Chapter 9

Two Doctors In Love (Slowly In Editing Process)

Kyulkyung's POV

. I said it already. All of a sudden, I couldn't stop myself and said it out loud. Chaeyeon unnie looked at me for a moment then lowered her head. I looked at her worriedly, "Unnie, are you okay? Did I say something that I shouldn't have said?"

She shook her head and lifted her face up. Then I realized she was crying. Crying so much that tears started to sink into her lap. I panicked, "Unnie, are you okay?! I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have said that! I won't say it anymore! Just pretend that this never-"

Before I could say the last word, she pulled me in and smashed her lips onto mine. I stared at her in shock, but slowly got immersed. She stopped and smiled, "I've been waiting to hear that from you."

I looked at her for a moment, but smiled widely, "Does that mean?"

She nodded as tears continued to drop down, "Yes, it's what you're thinking, Kyulkyung."

She pulled me into a gentle hug and whispered into my ear, "I like you too."

I smiled and placed my arms on her back, "Are we offically dating then?"

She stopped hugging and nodded. I sighed and reached for her hand, interwining them with hers. She touched my cheek, "That's right. And I'm not letting you go."

I nodded and laid my chin on her shoulder. We were like this for a minute until she interrupted, "You know, you didn't have to do all of this for me today just because it's my birthday. It's not that-"

"If you're saying it's not important, that's not true," I stopped her with a pout, "Your birthday is important to me. If I'm the only one in the world who only cares about you and your birthday, I'm fine with that."

She looked shocked for a moment, but smiled, "Thank you, Kyulkyung. For everything."

I smiled then stood up, holding out my hand, "Let's go?"

She nodded and took my hand. As we walked together, she kept asking me if she could come to my place. I sighed and replied, "Instead of coming to my place, why not you live there with me?"

She looked surprised, but smiled, "Sure!"

I held her hand more tightly as we walked. A lot of thoughts had come to my mind. And one, I had to ask her, "Unnie?"

She hummed back. "Why did you come here to be a surgeon?"

She stopped, looking a bit hurt. I stopped holding onto her hand, but she held it back. She pointed to my place, "Let's talk inside there. I don't feel like talking outside here."

I nodded, understanding what she had meant and pulled her inside. Once we entered inside my place, we sat down and made ourselves comfortable. She looked a bit worried and sad as she was still holding my hand tightly.

She began, "A couple of years ago, I was already a surgeon, who worked at a hospital in Suncheon. The name was DIA Hospital. There was another surgeon named Ki Heehyun who asked me out a couple of months after I started working over there. I accepted her confession, because I liked her too. We started good and went on a lot of dates, until one day, it changed forever. Apparently, she cheated on me with another surgeon right in front of my eyes. I cried and cried, regretting everything I had done in the past with her. So, the next day, I broke up with her and decided to transfer to another hospital. That's how I came to Seoul and knew you."

She stopped for a moment to look at the stars outside. I looked at her, "Unnie..."

"At first, I planned to not make any friends here in Seoul because of the sudden breakup. And when I met you, who tried to flirt with me, I thought that maybe I could become friends with you, but I didn't listen to what my mind was telling me, so I ignored you. As the days kept passing by, I kept seeing you everyday. One day, I finally realized that I fell in love with you and I really wanted you, but you know who I am. Shy, quiet, composed, can be scary sometimes."

I forced a smile, "That last part was not true."

She pouted, but continued, "So, I planned to keep it in until I could really confess, but I don't have to now, since you confessed to me."

She sighed, "So, that's how I got transferred over here because of a regrettable decision I made a long time ago."

I took my hand away from her and cupped her cheeks, "But you have me right now, right?"

She smiled and nodded, "That is true. And I hope you will never leave me alone, Kyulkyung."

"I won't," I promised her, "because I'll love you forever."

I stopped for a moment and blushed, "And I hope you won't leave me too."

Surprised by my sudden comment, she hugged me, "I promise."

I stopped the hug and pulled her, "Let's look at the stars."

She got up, "Yeah."

We both went to my balcony and looked up to the sky. There were already a billion of stars across the sky, sparkling in front of us. I looked at her with a pout, "Unnie?"

"What?"

I cupped her cheeks, "Have you ever kissed with, you know who?"

She turned and smiled, "No."

I sighed in relief, but regretted that after. She grinned, "Well, maybe one on the cheek."

I flinched and looked at her with an angry pout, "Maybe another on the lips."

I punched her arm gently and she giggled. This time, she took my hands away from her cheeks and took her hands to cup mine, "I'm kidding. The only time we kissed was on the forehead, okay?"

I blushed, "Does that mean, that time at the hotel?"

She nodded and hugged me gently in her arms, "That was my first kiss, was it yours too?"

I nodded and stopped the hug, looking at her eyes, then her lips. She seemed to understand what I wanted, so she pulled me in closer and captured her lips onto my mine. At first, it was a gentle kiss, then it got a bit passionate, until we both stopped for air. With the both of us breathing hard, I placed my forehead on her, intertwining our hands together. She looked at me with a smile, "I love you Kyulkyung."

"And I love you too, Chaeyeon unnie."