TIME TO GO BACK HOME - SEASON 5: THE FINAL SEASON - PROLOGUE

10th Member

It's free time!

We have no schedule today but we can't go back home because there will be a magazine interview tonight. But that's it. We have no other schedule for 2 days. This is a rare moment for us, Twice. Everyone is decided to just chillax in our dorm.

We have Jihyo on the couch, straight out her legs until the peak of the sofa. A thin blanket is covering her face. She just sleeps there under the air conditioner. I guess she can't take the heat of this summer.

Da-Chae-Tzu is in their room. I have no idea what they're doing. Maybe just having a conversation. I can hear them from here. Sometimes they laugh and talk. But I have no idea what they say.

 

"Sana, what are you looking for?" I finally ask her after she comes and passes in front of me.
"Eh, any!" she says, with her innocent-look face, huge eyes, and slightly opened mouth. I know that expression. She's lying, "What are you doing, Ju?" she asks, "Just sitting on the chair, you must be tired, right?" Her face shows that she wants to do something with me.
"No, not really," I tell her, "Wanna play something, Sana?" I ask her.
"YES YESSS!!!" she answers excitingly as if I have read her mind, "What should we play?"
"Uhh, I don't know. Monopoly?" I say. She smiles widely. She knows that I love that classic board game.
"Got it. Then I think we can ask the other members to join. Should I visit them one by one?" Sana says.
"Let's do it together," I say while getting up from where I sit, hiding my smile. I'd be happy to help Sana fights this boredom, "I'm coming with you."
"Okay, Haeju-ya," she says childishly.

First, we come to the first bedroom. We open it and Nayeon and Jeongyeon are inside. At the left bed, we see Jeongyeon is also sleeping so soundly. But the other bed Nayeon is just playing with her phone while laying down there.
"Unnie!" Sana greets her.
"Hey... Sana. Haeju. What's up?" she answers.
"Are you busy?" Sana asks.
"Not really, why?"
"We're going to play something. Do you wanna come?" Sana says.
"It's a monopoly," I continue.
"Hmm..." it seems like Nayeon is considering it, "You guys are bored, aren't you?"
"Yes!" Sana answers excitingly.
Nayeon look at us. She stares at each of our faces," Okay!" Nayeon gets up from their bed.
"Yaaay~" Sana shakes her fists up excitingly.

Nayeon gets up and comes to us.
"We should recruit more members tho, Nayeon-a. Who should we recruit?" I ask.
"Left Jeongyeon. She's... Tired after last night- ehm- she's just tired..... ANYWAY, how about the J-line? They like monopoly," Nayeon suggests.
"Ah, banker Momo! That will be fun," I say.
"Mina is also good at that game," Sana says. 
"Any games basically, that requires brain," Nayeon adds.
"True..."
"Alright then, let's check 'em out!"

After recruiting Mina and Momo (and a pass from DaChaeTzu because there are too many members already), I take the game and put it on the table. Not far from where Jihyo's sleeping.

We sit circling that table. Sana sits on my left. Nayeon and Mina are in front of me. And Momo sits on my right as the banker.
"Yay, let's start!" Sana shouts. Momo give the money for 4 of us equally as a start. Mina chooses a horse as her pawn. Nayeon chooses a car. Sana is a dog and I'm a small crystal ball (or just a regular ball on a plate, I'm not sure).

"I will step on you guys with my horse," says Mina before chuckling shyly.
"I choose a car because I will race you all to the finish line! Watch me," Nayeon says.
"But there's not finish line..." Mina corrects.
"To the... Victory? You know what I mean," says Nayeon.
"I think it fits me that you guys choose the dog for me," Sana says.
"Of course, Shiba Inu!"
"Haeju also fits her character. Crystal ball. Because she likes astrology."
"True true! Magical stuff..."
"Yeah, I like my piece," I agree with them. It reminds me back when I learn deeply all of them by their zodiac signs. Sigh, what a memory...

Then, we start the game!

This game... Playing a game like this reminds me of years ago when I had a comma. In my nightmare, we played mafia and they literally died one by one. That moment was so memorable for me because they all accompanied me to the hospital until I woke up. At that moment, I learned what having a friend meant.

We all change while playing the game. Nayeon becomes so obsessed with owning all the lands while Mina smartly builds some expensive buildings to make us pay a lot to her. Sana is in 4th place but she's just excited to play and, sometimes, debates them. Even Momo looks so wise and fair as a banker.

We're so loud that we attract attention from the rest of the members.
Jeongyeon is on Mina's side. She tries to distract Nayeon and joking around which makes everybody laugh.
Dahyun is on Sana's side. Chaeyoung is neutral. Jihyo? She just woke up and still sleepy.
Tzuyu doesn't say a lot. She just frequently whispers to me, "Fighting, Unnie, you can do this!"

This is a lot of fun. Hanging out with some girl best friends have always been my dream for so long. They're all friendly and beautiful. Sometimes I think, what if one day I marry one of them.

Nayeon the girly and chatter...

Jeongyeon the charming...

Momo the innocently cute...

Sana the kindest and purest...

Jihyo a lovely leader...

Mina the shy smart...

Dahyun the white cute clown...

Chaeyoung the cool artist...

Or Tzuyu my forever roommate...

My heart flutters thinking about that. I've been so intimated with almost all of them. The memories make me a little bit unfocused on the game. I would love to fall in love with each of them really. It's my heart that says so.
But who am I, right?

I'm just Haeju, the 10th member...

Seoul, my land with one house, is just a few steps away from me
"Please be six, please be six," I say while shaking the dice. I throw them down and expecting. Everyone is so focused because I'm gonna lose if I don't get Seoul. Mina's traps are everywhere.

The dice rolls aaaand....... I got six!

"YES!" I shout, "Finally,,. I can come back home," I say. There's one little house on that land.
"It's still not the end, Ju. All of our traps are still waiting after that," Nayeon says.
"Haeju should reach the start to be safe," Mina says.
"Yeah, Haeju. Don't stop. Get to the START line!" Jihyo, suddenly speaks.

Should I...

Should I' start' it again?

 

 

 

Again again again, I keep starting this story.
This adventure with my beloved friends. The endless loop with Twice. I have made some more new friends during my journey anyway.
Isn't it the time to stop? To rest? To end it beautifully?

"You're doing great, Unnie," Tzuyu whispers. After that, she says something as if she can read my mind.

"This is not the end," she says.
Yeah... I know, Tzuyu, I know. But...

 

...at least, now, I'm home.