Chapter 15

Just A Matter Between Love and Hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SOYEON'S POV

We just arrive home.

 

Luckily Mom and Dad were not yet here or else I'm sure we'll get scolded.

 

"You two could eat dinner without me." I said to my sisters.

 

"Nah. I don't want to eat. I just wanna sleep again" Jiyeon said and headed to upstairs.

 

"I'm not hungry. “Hyomin said.

 

"Hyomin-ah. I see what you did there" I said.

 

"Mwo? What do you mean?" She ask.

 

"Don't ever try to tell Jiyeon what happen again." I said.

 

"But unnie. What's the use of keeping it from her? We can tell her what happen and just skip the part that she was with her M-" She said and I immediately cover .

 

"Yah. Lower your voice. She might hear you. I know Jiyeon have the right to know what happen but I don't it should come from us. So better do what our parents told us and stay out of trouble ok?" I said.

 

"Yeah yeah but what will I say to Jiyeon if she ask again? I did told her earlier that she was involved on an accident." She said.

 

Heol.

 

"Just try to change the topic once she ask you about the accident or just tell her you don't remember" I said.

 

She sighed.

 

"Fine...I'll be heading to my room now" She said and run upstairs.

 

I know Jiyeon deserves to know the truth but disobeying my parents is one of those things that I'm really scared to do.

 

I go upstairs too and headed to my room.

 

I slumped myself on my bed and just stare at the ceiling.

 

I remember what happen in the hospital earlier.

 

Things never went well...

 

FLASHBACK

"Ms Park. Your sister is fine now." The doctor said to me.

 

I feel a huge relief with that but then I started to feel nervous again when I realize what something...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BORAM IS HERE AND SHE JUST HEARD WHAT THE DOCTOR SAID!!

 

I look at Boram and she was frowning.

 

I guess I need to tell the truth to her and I hope she would understand.

 

I let Hyomin talk to the doctor and approach Boram.

 

"Boram-ah can we talk?" I ask.

 

She just gave me an expressionless look and slightly nod.

 

Heol.

 

Why am I feeling so nervous?

 

"Not here" I said so we headed outside.

 

I'm really nervous for some reason and I don't know how will I start explaining this to her.

 

"So Jiyeon is your sister. That makes her Hyomin's sister too and not her girlfriend right?" She said before I could even start explaining.

 

"Jiyeon is out half-sister." I said.

 

"Half-sister? Is that the reason why you choose to hide it? She's you're half-sister but STILL your sister. Why do you have to keep her?! I can't believe you're like this Park Soyeon" She said before she turn her back and walk away.

 

I wanted to chase her and explain it properly but there's hesitation building in me that’s why I ended up just standing here and watch her leave.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

She seems really mad before she left.

 

She misunderstood everything.

 

It's not my intention to keep that Jiyeon is a part of our family it was our parents' decision and like what I said earlier... I never want to disobey my parents.

 

I never want to disappoint them.

 

Boram was a bit overreacting I guess.

 

I don't owe her any explanation yet why do I have this feeling inside me.

 

Why do I feel like I'm really bothered with what just happen?

 

I just want to be her friend right?

 

Or maybe....

 

 

Maybe I want more than that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I get up and shook my head.

 

"This can't be. You only want to be friends with her and nothing more than that Park Soyeon!" I said to myself.

 

Geez!

 

I just decided to take a shower.

 

I stayed there for a while to relax a bit.

 

I feel like I'm kinda exhausted though nothing much really happen today.

 

I need to cool down.

 

I stayed on the shower for few minutes before I decided to change and start studying.

 

Well, I'd be really lucky if I could focus on doing that.

 

I take out all my notes and other books to start studying but then I notice that my phone got several message

 

 

I check who's texting me and got surprise to see that it all came from Boram.

 

I thought she was mad at me.

 

Oh wait...

 

She doesn't know it was me.

 

Hey, you didn't reply to me last night. Who are you?

 

That was her first message.

 

Are you're not a bad person right? I need someone to talk to right now. Can you be that person?

 

Tss. Me? A bad person?

 

But she needs someone to talk to?

 

Why?

 

Are you there?  Heol just forget what I say.

 

She seems really in trouble.

 

Should I text her back?

 

But she's asking for my name?

 

Hmm.

 

I'm sorry I was outside a while ago. I didn't bring my phone with me.

 

That's what I just say and hit the send button.

 

**phone rings**

 

I almost drop my phone when Boram suddenly call me.

 

"Omo! What to do?! What to do?!" I said to myself while I'm in panic mode.

