Chapter 40

Just A Matter Between Love and Hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THREE WEEKS LATER

QRI'S POV

My flight got cancelled because of what happen on the wedding day three weeks ago but that doesn't guarantee that I'm not leaving anymore.

 

I'm happy that I'm still here and can still be with Minnie up until now but I can never be thankful of the reason why.

 

"Is Eunjung already awake?" I ask Ahjumma.

 

Boram and I were here in her house right now.

 

"I don't know Ms. She doesn't want to be disturbed. She was often mad at everyone" Ahjumma said.

 

Boram and I could only look at each other and sigh.

 

"I think we need to force her to come with us at school. She can't be always like this" Boram said.

 

I agree with her.

 

If I'm leaving I don't want to leave Eunjung like this.

 

We get the spare key for her room and didn't even bother to knock coz we know that she'll only drive us away.

 

"Wow. What a mess" Boram said when get inside our cousin's room.

 

It's damn messy!

 

Her things were just everywhere!

 

"Eunjung?"

 

We call her coz she's not on her bed.

 

I check the bathroom and found her there leaning on the wall while rubbing her tummy.

 

"Hey you ok?" I ask

 

"My stomach is upset" She said and start to throw up on the sink.

 

I approach her and rub her back.

 

"What did eat last night?...Oh wait..Did you eat anything last night?" I ask.

 

"I eat proper dinner last night. Why are you here?" She ask and march out of the bathroom.

 

I followed her and saw her slump herself on bed.

 

"Yah Hahm Eunjung! What are you doing?! Look around your room! It's like a cyclone hit it!" Boram scolded her.

 

But Eunjung just cover her face with the pillow.

 

Heol.

 

I sat on the edge of her bed and Boram sat on the other side.

 

"Eunjung-ah...Jiyeon will never be happy of what you're doing to yourself now. Please come with us to school. You've been mourning here alone for weeks. " Boram said.

 

Eunjung didn't say anything but we can her sobbing.

 

I was trying to stop my tears from falling too but I failed.

 

Jiyeon is my friend too and I'm really sad of what happen.

 

"Eunjung-ah. I'm sure Jiyeon wants you to continue your life. Don't be too hard on yourself." I said.

 

Eunjung get up and hug her knees.

 

"It's just so hard to accept it. If I just know that it will happen I shouldn't have let her leave. I should've convinced her to stay. I should've runaway with her when she ask me to" She said while crying so hard

 

Boram and I were both crying too.

 

Things were just so sudden.

 

On that day we surprised to know that there's still a wedding happening only that it's not Hyojoon and Eunjung's wedding anymore but Siwon and Jiyeon's wedding instead.

 

We never had a chance to talk to Jiyeon but we still think of ways to stop the wedding while waiting on the church.

 

But while we're busy on figuring out how to stop the wedding we heard a loud explosion outside.

 

We immediately run outside and saw the bride's car is on fire.

 

Eunjung was there trying to get closer while screaming Jiyeon's name but the grandpa's guards were stopping her.

 

I went blank that day and just cried along with Minnie.

 

"I'll get ready. Wait for me" Eunjung said and start preparing herself.

 

"We'll wait for you downstairs" Boram said and I go downstairs with her

 

**phone rings**

 

I check my phone and frown when I saw who's calling.

 

I go outside and answer the call.

 

"Yes Grandpa?" I said.

 

"You flight had been delayed too long. You're leaving tomorrow first thing in the morning so better skip class and prepare your things instead." He said.

 

I wasn't expecting that he's going to cancel it and let me stay here.

 

I had been trying to prepare myself for this too

 

But I was never ready.

 

"Yes Grandpa" I just said and we hang up.

 

I sighed and go back inside.

 

"Is that Grandpa you're talking to?" Boram ask.

 

"Yup" I simply said.

 

"Is everything ok? Why did he call?" She ask.

 

I look at her and sighed again.

 

"What's that supposed to mean?" She ask.

 

"I'm leaving" I said and sit on the couch.

 

"Wait...leaving? Where are you going?" She ask.

 

I guess I'll tell her now since I'll be leaving tomorrow.

 

"Grandpa is sending me to France" I said.

 

"What?!" She got surprised as expected.

 

"Ri. Don't go. Don't listen to him. Think about Hyomin. If you go there Grandpa will never let you go back here. Don't do this" She begged.

 

If only I could hear that from my girlfriend.

 

"I tried opposing Grandpa the ways I know. If I push too far and insisted who knows what might happen" I said.

 

"Does Hyomin knows?" She ask.

 

"Yeah. I was supposed to leave after the wedding last time. Sorry for not telling you" I explained.

 

"Take care of yourself. When I take over Grandpa's position I promise I'll do everything to bring you b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter