Chapter 14

Two Doctors In Love (Slowly In Editing Process)

Kyulkyung's POV

"Kyul... kyung."

I turned to see the weird yet pretty doctor sitting by me with her forced happy eyes.

"Yes?" I asked.

She touched my forehead, "Are you sure you forgot everything about me? Are you?"

I forced a smile at her, "I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about, so that proves that I forgot everything about you, apparently."

She sulked and lowered her head. I made my eyes look at her, "Are you okay, Ms. Chaeyeon?"

She looked at me with sad eyes and grabbed onto my wrist, "Oh no, please don't call me that. I would rather you call me Chaeyeon or Chaeyeon unnie."

I forced another smile at her, "But Ms. Chaeyeon," she gave me a glare, making me look at her nervously, "it's not nice to informally say someone's name when you just started knowing them."

She pouted, "You knew me."

I smiled at her, "Knew, Ms. Chaeyeon. Only knew."

She slumped in her seat and rubbed her thighs, "Are you sure you don't remember anything about me?"

I nodded, "For the last time, Ms. Chaeyeon, yes, I don't remember and know you."

She nodded slowly and stayed silent. I looked at her with pity and cleared my throat, "At least can you get me something to eat? I am a bit hungry."

Her eyes gleamed with excitment in a second, "What would you like then?"

I forced a smile, "Anything's fine for me."

She nodded and rushed outside of the room. I sighed and waited for her to come back. She eventually came back with an apron on, holding a bento box. She placed the bento box on my lap, "Different types of kimbap are in there."

I smiled at her, "Thank you."

I took a bite of the egg kimbap and swallowed it once it was mushed up well, thinking hard about the taste. She looked at me and gulped down nervously, "So, how is it?"

I gave her a thumbs up, "It's very delicious."

She smiled warmly at me, gesturing me to continue eating. Before I ate, I looked at her apron. There were strawberries everywhere, from small to big sizes. I forced a smile and looked at her, "You should take off your apron. You're not cooking anymore or anything, right?"

She held the bottom of the apron and blushed, "Y-Yeah, you're right. I should take it off and leave it in the kitchen."

She left the room with a disappointed look on her face. I sighed and continued eating, until something flashed in my mind. Black and white images of a milky-white hand holding a strawberry latte and a box with strawberry cheesecake. Recognizing my own hand holding a shampoo bottle that had a strawberry labeled on it with a note attached to it. Those images stopped flashing, making me shake my head in bewilderment.

What were those images? Who was that milky-white hand? Why were there strawberries in every picture?

She came back inside the room, seeing my confused face. She sat down beside me with a worried look, "Are you okay, Kyulkyung?"

I blinked my eyes at her and shook my head silently. I then continued to eat quietly, trying hard to not make eye contact with her. She looked at me with curious eyes, but could only sigh and wait for me to finish eating. I patted my stomach after I finished eating and smiled at her, "Thank you for the meal."

She smiled back, seeming to be pleased and satisfied with my answer and left the room. I went back to those pictures that randomly popped in my mind. What happened if my supposedly lost memories are returning back? Is it true what she said? That I lost my memories of her? If so, I do and don't want to remember. Why? Because, there might be some good memories, but there might be some bad memories, and I need to know why I was stuck inside the hospital for a year. Sejeong unnie, Nayoung unnie, and Chungha unnie wouldn't bother to even tell me, forcing themselves to keep their mouths shut, only giving me a glare, telling me to shut up and never ask them that again. Asking Ms. Chaeyeon would only make her have tears in her eyes again, and believe me, that day when I woke up and she left for a moment, the three unnies looked at each other worriedly. They went after her quickly, only to leave me inside the room by myself with a confused look on my face. Then, I heard faint noises. Of someone crying, while there was hushing and whispering after that.

The only way to find out would be to slowly remember my memories, but I don't even know if I would remember it, after what I apparently had gone through. Ms. Chaeyeon came back and sat down beside me, taking out a book to read while hiding her face away from me by using the book cover. How To Win Your Love Back Again was printed right on the book. I smiled at her, "Are you perhaps trying to win my love back again?"

She lowered the book so that I could only see her eyes and whispered, "Maybe?"

I gave a laugh as she looked at me with a raised eyebrow, "Did I say something wrong?"

I shook my head, continuing to quietly laugh, "No, it's not that. It's just, don't you think you're trying too hard?"

She pouted, "I don't think so, Kyulkyung."

I shrugged at her, but then noticed the same milky white hand from those mysterious images. I took her wrist quickly and tightly, my eyes open wide at her hand.

"Kyulkyung?" she asked, wincing as I held on tighter, "It hurts, Kyulkyung!"
 
I let go of her hand, "Sorry. It's just that it looked familiar to me just now."

She stopped rubbing her wrist and looked at me with worried eyes, "Did you remember something?"

I nodded at her, "Kind of. Pictures of strawberries and a milky-white hand came back to my mind. I don't know what that is though."

She continued to look at me with worried eyes, "What exactly were those pictures?"

"Strawberry latte, strawberry cheesecake, strawberry shampoo."

She looked at me, "Your memories are starting to return!"

"Really?" I asked her.

She looked happy already, but stopped and asked me, "Is that all you remembered only?"

I nodded, waiting for her response. She was whispering to herself and then smiled, "Well, that's a good start. I'm sure you'll remember more."

I forced a smile at her, "Yeah, you're sure."

LATER...

"Ms. Chaeyeon," I called out, in response she gave me a glare.

"Yes?" she asked, frowning at me.

I smiled warmly at her, "You should go home. It's already nighttime."

She shook her head, "Well, I don't want to."

I sighed, but then smirked, "If you go home, I'll let you do whatever you want me to do."

She nodded instantly and rushed. After she put on her coat, she took a seat beside me, "Are you sure you're fine without me?"

I nodded, "Yes, please go home and have a good rest."

She nodded back and left the room, taking a glance at me one last time with sad and worried eyes. I sighed and positioned myeelf comfortably. I turned to the direction of the window and looked at the bright stars. I sighed once again and closed my eyes.

What did those pictures mean? Was it good or bad?