 

Calm down Park Soyeon!

 

**clear throats**

 

You can do this. Just act normal.

 

I keep reminding myself that before I press the answer button with my trembling hand.

 

"H-hello"

 

HYOJOON'S POV

**sigh**

 

I want to call my sister now but I don't know what will I say to her.

 

Talking to her means making up another lie.

 

I promise her that I will bring her to US with me but unfortunately finding a stable job is harder than you thought it would me.

 

Jiyeon thought I was in US right now with my father but the truth is....

 

My father doesn't want to help me at all.

 

He said his new family there doesn't want me so he obviously choose them over me.

 

That's sad but it's the truth.

 

I choose to lie to my sister because I want her finish her studies and have a better future.

 

If she found out that my Dad didn't accept me she will never agree to live with her Dad. She will stay with me even if both of us will end up living on the street.

 

I can't let that happen.

 

I promise Mom before she died that I will take care of Jiyeon.

 

FLASHBACK

"Oppa! Oppa! Let's go and fetch Mom!" Jiyeon cheerfully said.

 

It's getting dark now and we're waiting for Mom to go back from work.

 

Mom is working on the Hahm's mansion which is an hour ride from here.

 

"Jirongie we can't. It's getting dark and Mom is heading home now for sure." I said and she pout.

 

"Then, let's just wait for her on the bus stop. Please oppa. Please! Please! Please!" My sister pleaded so I just agree with her and we waited for Mom on the bus stop.

 

While we are waiting Jiyeon is hugging her rilakkuma bear.

 

Well, she always bring that with her everywhere.

 

Eunjung gave that to her, I believe.

 

"Jirong-ah, you know Eunjung is a girl right?" I said.

 

When I first introduce her to Eunjung she jump on Eunjung and shower her with kisses.

(Note: I'll give you that flashback on Eunyeon childhood when Jiyeon remembers and that would be on the later part.)

 

Eunjung got terrified with her but my sister is really adorable and persistent so now they're really close to each other.

 

"I know she's a girl oppa but I still want her to be my Seobang" Jiyeon said.

 

Few minutes more the bus arrive and we saw Mom.

 

"Mom!"

 

Jiyeon and I run to her and hug her.

 

"Why are you two doing in here?" Mom ask and gave us a kiss.

 

"We're waiting for you Mom" Jiyeon said and I just nodded.

 

Mom just smile.

 

"C'mon. Let's go home now. I brought something delicious for dinner." Mom said.

 

Jiyeon and I got excited and started running on the side of the street but then Jiyeon accidentally throws her stuff toy on the street and run towards it.

 

"JIRONG NO!" I said when I saw a fast approaching car towards her.

 

I was stoned in my position and things happens really fast.

 

I just saw my Mom and my sister lying on the street and there's blood!

 

The car bump on the tree after hitting my Mom and my sister.

 

"Mom! Jiyeon!"  I was crying really hard while screaming their name.

 

Seeing them like that gives me the thought that they're already dead.

 

The ambulance came and then brings them to the hospital.

 

I was inside the ambulance with Mom and my sister.

 

"Mom please don't leave me. Jirongie" I said still crying and hold Mom's hand.

 

I felt that Mom squish my hand lightly.

 

She was conscious!

 

She was trying to say something so I lean closer.

 

"J-jiyeon...t-take care... I...I l-ove both of you" She said

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

I wipe my tears.

 

That is the most traumatizing and saddest experience I ever had on my childhood.

 

Those are my Mom's last words

 

She didn't make it.

 

She died before we even reach the hospital.

 

She tried to save Jiyeon.

 

Jiyeon did survived but it's not that easy.

 

She was alive but she needed a surgery because of her head injury.

 

I don't know what to do that time.

 

I did try reaching her Dad but unfortunately Mr. Park was out of the country with his family.

 

I need to save my sister so that's why I ask help to my friend Siwon.

 

But of course it wasn't for free.

 

His father take our house as a collateral.

 

I have no other choice. I need money to save my sister's life so I agree with that condition.

 

My sister was saved but we are greatly in debt with Siwon's family.

 

Jiyeon lost her memories about the past when she woke up...

 

Mr. Park and I decided that it would be better if we will not tell Jiyeon what really happen.

 

After a year I decided to meet Eunjung, Qri and Boram again.

 

I told them that my sister died.

 

We're still good friends but...I decided to leave because something happens.

 

I stayed with my sister and forget about them.

 

But then few years later Jiyeon starts asking me about someone she keeps calling Seobang.

 

FLASHBACK

"Oppa. I always dream about my boyfriend. Can I meet him again?" She ask.

 

I was surprise that she ask about that.

 

I planned not to make her remember everything from the past except her Dad and her sisters.

 

I want her to forget about Eunjung coz she will only be hurt if she found out that the driver of the car that night was no other than Eunjung's Mom.

 

What Jiyeon knows is that Mom died in a car accident while Mom was selling on the sidewalk.

 

Unfortunately, when I explain that to her she made some research and found Eunjung's Mom photo on a newspaper.

 

From then she declared that she hate that woman for killing our Mom.

 

Knowing that meeting Eunjung and her cousins again would lead to Jiyeon remembering everything I decided not to meet them again.

 

I thought Jiyeon would totally forget them but I was wrong.

 

"How much you remember about your Seobang?" I ask.

 

"Nothing clear at all. The only thing that is clear to me is that I'm calling him Seobang. I tried to remember but it only hurts my head." She said and pout.

 

**sigh**

 

"Don't worry. I'll invite him to come over" I said and she smile.

 

Now the problem is....

 

Who would I invite to come over and pretend to be her Seobang?

 

That time I keep thinking till one particular person comes to my mind.

 

"I'll be out for a while" I said to Jiyeon and run outside the house.

 

Then, as expected.

 

I found him there.

 

At the back of an old building while smoking.

 

"Hyung I need your help"  I said.

 

"Hyojoon. If you need money I can't lend you anything right now. That old man take my parents' business" He irritably said.

 

I guess he was pissed.

 

"No. It's not about money. I need you to pretend to he be my sister's childhood boyfriend." I said.

 

"What? Your sister's childhood boyfriend? Are you serious?" He ask and laugh.

 

"I'm serious Hyung. My sister needs her childhood boyfriend now" I said.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

Siwon agreed and pretended to be Jiyeon's childhood boyfriend.

 

They became good friends too but Siwon started to change since his parents lost their business.

 

I want him to stay away from my sister but then he ended up courting my sister.

 

Because we owe him a lot and Jiyeon was in love with the thought that Siwon was her Seobang.

 

And as expected Siwon became my sister's boyfriend.

 

My sister was happy so I just let them be till one day....

 

FLASHBACK

I was at home preparing myself to go to school when suddenly Siwon arrive.

 

"Hyung, Jiyeon is at school" I said.

 

"Hyojoon-ah. I found a way to get my parents' company back" He said ignoring what I just told him.

 

"What was it?" I ask coz I had a feeling that this is not a good idea.

 

"I'm going to make one of that old man's granddaughters" He said.

 

What?!

 

I frown and clenched my fist.

 

He's insane!

 

"What about my sister then?!" I angrily said to him.

 

I know I'm not as strong as he is but I'm willing to punch him with all my might if he hurt my sister.

 

"Your sister will be ok as long as she doesn't know. Remember that this is my house now. I could kick both you out on the street" He said and leave.

 

Damn it!

END OF FLASHBACK

Since I never told Jiyeon anything about the accident she doesn't know about the deal between me and Siwon's Dad.

 

Now she thought that Siwon stole it from us.

 

I did try to fix things before but my sister was really blinded by the thought that he was her Seobang.

 

FLASHBACK

"Jiyeon please listen to me. You have to break up with him. He's cheating on you" I said to my sister.

 

"Oppa he's not cheating on me. He love me just like what how much he love me since we were kids. He could never cheat on me." Jiyeon said.

 

That's what my sister believes and I can't do anything about it unless I wanted to tell her the truth.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Siwon continues his plan and succeeded in getting his parents' company back.

 

Then, I found out that his other girlfriend was Eunjung.

 

I get really mad to him that time.

 

How could he be so heartless?!

 

Then my sister caught him.

 

Jiyeon called him and some girl answered the phone.

 

Some girl which I believe was not Eunjung coz I heard that Siwon was already dumped by Eunjung.

 

My sister gets really mad and immediately break up with him in return to all of that.

 

Siwon said we need to leave the house as soon as possible coz someone else owned it.

 

That's the time I started asking help from our Dads.

 

**sigh**

 

I am really unfortunate.

 

Siwon was not yet done with his evil schemes.

 

HYOMIN'S POV

"Arrrrghh!!"

 

I get up and ruffled my hair.

 

I was having a hard time to sleep.

 

My mind keeps trying to figure out why did Jiyeon call Eunjung Seobang and kiss her.

 

Damn! I wasn't jealous.

 

I'm just curious!

 

Hays.

 

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter