Chapter 11

Two Doctors In Love (Slowly In Editing Process)

Kyulkyung's POV

Ever since we started dating, Chaeyeon unnie's been acting weird. She's been avoiding me and whenever I stopped her and asked her if she wanted to hang out with me, she would say that she was meeting with a long time friend of hers.

I was too lonely and in fact, nothing was going well since it was my birthday today. I sighed, calling all the unnies. But no one answered, just their voices saying to leave a message after the beep. I laid my head on the desk and frowned. Why is everyone avoiding me? Did I do something wrong? Should I have not confessed my love for Chaeyeon unnie? I don't know what's going on, but I am kind of bored.

Just then, an idea popped in my head. Sohye and Mina were still working and they weren't paticipating in the game. So, I decided to pay them a visit. Then I forgot that they left early to go to one of Mina's friend's birthday party. I went back to my office and sadly sat down on my chair. I sighed and looked at my wallpaper. It was me and Chaeyeon unnie, both of us smiling widely as we tried to pose cutely. 

Now that I thought about it, I wonder if she ever loved me. I mean, when I confessed to her, she accepted it with tears coming out of her eyes, but after that, things just started to drift apart like before, when she was cold and mean. I decided to go around and check out stores after my shift was over. Then, when I felt satisfied, I would call Chaeyeon unnie and ask her all of these questions that were lingering in my head...

A FEW HOURS LATER...

I walked out of the hospital and breathed in deeply. I sighed and walked out to a couple of stores. While walking around, I saw a store that sold strawberry scented shampoo. I looked at it curiously. It looked familiar, so I went inside the shop. There were many people who were walking around, smelling the samples and asking the staff questions about the products. I walked to the shelf of the strawberry scented shampoo and took one, looking at it carefully.

One of the workers saw me looking at it closely, so they walked over with a big smile and asked, "Would you like a free sample? This is one of our best sellers."

I smiled at them kindly, "Yes, please."

She offered me a bottle that was already sampled by other people. I flipped the cap up and squeezed the bottle. Then, a substance came out of the bottle, entering right on my finger. I smelled it and realized why it was familiar. This was the shampoo Chaeyeon unnie would always use. I wondered how she got that strawberry smell for a long time, no wonder she's so obsessed with strawberries.

I looked at the worker, "Can I get one of these?"

She smiled while taking one out of the shelf, "Sure thing! Please walk right up to the cashier!"

She handed me the shampoo and pointed to the direction of where the cashier was standing. I bowed politely and walked over to the cashier. I placed the shampoo bottle on the surface, waiting for the cashier to scan and do the transaction, "That'll be twenty dollars."

I raised an eyebrow, "Twenty dollars? Don't you think that's a little too much?"

The cashier shrugged, "Well, it's not my choice to decide the price. All I can say is that this product has gotten popular over a couple of weeks."

I blinked at him, "Can you tell me why?"

He pondered for a moment, "Well, there has been a customer lately that comes almost everyday to buy our strawberry scented shampoo. Somehow, that attracted many males to our store. I heard from one customer that complimented on her because she smelled good and looked pretty."

I smiled inside my mind. That's definitely Chaeyeon unnie. The queen of all queens. The cashier placed the shampoo in a bag and handed to me with a big smile, "Thank you for coming! We hope to see you again!"

I smiled, "Thank you."

I took a sticky note and a pen out of my pack and began writing something. After I finished, I stuck the note on the shampoo and placed it back in the bag.

I've always wondered why you smelled like strawberries. Now I have the answer to my question. Hope you enjoy a free one from me!

Kyulkyungie ;)

I left the store with a better vibe and continued to walk around. On the way, I bought a strawberry latte and drank it slowly. I finally had the courage to face Chaeyeon unnie, so I grabbed my phone and texted to her.

Me: Chaeyeon unnie?

I waited for a moment, but it seemed like she wouldn't pick up. Before I would give up in defeat, a notification came up.

Chaeyeonie: Yes, Kyulkyung? Do you need anything? I'm kind of busy right now.

I frowned at her response.

Me: Sorry if I ever bothered you, but I just felt lonely.

A minute later, she responded, but it didn't solve my problem.

Chaeyeonie: As much as I want to be with you, Kyulkyung, I am kind of busy.

Did you forget that it was my birthday? I wanted to say that straight in her face, but I decided to hold in my anger.

Me: I see, I shall not bother you anymore. It's just that, lately you've been spending less time being with me.

Chaeyeonie: I'm sorry, Kyulkyung. I didn't mean to be like that to you. It's just that, I'm just busy with something, but I promise you that after I'm done with my work, I'll spend way more time with you, so don't get upset, okay?

Me: O-Okay. What are you doing anyway that's so important?

After I sent out that text, I looked up in front of me. Then, I stopped walking, putting up with a shocked look on my face. There she was, in front of me, talking and smiling to another woman who I recognized immediately. It was her ex-girlfriend, Ki Heehyun. Why do I know her face? One time, when Chaeyeon unnie was taking a shower, I looked into her phone a bit. In her photos, there were still some pictures left of her and her ex-girlfriend. I couldn't believe my eyes that day. What Chaeyeon unnie told me wasn't true at all, in fact, she had her first kiss with her ex-girlfriend, because one of the pictures I saw, they were kissing with their lips smashed on each other. I tried to hold in my tears, and I did, but when we were sleeping, I silently cried, as tears began to wet my pillow.

So the truth was, she wasn't meeting up with a long time friend of hers. She was actually meeting up with her ex-girlfriend. Then, my mind went blank. I furiously texted a bunch of angry texts at her.

Me: So you were actually meeting up with your ex-girlfriend? Are you cheating on me? Why are you doing this to me? Why did you lie to me? You told me on the day that we started dating that all you ever did to her was a peck on the forehead, but from what I saw, you had your first kiss with her? Why are you doing this to me? Did I ever do anything to you that made you have to do this to me? Was it wrong to confess my love to you that day? Was it wrong for me to ever love you? I thought you were an angel after we knew each other, but now, I think you're just a devil. I thought I actually loved you, not only because of your beauty, but your personality too. Now, I feel disgusted by you that I don't want to look at you anymore! Now I feel like I don't love you anymore!

Then, tears started to come out of my eyes. A text came after that quickly.

Chaeyeonie: K-Kyulkyung?! Where are you?!

My eyes were filled with anger.

Me: I'm right in front of you, unnie.

Then, from the short distance, her head moved, but I could see her shocked expression on her face. Her ex-girlfriend turned around too and was shocked to see me, then apparently said something to Chaeyeon unnie. Chaeyeon unnie didn't listen to her and got up from her seat. I showed her my tears that were dropping down fast. She looked at me with sad eyes and ran over to me. But I turned my face away from her and ran. I ran as fast as I could as tears dropped repeatedly. She yelled my name, and I could hear her choking as tears fell down from her eyes. But I didn't stop. I didn't want to see her face again. So, I continued to run, until I stopped in the middle of the road, hearing a beep from a truck. I looked at the truck that was coming closer to me. Before the truck had hit me, I quickly typed a text to her. Instead of the words I would usually write to her, it was the opposite this time. I could tell that she was yelling my name, telling me to get away, but I stayed. I stayed so that I wouldn't had to look at her face again.

Then, I felt the truck touch my skin, and before I knew it, I was laying on the ground, knocked out cold from everything.

Me: I hate you.