams on each group are classified to quarters to final. We already won the first game in our group thanks to you last week. The thing is that after Nam Taehyun’s team, we are playing against one of the best student teams in Korea, Joongdong high school, the team against whom we lost the final last year, our team is still not mentally prepare to go against them. So that is why, just as coach said, losing this game is not an option, so we can have a good state of mind in the last game and can classified easily to quarters to final.”

As I have a better understanding of what is at stake, I’m giving all my effort, all my sweat, my 200% in today’s practice. That cup is not only Jinu’s dream, is my friends’ dream and I will do everything in my power to win so we can all kiss that cup.

*********************************

Sunday finally arrived, we were getting ready and still discussing today’s strategy when someone from the other team came to our group, his uniform black and purple was a total contrast against our white with red and green stripes uniform. He came directly to Jinu shaking his hands.

 

- Jinu hyung, long time no see! – he said happily.

- Taehyunah!! – he said and immediately hug him, I can’t deny I was feeling a little bit jealous at that moment.

- Let the best team win. – said Taeyun, sure of himself.

- I will not go easy on you. – said Jinu with a smile.

- I will not go easy on you either, hyung.