Chapter 15

Two Doctors In Love (Slowly In Editing Process)

Chaeyeon's POV

"Kyulkyung," I whispered. I ended up going back to the hospital a couple of minutes after Kyulkyung told me to go home. I saw that her eyes were completely closed, so I sat down beside her and smiled warmly. I touched her forehead and sighed.

Just then, she squinted her eyes and smirked, "Why aren't you going home?"

I looked at her nervously, "Maybe this is a dream." I then used my arms playfully, "This is all a dream, Kyulkyung."

She gave me a frown, "Please, I know the difference between dreams and reality."

I pouted, "I just wanted to see your face one last time."

She sighed, "Fine then. You can stay here," she then gave a smirk, "but I won't do whatever you want."

I panicked, "Fine, I'm sorry! I'll leave!"

She giggled, "Well, that got you."

I frowned, "I'll be leaving then."

She nodded and before I stood up, she called out, "Chaeyeon unnie."

I looked at her, "What did you just call me?"

She smiled, "Chaeyeon unnie."

I smiled back and whispered, "Have a good night, Kyulkyung. And thank you for calling me that again."

She nodded, then seemed to black out and shook her head, "Chaeyeon unnie."

I sat down again and looked at her with worried eyes, "What happened, Kyulkyung?"

She looked at me, "I remembered something again."

I held her hand, "What?"

She pondered for a bit, "Well, I saw you and me in a room, talking about something. You seemed to be putting up with a cold face. Then, suddenly," she blushed before she could say anything, "I went up to you and started to touch your thigh."

I blushed, "That, you don't need to know."

She raised her eyebrow at me, but could only sigh, "Then I stopped and carried you to the bed and you slept. Then you woke up and we got out. We spent the day eating and walking around. In the end, we bought strawberry beverages and strawberry cheesecake, it was very similar to those pictures that I just remembered a while ago."

I looked at her warmly, "Kyulkyung, when you just remembered those images about strawberries, the strawberry latte and cheesecake were part of this memory. You're off to a good start."

She nodded and asked, "Then what was the strawberry shampoo one?"

I stopped myself and sighed, remembering what had happened during that accident. Next to her was a bag. I took the bag and found out that it was my favorite shampoo. A note was attached to it and I felt bad for doing this to her.

I've always wondered why you smelled like strawberries. Now I have the answer to my question. Hope you enjoy a free one from me!

Kyulkyungie ;)

"Chaeyeon unnie, are you okay?" Kyulkyung asked, giving me worried looks.

I shook my head, "I'm fine. Also, about that shampoo part. I want you to know that when the time is right."

"But," she started, making me place my index finger on her lips to shush her, "Now's not a great time to know about it."

She nodded, making me smile warmly at her. I stood up and patted her head, "I'm going to get going, okay?"

She nodded again and closed her eyes. I whispered, "Good night, Kyulkyung."

I left out the hospital and stood at the bus stop. The bus eventually came and waited for me to get in. There weren't a lot of people on the bus, so I stared at the window during the whole ride. When the bus stopped at my destination, I got out and stopped in front of Kyulkyung's apartment. Even after the accident, I still continued to live in Kyulkyung's apartment, not only because it would remind me of our good memories, but also that I would punish myself. For leaving and hurting Kyulkyung, for reminding myself how I broke Kyulkyung's heart in half. I made myself suffer by staying inside that apartment alone, crying and for Kyulkyung to come back. Everywhere around the apartment would be filled with Kyulkyung's scent. I would hug her pillow tightly, soaking it with my own tears. I would always make food inside the apartment, not daring myself to step outside to eat and there would always be leftovers, enough for Kyulkyung herself. I tried to not look sad and upset at the hospital, because if I did, that would just make Nayoung unnie, Sejeong unnie, and Chungha unnie become more worried for me.

I stepped inside the apartment and dragged myself to Kyulkyung's room. I threw myself on the bed and hugged her pillow tightly, smelling the scent of the pillow. It would always remind me of how good Kyulkyung smelled. I ended up closing my eyes as they got tired from staring at the light too much...

THE NEXT DAY...

I closed the door behind me and walked to the bus stop. The bus came and picked me up, taking me to the hospital.

"Oh, Chaeyeon."

I turned to the direction of the voice, only to see Nayoung unnie holding something. I smiled at her, "Nayoung unnie!"

Nayoung unnie sat down beside me and handed me a cup. It actually turned out to be strawberry latte again. I bowed politely at her, "Thank you, Nayoung unnie!"

She smiled warmly, "No worries. I was planning to bring one in for Kyulkyung and the others too."

She sighed, "How are things going with Kyulkyung?"

I shook my head, "Things are going fine. Yesterday, she seemed to remember some things."

"Really?" Nayoung unnie asked before taking a sip of her drink.

I nodded, "Strawberry related stuff."

She nodded slowly, "I see."

I smiled at her, "Where are the other two unnies?"

Nayoung unnie smiled back, "Sejeong lives close to the hospital, so she walks from her house. Chungha has a cousin who takes her to work everyday."

I nodded slowly at her, "Oh."

"What about you, unnie? Aren't you eligible to take the driver's license test?" I asked.

She shrugged in response, "I would've, but before you came, I used to take the bus with Kyulkyung everyday."

I mouthed an "oh" and took a sip of my strawberry latte. Nayoung unnie began, "Chaeyeon, you only have a few more days left until Kyulkyung's discharged."

I sighed, "I know, unnie. I'm trying my best right here."

Nayoung unnie sighed back, "But you don't have to worry about anything yet. Kyulkyung will be discharged before the game will start again, and there's plenty of time to get along with her, right?"

I nodded, "I guess you're right."

Nayoung unnie patted my back, "That's why me, Chungha, and Sejeong plan to help make things a bit faster."

I blinked my eyes at her, "Really?"

Nayoung unnie hummed, "Since Kyulkyung knew the three of us longer than you."

"True," I replied back.

The bus stopped a distance from the hospital, so we got out. We both walked to the hospital and stopped at the front. Nayoung unnie patted my back and smiled, "Good luck in there. I know Kyulkyung is excited to see you."

"How do you know?" I said as I frowned at her.

She raised her eyebrow in confusion, "Uh, because Kyulkyung called me and said so?"

I looked at her disbelief. She shrugged and walked inside before me, "Good luck. You'll need it."

"Yeah, totally," I mumbled under my breath.

Then, I walked inside after her and prayed that the day will go more smoothly than yesterday.