Chapter 13

Two Doctors In Love (Slowly In Editing Process)

Chaeyeon's POV

ONE WEEK LATER...

"Attention, doctors from all present buildings. The IOI Love Game has ended today. The winner of the 20th annual IOI Love Game is the surgery building once again, marking it as their seventh win. For one month, doctors from the surgery building will get to choose their one prey. This will go on for a month. Everyone will be able to talk freely again until the next game, exactly one month from here. Thank you for your attention and good luck to you when the next game has come."

I sighed and slumped as I walked. I already had my target, which was Kyulkyung, who was still unconscious in that small, white room. Sejeong unnie had gone to report to the front office that she had chosen her target already, while Chungha unnie was preparing for the worst, with the help of Nayoung unnie.

I walked inside Kyulkyung's room and sat down by one of her sides. I held her hand and sighed, "Oh, why Kyulkyung? Why? Why did you have to leave me?"

ONE YEAR LATER...

"Chaeyeon!" Sejeong unnie called. I smiled and waved at her, "Do you need anything, unnie?"

She looked surprised, too surprised. She pointed to the direction of Kyulkyung's room, "She! She!"

I forced a smile and took a sip of my coffee, "Calm down, Sejeong unnie. One thing at a time."

"Kyulkyung!" she began.

I raised my eyebrow, "What about Kyulkyung?"

Sejeong unnie was able to breathe again, "Kyulkyung! She woke up!"

I dropped my coffee and held onto a chair for support. Sejeong unnie bent down to clean the mess, "Kyulkyung's finally awake?" I looked at her with tears.

She nodded as she cleaned up the mess. I headed for the door, "Sorry unnie, can you clean it up for me?"

She nodded and continued to clean the mess. I ran to Kyulkyung's room and stopped. Some doctors were already surrounding her, including Chungha unnie and Nayoung unnie, with machines at their sides.

I ran to their side, "Kyulkyung?"

Chungha unnie patted my back, "She finally woke up. They're just checking to see if her conditions are alright."

I nodded and looked at Kyulkyung. She was squinting her eyes, breathing slowly through the mask that covered . The doctors who were checking up on her stopped and nodded at Nayoung unnie, taking away the mask from Kyulkyung. They then took the machines with them and left the room.

I took a chair and sat down, holding Kyulkyung's hand. She finally opened her eyes and opened . She got up and blinked her eyes, as if she was a robot. She looked at the three of us, then my hand that was holding her hand. She jerked her hand away from me and touched it gently, as if I was her, "Nayoung unnie, Chungha unnie? Why is there a stranger holding onto my hand?"

I blinked my eyes and reached for her cheek. She moved her face away from me, giving me a glare. I held back my tears, "Don't you remember me, Kyulkyung? I was your girlfriend."

She shook her head, "I don't remember having a girlfriend. Nayoung unnie, Chungha unnie, what is she talking about?"

Nayoung unnie looked at her worriedly, "Kyulkyung, are you sure you don't remember Chaeyeon?"

She tilted her head to the side, "Who's Chaeyeon?"

I looked at Chungha unnie, "She doesn't remember me at all."

Chungha unnie sighed, "I guess what Sejeong said was kind of true. She'll lose her memories. It's weird though. She remembers both me and Nayoung unnie, but not you. Could she have forgotten everything after she met you?"

Nayoung unnie asked, "Kyulkyung, do you know the time where Sejeong unnie bought alcohol inside our dorm?"

Kyulkyung nodded and smiled, "That day was hectic. We ended up sleeping the next day and got in trouble. It was worth the shot though."

I continued to hold back my tears, "So she doesn't remember anything after she met me."

Kyulkyung looked at Nayoung unnie and Chungha unnie, "Unnies, can I go home today? I want to catch up on a drama."

Chungha unnie looked at Nayoung unnie. Nayoung unnie nodded at her and shook her head at Kyulkyung, "Not today, Kyulkyung. You're not discharged yet."

Nayoung unnie pointed to me and smiled, "She'll be assisting you until you're discharged."

I talked through gritted teeth, "Unnie, I'm busy with surgeries nowadays."

Nayoung unnie replied back quietly, "Don't you want your loved one to remember you again? Or you want Kyulkyung to forget you forever."

I shook my head and stayed silent. Kyulkyung seemed to disagree but remained silent and just nodded, while examining me with curious eyes. I forced a smile at her, still continuing to hold back my tears. Sejeong unnie came inside, causing Kyulkyung to stop staring at me.

"Sejeong unnie!" she exclaimed, gesturing Sejeong unnie to take a seat next to her. I got up from my seat and gestured her to sit down, but she declined and only stood at Kyulkyung's other side.

I sat down again and sighed. I knew that I couldn't hold in my tears anymore, so I got up from my seat, "Excuse me for a moment."

I walked outside, out to an empty hallway and began crying. As I cried, I heard loud shuffles coming closer to the hallway. By the time I knew what those loud shuffles were, the three unnies had surrounded me with worried looks on their faces.

"Chaeyeon," Sejeong unnie started.

I shook my head, letting my tears come out, "Don't remind me, Sejeong unnie."

"But you have to do something," Chungha unnie began.

"So, try to get her to know you well when you're taking care of her," Nayoung unnie continued.

I rubbed my eyes and looked at them with sad eyes, "But I'm scared. What happens if Kyulkyung won't be able to remember me again?"

Sejeong unnie replied, "We'll think about that later. Now, just focus on getting Kyulkyung to become comfortable with you."

I stopped crying and nodded. I am scared. Scared of losing Kyulkyung again. But I want her to remember me again. Because I love her so much that I feel my heart cracking bit by bit.

Was this how you felt when you saw me with Heehyun unnie? If it was, now I know how heartbroken you felt at that time.