Chapter 8

Sweet Serenity (A Mark Tuan/GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song for the chapter: Heart Like Yours by Willamette Stone

—————————————————————————————————————

I can’t believe it. I was so nervous when she was just there sitting and listening to the song that I felt like my heart will jump out of my throat. But the complete euphoria I felt when she indeed held my hand is indescribable. 

How can I be so lucky to have this amazing girl? When she leaned back and looked at me with flushed cheeks and mesmerizing eyes, I wasn’t able to stop my self and kissed her. Her sweet and soft lips is more than what I could ever imagine.

We eventually separated panting hard and I rested my forehead to her, just savoring this immense happiness that I am feeling. But then she finally talked and it wasn’t what I’m expecting. 

“Uhmmm, I still need to get the towels.” I couldn’t help but laugh so hard thinking that I was waiting for something crazy or profound but it was as ordinary as that.

“Araseo, araseo.” I responded chuckling before giving her one last peck. She left me in the living room as she went to get the towels. 

I quickly sent a message to JB letting him know that I’m at Anna’s place waiting out the rain. I then looked around as this is the first time that I can finally check out her place; I was rather distracted the last time that I was here. Her place’s really nice with an open layout. I approached her tv shelf and looked at the photo frames that littered the space. It has her photos at various ages and I think the latest one with her parents. I then noticed one lone photo at back of what I assumed to be her and her biological father. They were both looking back smiling at the camera with a painting canvass in front of her and her holding a paintbrush. I didn’t know that she could paint.

“Mark, here you go.” My attention was diverted to Anna as she came back to the living room with towels on hand. 

“Thanks. I didn’t know you paint.” I said while I retrieved one and started drying my hair. We settled at her couch while we both dry our selves. 

“Oh that was a long time ago. I haven’t painted in years.” She replied quietly as she settled down on the couch were I followed suit. We then fell in this comfortable silence as we sat facing one another.

“So….” We both said at the same time making us both burst in laughter. 

Clearing my throat, I continued, “I just want to clear this up. Does this mean that you’re willing to be with me? That we’re together now? That you’re my girlfriend?” I asked her hopefully as I look to her for her answer. She rested her head on the couch before answering.

“It means that I like you too. But..” I tensed up a bit when she said but. “But how about your group and your members? Are you even allowed to date, let alone date me?” I knew that she will ask this and I just need to convince her that this worth it.

“You don’t have to worry. I actually talked to the members and each of them gave their blessings. In fact, they’re covering for me while I’m here. As for the company, our dating ban is set to expire in January anyway.” I explained to her pleading that she’s convinced.

“Mark, are you sure? I don’t want you to be with me if I’ll be a burden in whatever form.” I can clearly see her concern for me and that just endeared me more. I reached out to clasp her hands, thinking how perfectly it fit mine.
“Anna, you said yourself that you like me. And you will never be a burden to me. In fact, I am more worried that you’ll want nothing to do with me when you realize how hard it is to be with me. I am the one who is burdensome. By being with me, you’ll have to deal with the fact that I am a busy person and that my job requires me to travel a lot. Not to mention that one day will have to deal with the media, rumors and gossip. But despite knowing that, I still pursued you despite how selfish that is of me.” I want her to know what will entail from dating me coz I want her to be prepared to handle whatever will happen.

She lifted her hand and bring it to my cheek. “Mark, thank you for thinking of me. And I don’t think you’re selfish. When you were gone, you’re all I can think about. I think I’m the selfish one for wanting to be with you.” I held her hand that was on my cheek feeling her warmth. 

“If that’s the case, let’s be selfish together.” That earned me the tinkling of her laugh as I grinned.

“Ahaha. What am I gonna do with you. You’re too cute for your own good.” She said chuckling while shaking her head.

“So, will that be enough to convince you to do this?” I asked her with a hopeful tone and I was awarded with the most amazing response. She nodded her head before speaking.

“Yes. I will be your girlfriend Mark Yi En Tuan.” I can’t help but grabbed her face and give her a prolonged peck.

“Thank you thank you for making me the happiest person.” I ecstatically told her.

“Thank you. But, if we are doing this, we need to agree on to some things.” She started talking seriously and I mimicked her.

“Tell me want you need.” I encouraged her to tell me anything.

“First of all, we have to agree that GOT7 will always be number one in your priorities.” I immediately shook my head as I started to protest. “Anna, please don’t ask that o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter