2연 뉴스

10th Member

Definitely Nayeon and Jeongyeon's idea.

We are in the dorm. Those two girls sit on the couch, pretending to be news anchors, while the rest of us are siting on the floor looking at them. I sit behind the group with Tzuyu, since we're the tallest members. With a pillow on her lap as the news table, Jeongyeon opens the show. "Good night, Korea. Welcome back to '2Yeon News' with your newscasters, Jeongyeon and...."
"Nayeon," Nayeon introduces herself.
"Ngg...... Yeah, that's it...." suddenly Jeongyeon loses words and everybody laughs.

"Today's top stories are a restaurant discovered near our dorm, Jihyo's trip to France, and an exclusive interview with our Twice's 10th member!"
"Oooh," some of us reacts. Actually, I'm a bit surprised they want to have an interview with me. Why don't they tell me beforehand?

"The first news will be read by my partner, Nayeon."
"Thank you, Jeongyeon,"Nayeon answers seriously,"A new restaurant is currently found near the location of Twice's dorm. It's an American eatery called 'Uncle Joe'. You guys know it, right? This info can be a good news for Twice's members because they are bored with their daily meals. Unfortunately, since the restaurant is new, it's still so crowded. Probably we still can order it through a call but the question is: Are the members like American food?"
"I like it!" Dahyun shouts.
"Wait, why is there an audience in news studio? This is not a variety show," Nayeon jokes that make everyone laughs again.
"VJ-nim, don't answer the anchor please,"Sana says.
"Yeees, sorry," answers Dahyun. "Hahaha..."

"Okay, our second news will be read by Jeongyeon," Nayeon closes her report.
"Alright. So, recently Twice's the one and only leader, Jihyo, had a trip to a country in Europe. We hear that the purpose of the trip is to get revenge to the other members. We discover that Jihyo couldn't go to Switzerland with them a few years ago. She couldn't go because she hurted her own knee at that time."
"Aww..." the audience responses. I see Jihyo is just enjoying her story that's being told by Jeongyeon.
"Jihyo is reported has taken a lot of selfies in France, including in front of one of the 7 wonder, Eiffel tower. Besides that, Jihyo also buys animal plushies for each members as the souvenirs. Here we have the list of what animal she gives to them."
"Jinjja? But your paper is blank," Jihyo asks Jeongyeon as she peeks to Jeong’s papers.
“The list is here.” Jeongyeon points her head confidently.

“Okay let’s see if I can remember it!” We all look at her with a big anticipation. I wonder if she really can remember it in short period of time since Jihyo gave the dolls just a few days ago.
“Mm... Mine is a kangaroo, Nayeon is bunny, Momo is a raccoon, Sana is a dog.....”
“No, it’s not!” Sana cuts Jeongyeon.
“Eeyyy.... It is!” Jeongyeon answers her and suddenly laugh,”I just saw Jihyo’s expression when Sana said ‘no’. She was shocked like this.” Jeongyeon then acts it out that makes everyone laughs.
“Right, mine is a dog,” Sana speaks again.
“Okay, Jihyo is an owl, Mina is a penguin, Dahyun is a bird”
“Eagle!” Dahyun shouts.
“Well, it's not really an eagle! Mm... Chaeyoung’s doll is.... Wait, Tzuyu is a giraffe, ah Chaeyoung is a tiger! And Haeju’s doll is..... Isn’t it a monkey?”
Ddeng!” Jihyo says,”Not monkey”
“I know what it is!” Sana says.
“Isn’t it a black monkey?” Jeongyeon is confirming her answer, Jihyo shakes her head.
“I know it too, can I answer it?” Mina asks.
Nayeon then says,”Yes, Mina, go on”
“It’s a black cat. And I do think it suits her,” Mina answers.
“True! I think so,” Dahyun says.
“Aaah it’s a cat! I know it has a long tail. I thought it was a monkey haha!” Jeongyeon laughs. “Okay, the next news will be brought by Nayeon. Please,”

Nayeon then starts to act back like an announcer again. “Thank you, Jeongyeon. Tonight, we have an exclusive interview with Twice’s new member. Let’s give applause to Haeju!” Everyone becomes so crowded. I see Nayeon asking me to sit beside her. Jeongyeon moves to Jihyo’s place and Jihyo moves to the floor.
“Honestly, I don’t know they want to interview me tonight,” I say to the audience.
"It's okay, welcome Haeju, please sit." Nayeon shakes my hand.
I grab her hand back and then sit down beside her. "Okaayyy..... Thank you...." I say.
"Thank you for attending our studio. How are you today?"
"I'm fine! It's my pleasure to be here!"

"As we heard you've been chosen for the new member of Twice. How do you feel, Haeju? Are you excited? Or nervous maybe? Please, share it to us," Nayeon suggests.
I take a moment to think about what I should say. "Mm... I'm feeling grateful of course. It's been a dream to debut again like this. Honestly, I'm a bit pressured, but I'm excited as well. I'm really glad I meet good people around me, especially you guys. I promise I will work hard as you all do." I'm happy to see them clapping. I feel a little bit touched.
"Yes, I hope you can feel less pressured starts today. We're a team now. You don't need to bear it alone," she says. 

Nayeon continues, "Now we're actually a bit curious about something. Was it PD-nim the one who told you that you were going to debut with Twice?"
"JYP pd-nim? He wasn't the first person who told me that, but he did talk to me about that. Actually, I discussed it with him the longest," I answer.
"Oh okay, sounds interesting! Please tell us what he said to you?" Nayeon moves her head forward as she's interesting with it. I peek that everyone looks really interested as well.
"Yeah, he talked a lot with me. There were 3 of us: Me, him, and Boseok instructor-nim. Mostly we talked leisurely about myself, my history, my family, my opinions about things, etc. They were interviewing me, just like what you guys are doing right now. In the end, Pd-nim said that actually, he was still in doubt to put me in Twice, but after that conversation, he realized why people recommended me to join. He said my role in Twice would be bringing kindness charm out of Twice. The 'emotion' of Twice. He realized that my way of talking expressed that aura. Yeah, it sounded weird when the first time I heard it. 
Anyway, he said that with all the issues that Twice was facing, he thought it would be good to put me inside. I could be the member who represented the young-adult life of Twice because of how I spoke and I was the oldest among the members. He also said that I was good at telling-story and the rap lyrics that I made were poetic, so it could be advantaged in the future. After that, he gave me the big picture of what I would face as a Twice member. Then he asked me if I was ready for that.
That's all that I remember, guys," I say, "I'm not trying to bragging by the way...." 

It's quiet.

No one says a thing after I tell that. Maybe this is the first time they hear about the reason why I'm added to Twice. I'm not sure what they are thinking right now.

"I'm glad Haeju finally becomes the part of Twice," Sana suddenly says.
"Yeah...." The rests then agree with them. Dahyun suddenly hugs me and... followed by the others. I think they are all happy as much as I do. I'm proud of these members. I then hug them tighter.

Still hugging, Jeongyeon says something that makes everybody laughs again. 
"That's 2yeon news. Good night!"