Chapter 4

Two Doctors In Love (Slowly In Editing Process)

Chaeyeon's POV

I shouldn't have stayed at the hospital so late. Now, I won't be able to wake up early for tomorrow. I blinked my eyes as I reached for the light.

Turning it on, I threw myself on the bed. I looked at the ceiling and sighed. Then, I closed my eyes as I surprisingly thought of only one thing, Zhou Kyulkyung.

THE NEXT DAY...

I walked slowly with my head down. Trying to open my eyes, I stood at the bus stop, waiting for the bus to come pick me up. I really should've went home early yesterday.

When the bus came, I slowly went inside as the doors behind me closed. Searching for a seat, there weren't that many people sitting, so I took a seat that was empty and lowered my head.

The bus was shaking hard, but I could still sleep with nothing to disturb me physically. I tried to enjoy my dreams, but a face kept appearing, and it was that girl's face, Zhou Kyulkyung.

I frowned as the bus stopped, picking up people. I continued to sleep, not caring about anything, until a voice called out, "Excuse me? Is this seat taken?"

I tried to look up and squinted, but only found the face blurry, although the voice sounded familiar, "Yeah, the seat's not taken by anyone."

I then dropped my head down, continuing to sleep. I felt something close to me, so I guessed it was the person who asked me a question took the seat next to me. My head was yearning for something to lay on, so I casually laid my head on top of the person's shoulder. I hoped that the person wouldn't mind, even better, not notice. Fortunately, nobody called my name, so I slept comfortably. Before I could stop myself, I smiled and let out a word, "Comfy..."

The bus eventually stopped, but I couldn't wake myself, so I gave up and continued to sleep. Someone patted my shoulder and spoke, "Ms. Chaeyeon, you need to wake up. The bus has stopped."

I lifted my head and opened my eyes. Then, I looked at the person with a shocked look. It was them, Zhou Kyulkyung and Im Nayoung. "Either you sit down or you get out!" I could hear the bus driver yelling with an irritated tone after a few minutes of waiting patiently.

We got off the bus, looking at it getting farther away from us. Ignoring them, I rubbed my eyes furiously, until I was satisfied. After I took my hands away from my eyes, a couple of seconds later, she reached into her pack and grabbed something.

She held out an eye drop and said, "Here."

I looked at it for a moment, but bowed politely at her. She smiled back in return.

Her friend, Im Nayoung asked, "Ms. Chaeyeon, what happened to you?"

I spoke quietly, "I stayed at the hospital."

Then, she nodded, seeming to understand what I had meant. Assuming that we had talked enough, I headed to the hospital. Instead, they both ran to catch up to me. I gave a complaint, thinking that it'll make them go away, "Please do not walk close to me. It'll ruin my reputation with the surgeon sunbaenims. Also, the game starts today."

She looked at me with a surprised look on her face, but replied, "We haven't even entered the hospital yet." We eventually reached the hospital and stopped in front of it. I turned to them and spoke, "Still, someone might see. Also, I don't plan to have friends."

"Chaeyeon!" I recognized that voice immediately. It was Sejeong unnie who ran to us while waving. Sejeong unnie gave me a smile and looked at them with a surprised look on her face, "Kyulkyung? Nayoung unnie?"

She forced a smile at Sejeong unnie, "Nice to meet you again, Sejeong unnie."

I looked at Sejeong unnie, "Sejeong unnie, you know them?"

 

Sejeong unnie nodded, "Of course I do! We three went to the same university."

I nodded slowly, "I see."

Sejeong unnie looked at them, "Good luck to you when we get inside. Don't get offended, okay? I hate this game, but I love it, too."

She smirked, "How are things going with Chungha unnie?"

Sejeong unnie did a shrug, "She keeps ignoring me, but blushes a lot."

Ms. Nayoung replied, "Well, that's a sign that she likes you. She just doesn't want to admit it."

Sejeong unnie sighed, "Maybe you're right. Well, if we win, then surely she can't do anything about that. It looks like she's trying hard to win."

She smiled, "Maybe she might be doing that for you."

Sejeong unnie to a step forward closer to the entrance of the hospital, "Maybe. Well, then. See you after our shift. Come on, Chaeyeon."

I took a step forward behind Sejeong unnie, but my body turned towards them and in a quiet voice, I said, "Thank you for waking me up inside the bus and giving me an eye drop. If I didn't come to my senses at that time, the bus driver would've already drove me to somewhere else."

I stopped, asking myself if I would regret saying the next sentence, "Also, you don't have to call me Ms. Chaeyeon. You can call me Chaeyeon."

Surprisingly, Sejeong unnie went back to her and whispered to her about something. Then, she went to me, gesturing that we enter inside the hospital. As we got more closer to the surgery building, I asked her, "Unnie, how old are the both of them?"

Sejeong unnie looked at me with a puzzled face, but replied, "Nayoung unnie was born in 1995. Kyulkyung was born in 1998."

I quietly replied, "Oh."

Sejeong unnie added, "Why?"

I shrugged, "Don't know. Felt curious. That's all."

Entering inside the dressing room, I smiled out of nowhere. I would call Im Nayoung, Nayoung unnie. But Zhou Kyulkyung, I never knew she was a year younger than me. I expected her to be like what, five years younger than me. At least I'm not her dongsaeng, that's a good thing.

I shook my head, trying to get the thoughts out of my mind. I used the eye drop, which helped a bit. Looking at the empty eye drop, I had one more thought left in my mind before I made it go away.

At least she smelled good.