Chapter 7

Two Doctors In Love (Slowly In Editing Process)

Kyulkyung's POV

"Kyulkyung?" Nayoung unnie patted on my shoulder gently. I looked at her, "What is it, Nayoung unnie?"

She handed me a sheet of paper, "This is the list for tomorrow's patients that have reserved an appointment."

I smiled at her, "Thanks, Nayoung unnie."

She nodded, "No problem. Also, I'm going to be busy this week, since I'll be helping Chungha with something."

I frowned, "In the hospital?"

She shook her head, "Outside. Chungha wants some advice from me about something."

I nodded, "Have a fun time with Chungha unnie then."

She nodded back and left. I sighed as I looked at the clock and realized my shift was over. Before I got up from my chair, I noticed a note that was plastered behind my laptop. I took the note, but thought about reading it later. I went to the dressing room to change back into my normal clothes. Because of my excitment, I opened the note that I had found behind my laptop.

Meet me outside?

Chaeyeonie :)

I smiled and stuffed the note in my pocket gently. I walked outside, only to see Chaeyeon unnie lean against the wall, wearing her winter coat as she had wrapped a scarf around her with mittens placed on her hands. I jogged over to her with smile on my face. She turned her head as she felt my presence and stopped leaning on the wall.

She wrapped her arm around mine, whispering in my ear, "I missed you, you know that?"

I chuckled, "What's with the Chaeyeonie, Chaeyeon unnie?"

She took away her arm and blushed. I giggled and took her hand. We walked as we wrapped our arms around each other, trying to prevent the cold from taking us over. She looked at me, "What happened to Nayoung unnie?"

I sighed, "She said she had to help Chungha unnie with something."

Chaeyeon unnie nodded and turned to face forward.

It's been a week since that day we befriended each other. After that, Chaeyeon unnie somehow started acting weird and said that she wouldn't mind about anyone knowing about our friendship. She even became friends with Nayoung unnie and Chungha unnie, after Chungha unnie coincidentally met us when we were hanging out at a cafe. She turned from cold and mean to shy and happy. Although, sometimes she would be quiet.

It was almost time for winter to come, as we were in our last week of November. I found out that Chaeyeon unnie's birthday was coming up, thanks to Sejeong unnie, but did not say anything to Chaeyeon unnie. I planned to make her birthday the best day yet, but I still haven't decided what I should do.

"Kyulkyung?" Chaeyeon unnie asked. I smiled at her, "Yes, unnie?"

She blushed a bit, "Can I sleep at your place tonight? I feel so lonely if I was going to be alone at my house."

I sighed, "Fine. Only this one night."

She nodded and smiled cutely. I chuckled quietly, looking at the snow fall as we walked. We reached my apartment shortly and instead of doing anything else, I dropped on my bed.

"Kyulkyung, what's wrong?" Chaeyeon unnie asked.

"I don't feel like moving around anymore," I said and looked up at the ceiling.

She smirked, lying on top of me as her hair was an inch away from my face, "What happened if I convinced you?"

I got up, warning her to step away. She pouted and I sighed, "Fine. Why am I friends with you? I don't know."

"Oh really?" she asked with a bit of sarcasm in her voice, "Who was the one that got all dirty at me and forced me to become their friend?"

I blushed, "Well, I had to do something to get your attention."

She laughed it off, "Just kidding! Let's do something productive, Kyulkyung. I'm bored."

I tried to think of something, but instead pulled her down with me on the bed, "Let's just sleep. Besides, this is the perfect season to be sleeping now."

She giggled and squished my cheeks. My hearts always pounds fast whenever she does this. 

Even though I have feelings for her, I can't confess it to her. Not yet, it's not the right time yet. For now, I just want to remain as friends, if something bad was going to happen.

After a couple of seconds staring at each other, we fell asleep, hugging each other for warmth...

ONE WEEK LATER...

By the time I knew it, it was her birthday and I was asking Nayoung unnie for ideas to celebrate Chaeyeon unnie's birthday. Nayoung unnie knew about my feelings for her, but was smart enough to not make fun of me, even though you could see that her face was about to explode.

I sighed at her, "How am I supposed to make her birthday the best day of her life?"

"Confess your love to her," Nayoung unnie replied with a stone face.

I blushed and whispered, "Nayoung unnie!"

She gave a smirk, "If you like her so much, confess to her. Besides, there's a chance that she might like you."

I looked at her, then turned around, realizing that it was Chaeyeon unnie. She had maintained an expressionless face, similar to Nayoung unnie, but in her eyes, it felt like they were saying, "I don't like to act like this in front of you, but it's for the sake of the surgery building."

I turned to face Nayoung unnie and continued to talk to her quietly. We decided that since the day was still early, Chaeyeon unnie and I should get out early. I would take her to the movie theaters, then to the amusement park, and finally, go to her favorite cafe, ordering strawberry food and drinks.

I took out my phone and texted to her.

Me: Unnie, you there?

Chaeyeonie: Yeah, I'm here. What do you need?

Me: If I'm bothering you, I'm sorry but would you be willing to get out early and hang out with me?

Chaeyeonie: What's the rush?

Me: Oh, I don't know. I just suddenly felt sad. Hang out with me, will you?

Chaeyeonie: Fine.

Me: Yay! Meet you there in ten minutes!

Chaeyeonie: Okay, I got it. See you.

TEN MINUTES LATER...

"Chaeyeon unnie!" I called her name.

She smiled and wrapped her arm around me, "Why are you acting like this?

I stuck out my tongue, "Hang out with me, will you?"

She sighed, "Fine."

We began to head the movie theaters as she kept asking where we were going. I winked at her and smiled. 

"You'll see."