Chapter 10

Two Doctors In Love (Slowly In Editing Process)

Chaeyeon's POV

Two weeks passed after Kyulkyung's sudden confession and our relationship started. I sighed, still remembering the day Kyulkyung took me out to those places. I still get the shivers just by thinking about it.

"Chaeyeon?" Sejeong unnie asked.

"Yes, unnie?" I asked her back.

She looked at me worriedly, "Is there something wrong? You look like you're having second thoughts about something."

I shook my head, "It's nothing unnie. I was just thinking about stuff."

"As in Kyulkyung?" Sejeong unnie asked.

"Yeah. I was thinking of doing something for her, since you know, she did something for me on my birthday."

Ever since that day, everyone knew about our relationship, but was wise enough to not make a fuss during their shifts. Although, Sejeong unnie, Chungha unnie, and Nayoung unnie would tease us sometimes.

She pondered for a moment, "Well, I can't help you with that, because I'm going to be busy this week."

"With what?" I asked her.

"With stuff," she shrugged.

I sighed, tapping my pen on the table. I looked at her for an answer. She smirked, "Well, I know something that could brighten up your day."

"What?" I asked and stopped tapping on the desk.

She smiled, "Her birthday's coming up."

I blinked my eyes and held onto her shoulders. I shook her hard and looked at her with a serious expression, "When? When? I need to know!"

She looked like she was about to faint, "Calm down, Chaeyeon! You're shaking me too hard!"

I stopped shaking her and took my hands away, "Sorry."

She massaged her shoulders while giving me her signature eye smile, "It's alright. I know how you feel, desperate to know everything about the person you love."

I raised an eyebrow, "As in Chungha unnie?"

She stopped smiling and sighed, "December 16, remember the date, kiddo."

I counted the days, knowing that today was the fourteenth. There was only two days left before her birthday. I sat down, "There's only two more days left until her birthday."

Sejeong unnie patted my back, "I'm sorry that I'm not there to help you. Stuff just came out of nowhere. What about asking your cousins for help?"

I sighed, "You know them unnie, they're too hyper. They're way different from Kyulkyung."

Sejeong unnie raised an eyebrow and smirked, "Oh really? And who told you that Kyulkyung wasn't hyper at all?"

I looked at her, "She's not?"

Sejeong unnie shook her head in disappointment, "You guys started dating a week ago, but you don't know what Kyulkyung is really like at all?"

I forced a smile, "She's hyper?"

She nodded and winked at me as she headed for the door, "Well, you can say that. I'm going to be busy so ask your cousins to help you. If there's no one, you have to ask someone that you trust... or trusted once."

She then left, making everything silent. I sighed and got out my phone. I dialed a number and sighed. "Hello?" someone from the other line asked.

"Somi, I need your help," I said quickly.

Jeon Somi, she's a cousin of mine. She'll start high school soon, and she may sound young and all, but tell me, if you saw her, you'll be surprised. Having a beagle personality, she can bug you... sometimes.

"So, how may I help you?" she replied.

"I... want to repay back my girlfriend by celebrating her birthday."

"The girl who's name is Kyujung?" Somi asked.

I sighed, "Kyulkyung. Zhou Kyulkyung, Somi."

There was a moment of silence. Then she replied, "Sorry, unnie. I'm busy with graduation plans."

I frowned, "Now?"

She hummed after my response and in the background, there was some yelling going on, "Unnie, gotta go. Mom's yelling at me to help her with something. You know how my mom is, right?"

I sighed, "Yes Somi. I won't disturb you anymore. Nice talking with you though," I said, adding sarcasm at the end.

She ended the call right away. "So much for being helpful," I mumbled to myself.

I decided to dial another cousin. And so, I did, only to hear two people yelling at me at the same time, "Hi Chaeyeon unnie!"

I shouted at them, "Choi Yoojung and Kim Doyeon! You don't need to yell at me!"

"Sorry unnie," Yoojung replied with Doyeon.

Choi Yoojung is another cousin. She's so small, you think that she's a child. Kim Doyeon is her girlfriend, who's way taller than her, but both are hyper, just like Somi.

"Can you help me? I'm trying to decide what to do for my girlfriend's birthday," I began, trying to change the topic.

"Unnie," Doyeon started, "did you forget? It's our second anniversary, so we're busy."

Yoojung continued, "Unnie, you just interrupted our anniversary, but I forgive you, since you're my favorite unnie."

"Hey!" Doyeon scolded her.

Yoojung replied in a cute voice, "But you're my favorite person in the whole world, Doyeonie."

They began teasing each other, but stopped and said, "Sorry unnie, but we can't help you right now. Bye though!"

"But-" I began but they cut me off.

I sighed and decided to call another hyper person. This time, it's not my cousin, it's one of my best friends, Yoo Yeunjung. She is way more hyper than the three of the pack (Somi, Yoojung, and Doyeon) combined. Although she does have a nice singing voice. As soon as I called her, I regretted it, "Hi unnie!!!!!"

I sighed, "Let me get to the point, Yeunjung. I need help deciding what to do for my girlfriend's birthday."

"Hmm, yeah! I'll be right there! Sorry unnie! I'm busy with work! Toodles!"

She ended the call with me sighing in the end. I couldn't think of anyone that I was close to. I listed every person I knew in my head, until one finally came, but I didn't want to meet that person again. But, I have no choice but to do that for my Kyulkyungie's sake.

It's time to see Heehyun unnie again.