Chapter 8

Two Doctors In Love (Slowly In Editing Process)

Chaeyeon's POV

We ended up going to the movie theaters. I looked at Kyulkyung, "What are we watching?"

She winked again, "You'll see."

"Come on, tell me!" I whined.

She sighed, "Fine, we're watching a horror movie," I blinked my eyes. I held onto her hand more tightly as usual. She looked at my hand, "Are you scared?"

I shook my head with a pout. She smiled, then dragged me inside the building. To tell you the truth, I hate horror movies. They creep me out, even if there was blood on the screen. Somehow it's weird. I can pretty much handle blood when it comes to surgery and injuries and stuff, but I can't handle it when it comes to watching movies that contain blood in it. I took a deep breath. We ordered two cokes and one popcorn bag. As we sat down, I felt a chill down my spine. I shuddered for a moment, looking at the screen with fright.

"Unnie, are you sure you're fine? If you don't want to, we can just get out," Kyulkyung said with a worried look on her face.

I forced a smile and shook my head, "I'm okay, Kyulkyung. Just enjoy the movie, okay?"

"But, unnie-" Kyulkyung started but I shushed her. The movie began, so I held onto her hand tightly. She looked at my hand, but then gave up and looked at the screen with no expression. During the whole movie, I let out screams. Screams of being scared and embarrassed. Kyulkyung patted my hand to calm me down, but that couldn't even do anything. So, during the movie, I let out loud screams and yells as people complained, leaving one by one at a time. By the time the movie was already finished, we were the only ones left in the room.

I sighed, happy that the movie was already over, but was still traumatized by the ghosts and all that stuff. Kyulkyung had a sad look on her face and got up, placing her head down, "I'm sorry unnie. I should've not chosen this movie after all."

She was about to cry until I held her hands and forced a warm smile, "I'm okay, Kyulkyung. Fine, to tell you the truth, I was a bit scared. You know what, I was hella scared, but with you here, nothing's gonna make me get afraid, okay?"

She shook her head and pulled my hand to get outside. Once we were outside, she led me to a direction. I followed behind her helplessly, "Where are we going now, Kyulkyung?"

Kyulkyung looked at me with a serious, but cute face, "I'm going to cheer you up."

She then continued to pull me as we walked faster, reaching there in no time. It turned out to be an amusement park, with people walking around with food as there were other people yelling and screaming all the way up in the sky with their hands up in the air as they were on the roller coaster. I gulped down my saliva and took a step back, looking up at the sky for a moment. Then, I looked at the ground. Kyulkyung took my hand, "Are you scared of roller coasters?"

I shook my head furiously and tugged on her hand, "So, which coaster are we going?"

She pointed to the tallest coaster out of all the others, "That one!"

She led us there with a look of excitement on her face. I forced a smile and before I knew it, it was time for us to board the roller coaster. I got on there slowly, holding onto my stomach. Kyulkyung was behind me, so I was next to a random guy who kept flirting his way through me before we took off. I gave him a scoff, but that made him flirt even more, until the announcer spoke to get ready for take off. I held onto my seatbelt and flinched when my seat started moving. Then I realized that we were heading up slowly.

Well, that just made my day worse. The guy flashed a smile at me before we went down. Then he screamed. He screamed like a girl. I held onto my seat, closing my eyes as we went up and down and side to side. After the ride was over, I got out of my seat carefully, holding onto my stomach.

Kyulkyung ran to me and patted my back, "Chaeyeon unnie, are you okay? You look kind of green."

I flinched at the thought of that, holding onto my stomach more than usual. I lowered my head and spoke quietly, "Where's the bathroom?"

She pointed to the direction of it, "Over there. Why?"

I ran as fast as I could, surprising people as they dodged me. Kyulkyung ran after me, asking why I was acting like this. Then she found her answer, after hearing me puke in one of the bathroom stalls.

"Unnie, are you okay?" Kyulkyung asked, knocking on my door gently.

I stopped and calmed myself down, "I'm okay."

I got out and sighed out of relief. That really helped, but I was still traumatized. Kyulkyung took my hand, "Let's get something to eat right now."

I forced a smile and said quietly, "I think I'll pass this time."

Unfortunately, she didn't hear and took my hand. We arrived at the usual cafe in half an hour, but Kyulkyung told me to head to the nearby park. And so, I gave in and walked over there by myself. I sat down on the bench and held my hands together. Kyulkyung was jogging with our drinks and a box.

She placed the box down and I realized it was once again, strawberry cheesecake. She passed me my drink and forced a smile, "Here."

I looked at it and forced a smile back, but I shook my head, "Kyulkyung, I don't feel like drinking right now."

She stopped smiling and sat down next to me, "Oh."

We were silent for a while until she spoke in a quiet voice, "Did I ruin your day?"

I looked at her, "No."

She looked at me in the eye, "I know you're lying, unnie. Trust me. I won't get hurt."

I sighed and gave in, "Fine. I was kind of having a bad day. Kind of!"

I held her hand to assure her that I wasn't mad, "Why are you acting like this, Kyulkyung?"

She had tears in her eyes, "Did you forget? Today's your birthday."

I face palmed myself in my mind. I'm so stupid. That's why Kyulkyung asked me to come out early. Because of the busy work, I even forgot my own birthday.

Before I could even say sorry, she interrupted me, "Also, I like you unnie. Not as a friend, but as a woman."