Chapter 16

Two Doctors In Love (Slowly In Editing Process)

Kyulkyung's POV

A FEW DAYS LATER...

I finally got discharged and packed up the room for the next patient. As I walked out of the room with my bag, Chaeyeon unnie stood in front of me and smiled.

At first, I thought she was a weirdo, looking at me with her sad and hurt eyes, asking me if I had really forgotten my memories of her, touching parts of my body that made me feel uncomfortable, and insisting that I was still her girlfriend. I found that even though she was completely weird, she was pretty, like a graceful ballerina spinning around gently. She would always make you feel happy and calm at any situation, with her warm smile and gentle words. I found out that she liked strawberries and meat, making me end up blacking out again only to remember another memory. It was at a restaraunt, and the only thing I could make out was her and Sejeong unnie soaking themselves in beer. It was just a week ago, when I first saw her and started to know her, but now that I was discharged, it felt like she was my best friend.

I smiled back at her, "What are you doing here, Chaeyeon unnie?"

She pouted, "Can't I pay you a visit and say goodbye?"

I rolled my eyes playfully at her, "It's not like I'll be gone forever. I'm still going to be here."

She giggled, "I'm kidding. I just wanted to help you at home."

I raised my eyebrow at her, "Home? Do I live with you?"

She pondered for a bit, "It's complicated. But yes, I do live with you."

"You mean, did?" I corrected her.

She shook her head, "I still do live with you."

I raised my eyebrow at her in disbelief, but she only sighed, "Follow me. I'll take you home."

I coughed a bit, "You have a car?"

She smiled as if nothing was wrong, "Nope. We're walking."

I stared at her in disbelief, "Out in the hot sun?!"

She shrugged, "You need a tan, Kyulkyung. You look pale."

"Because I apparently lost my memories," I mumbled, but that only made her frown.

I ended up surrendering and walked with her outside. We reached to a stop and waited for the cars to pass by. Before the walk sign appeared, I stepped my foot outside and began to walk, only to feel a hand pull my wrist.

Chaeyeon unnie pulled me into her embrace, making me blush, "What's wrong, unnie?"

She shushed me and I felt a breeze behind my back. I turned to my right and saw a car pass by.

I blinked at her, "Did I?"

She nodded and patted my head, turning me around, "Yep, now you can walk."

I nodded, but crouched down and held my forehead protectively, my mind blacking out, memories flashing through my mind. I stopped and made an expressionless face.

"Kyulkyung? What's wrong?" Chaeyeon unnie asked me.

I looked at her, "I remember everything now, Chaeyeon unnie."

She looked at me with worried eyes, "Really? Are you sure?"

I nodded my head and gestured her, "Let's go home."

"But Kyulkyung," Chaeyeon unnie began, only to find me shaking my head.

"Let's talk at home," I said.

She nodded and guided me to the apartment. Once we reached inside, I looked around the room. Her scent had covered everywhere, it must be because she was and crying here when I was gone. I went over to the wall where a picture frame laid still on the wall, perfectly straight. I gently touched the picture and remained silent.

"Kyulkyung?" Chaeyeon unnie asked worriedly.

"After all this time, you still even tried to make me fall in love with you again?"

"What are you saying, Kyulkyung?" she asked.

I continued to touch the picture, "You knew that I lost my memories of you after that accident, yet you tried to make me fall in love with you again?"

She gently whispered, "Kyulkyung, I never did such-"

"You did!" I yelled at her, taking my hand off the picture and gave her a glare.

"Kyulkyung, what are you saying?" she asked trying hard not to yell at me.

I walked forward, making her take steps away everytime I forced her, "The reason why I got into that accident was because of you! You made me become like this that day! You did all of this to me!"

"Kyulkyung," she said as she gently placed her back on the wall. I stood in front of her, not daring to block her way.

"Didn't you know it was my birthday?" I managed to whisper after looking at her tears falling down endlessly.

It was silent for a moment, but she managed a whisper, "I did."

"Then why?" I asked, my voice calming down.

She couldn't say anything, her tears had stopped her.

I looked at her with disgust, "Even if you try to convince me, I won't even try to fall in love with you anymore."

I stopped for a moment to calm myself, "Because you made me become like this."

She looked at me sadly, "Kyulkyung, I wasn't doing it on purpose. I-"

"Save your words, because I don't want to hear them," I stopped her and went inside my room. I rummaged through my closet, desk, everywhere, searching for her belongings. I took her bag and stuffed everything inside it.

I took the bag and myself outside to her, throwing the bag at her feet, "Take everything with you. I don't want to see your face anymore. It disgusts me."

She finally stopped her tears and looked at me, "Fine, I'll leave."

She stopped to wipe her tears, "But promise me that if you ever do love me again, please come back to me."

I scoffed, "Like that will happen."

She tried to touch my cheek, but I moved my head away from her. She held in her tears, "At least, remember this. I will always wait for you, no matter how long it takes. I'm not mad at you, you're right. This is all my fault, not yours."

She picked up the bag and left with wobbly legs, slamming the door gently. I looked at my feet and slid down with my back against the door. I sighed and stayed there for a while, until I got up and went to the picture. I touched the picture one more time and removed it from the wall. I looked at it for a moment with sad eyes, then disgust. I then threw it on the ground and went inside my room to cry. The frame and glass was broken to bits, only the picture survived, but was covered in my tears.

Chaeyeon unnie... even though you smiled happily with me in the photo, why ruin it now?