Chapter 28

Sweet Serenity (A Mark Tuan/GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song for the chapter: Paper Airplane by Jeremy Passion
———————————————————————————
I woke up with a start today as I have a full day ahead. Mark already left for New Zealand yesterday. I am at the door about to go out when I received a text from Mark that they’ve arrived in New Zealand. I let out a sigh of relief before replying.

Good to hear babe. Call me when you can. I love you. I’m about to head out to the orphanage now.

I will babe. Give my kisses to the kids. Take care. Love you. 

I smile reading his text as I put the car on drive. I’ll be spending lunch time at the orphanage and then to the foundation and then the office. I have a teleconference with my liaison office at 4 PM. Spending time with the kids is always a delight and I had fun listening to their stories. Ahjumma and I also had a talk about the things that the orphanage needs. She also brought up her concern about Sophie’s non-stop coughing. I told her that I’ll have a doctor come and visit the orphanage. It is also good to have the children’s healths checked. I left right after Sophie fell asleep. After a quick check on the foundation, I went straight to the office.

“Bujangnim, hello.” I greeted her as she visits my office as soon as I arrived. “How’s the hotel?” I followed.

“We’re doing great. Our events department are swamped with the upcoming events.” She explained as we settled in my conference room.

“That’s great. Anyway, I dropped by to inform you that I’ll be coming back to work and there’ll be some changes. What do you think of becoming the new General Manager?” I smiled as I see her surprised face.

“Wha-whaat?” She responded confused.

“Choi bujangnim, we are promoting you to the position of General Manager of Serenity Hotel Seoul.” I reiterated as she finally realized that I am serious.

“Anna-ssi. I-I-I don’t know what to say.” She said.

“Say yes.” I urge her.

“Y-y-yes. Yes. Thank you so much.” She thank me profusely as I let her have her moment.

“You’re welcome. I need someone reliable to take over the operations as I’ll be focusing on some other things. Please don’t let this out but I’ll be taking the regional director position.” I explained.

“Oh congratulations Anna-ssi. You’re perfect for the position.” I smiled at her thanking her. 

“We’ll make the announcement soon. Thank you for the help you gave me and for always supporting me.” I told her as I bid her goodbye.

After speaking to Choi Bujangnim, I teleconferenced Woo Jin-ssi my liaison officer and offered him a new position.

“Woo Jin-ssi, can you recommend someone that you trust in your team and that can carry out the same work that you do?” I asked as I see his confusion but nonetheless he gave me a name.

“Great that’s good. Now what do you think of coming to work as my executive assistant?” I asked him as he gave me pretty much the same reaction as Choi Bujangnim did. Woo Jin-ssi is really good at the job that he’s doing and as his first job for me, I tasked him to build a team that will be working directly for me.

“Thank you. I’ll see you on Monday.” I said as I bid him goodbye.

After my afternoon fielding in requests and checking in with my dad, I finally got back home in peace and quiet. I am about to call to place a delivery when my doorbell ring. Having no idea who’d be visiting me, I checked my intercom before opening the door.

“Noona annyeong!” I am taken aback when Yugyeom and BamBam burst into my house.

“Noona, we come bearing gifts!” BamBam said as he and Yugyeom started placing the food on the table. I just stare at them a bit dumbfounded.

“Noona hurry up let’s eat we’re very hungry.” Yugyeom said as he takes his seat following BamBam. As if on auto pilot, I nodded and take my seat as well.

“Not that I’m not happy to see you guys, but what are you doing here?” I exclaimed as I just stare at them expectedly while they are digging on the food.

“Ei noona. Mark hyung told us not to starve you. Eat eat.” Yugyeom explained as I let it sink in that Mark had made sure to still take care of me even when he’s away. After that, I finally started eating and join in their conversation. After dinner, Yugyeom and BamBam decided to do karaoke. Ever since the boys find out that my entire apartment is soundproof, they’ve been wanting to do karaoke here. At half past 10, I finally called up Jaebum frustrated telling him to come and collect the toddlers.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter