Korean Billie Eilish

10th Member

It's been a long year.

We've been going through a lot of things. We have a tight schedule and, even though this is my second year with Twice, my adventures with them still fresh. There are still a lot of new things happen when I'm with them. It's so lovely.

Ah, but...

...many things really have changed this time.

***

"Haeju-ya! What are you doing?" a cute voice comes from behind the wall. It's so familiar that I can even guess without looking at the person. She walks around and sits right away beside me. Even until today, I still don't get it why she's so cheerful all the time.
"Ah, nothing..." I answer her.
"You go blank, don't you? Is that something wrong? Hehee!" she asks.
"I'm okay..." without a command, she puts her head on my shoulder. So dependent, "Dahyun is sleeping, isn't it?"
"Yes. Hehee!"
"As expected..."
"As expected what?" she asks me back. I don't answer her. I don't feel comfortable with Sana being clingy with me. Saida blossoms these days. They're so close, always together. I can't even join them when it's only two of them. It's like they're making their own bubble.

Sana only cares about Dahyun.

"Ju..." she calls me. 
"Yes?" I answer lazily.
"I like it when you look all serious... Like this..." she suddenly confesses.
I'm stunned, "You think so?"
She raises and looks at me. Her big eyes and cute childish expressions smile right in front of me, "Yes!"
Damn!

I'm still weak with compliments. Remember those Saida moments, Haeju! She's not into you.
Don't play with my heart, Sana.....

"Jagiya!" she calls me again, reaching my arm, so touchy even towards my chest a little bit. All innocently.
Sana, please don't...

***

"What are you guys doing?" walks in casually, our oldest member joins us at the other side of the sofa. There's not much expression on her face. She doesn't wait for us to answer, she just straight up opens her magazine and starts reading. It's indeed kinda rare for us to have free time like this. Nayeon likes to read. She must be want to use this opportunity to continue her reading. She looks charismatic reading like that.

Sana answers her casually like that, but not me.

I'm shy!

I'm afraid that I might say the wrong thing. I don't know why I wanna impress her. She's always so happy and always so positive with everyone. Men and women. Seniors and equals, even with her dongsaengs. Everyone except me. I just feel guilty that I think she hates me. She does not! And lately, I can see how great her personality is.

"What are you reading, Unnie?" Sana asks her.
"Just..." she looks at the cover, "our magazine."
"Ohh, is that new???"
"Yes! They just sent it to us. Wanna read together?" she offers.
"Sure!" Sana answers excitedly, jumping on her spot a little bit.
"Haeju too?" she looks at me.
"Me, I..."
Nayeon gets up before I can finish my answer and sits beside me. She shows a page that shows our interview. I smell something nice. Her hair is kinda wet, I guess she just took a shower. So diligent, my same-age friend. So admirable.

Ahh, what's happening today?

***

Many people call you as the 'Korean Billie Eilish' these days. What do you feel about that nickname?
Haeju: I think people call me like that because I'm so serious on stage. Sometimes, I take things too seriously. That's why I give an 'intense' vibe on my songs and performances. Personally, I'm so honored that people consider me like that. I'm a fan of Billie. She's like the new Goddess of lady artist. I like her style, but I think, I can't be as powerful as her on stage. She's so powerful on stage, you know? I really look up on her.

"Uww, Haeju is really smart at answering the questions!" Sana says in the middle of us reading.
"Sana, stop complimenting her. She gets shy again, haha!" Nayeon says, "Look, her cheeks got red so fast."
"It's not!" I scream.
"It's so visible, Haeju-ya. It's okay tho. Cute....." she compliments me before continue reading. So cool. Why do I like that?

Now as Twice got an additional rapper, Haeju, are you feel pressured with her presence? Are you guys competing with each other?
Chaeyoung: No. We are good friends. Unnie always inspires me to be better.

I read Chaeyoung's part at some point. Hh... It's so boring. Chaeyoung has the true soul of an artist, makes her kinda weird sometimes. She lies tho Cho. There's indeed a cold war between us, the Twice's rappers. But Chaeyoung and I have a really different style. As I said in my interview, I was kinda more intense than her. More soft but creepy. She has a "tomboy" persona on stage since the beginning. After I know more about Chaeyoung, I feel like her nickname 'no-jam dongsaeng' fits her really well. There's nothing more with her. I can't even tell my feelings to her as she's so flat. 

When it's about rap, it's just between Chaeyoung and me. With Dahyun, it's... Not about rap. Ah, I don't want to talk about her. It annoys me every time I see her. She's trying so hard to please people and to be funny on TV shows, but I just don't' like the way she does that. It's not funny for me. Not smooth. It annoys me that people still like that.

Last year, you decided to go hiatus from most Twice activities. Many fans are waiting for you. Can they expect something from you next year?
Mina: I hugely apologize to our fans that I can't participate much this year due to my condition. I feel so guilty and I really love to have a comeback and meet Once again. Sadly, I can't promise anything for next year. Please don't put a huge expectation on me just yet. I will fight really hard so I can present myself at Once in my best condition. I'm working on it. All the supports, of course, are really meaningful for me. Once is my number one motivation to come back on my activity. I'm so sorry once again for the convenience.

The truth is: Mina plays video games a lot. She stays in the dorm all day even when she has no schedule. I understand that Japan is far, but shouldn't she just goes home when she has nothing to do in Korea. Mina should care more about her health than she just plays online games day and night. She's so lazy. I feel like, she's not even trying to get better. Everybody has told her to come out of the room but she just does what she wants. Is it wrong to judge her like this? I'm just so sick of her. She doesn't want to listen to anybody. Chaeyoung, who's the closest with her, just goes along with her laziness. Not helping.

"Poor Mina," Nayeon says.
"Yes..." Sana follows.

Suddenly, we hear a loud voice from the back. It seems like somebody is fighting in the kitchen. Nayeon and Sana are surprised but not me. I know exactly who is fighting. This particular member is so moody for the entire year. She's changed so much. Kinda dictator and rebellious too. I'm so tired of her.

Nayeon and Sana decided to go to the kitchen. I follow them. Ah, right! I hope Tzuyu is not being scolded by our leader, Jihyo, the top two most misfits members of Twice.

 

 

Not again.