Chapter 22

Sweet Serenity (A Mark Tuan/GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song for the chapter: Bad Habit by Defsoul
——————————————
The boys decided to throw a New Year’s party at their suite on New Year’s day and I met a lot of people. People that are close to them and people that they trust. It was also nice that Mark and I can be ourselves around them without fears of someone leaking it to the press. Blasting on the stereo are JB’s new songs that he dropped on SoundCloud as well as Youngjae’s. We also get a preview of Yugyeom’s song that will be dropping soon on SoundCloud too.

“What’s up Jae!” Mark greeting someone approaching us giving him a hug. 

“Yo Mark. Nice party going!” Jae responded equally enthusiastic.

“Anyway, I want you to meet my girl. Babe, this is Jae, Jae this is Anna.” I smiled and gave him a half hug. “He’s the one who helped me arranged my song for you.”

“Oh really? Wow, thank you. It was beautiful.” I said giving him another smile as Mark s his arm on my back.

“You’re welcome. When Mark approached me with the song, I knew immediately it was for someone special. I’m happy to help.” Jae explained as he continued on and explore the party.

“Hey guys! Look who I found!” Jackson said in his booming voice as he entered the suite with a girl  that I vaguely recognized next to him. “Seo Yeonie!” The boys exclaimed and I knew then who she is. She is one of Jackson’s closest friend and K-pop’s biggest solo act, L.SY. 

“Seo Yeonie! Why haven’t I seen your face these past few months.” Mark greeted her as he gave her a quick hug. She just laughed it off saying that she was busy preparing for her new album.

“Hey, I want you to meet my girlfriend Anna. Babe, this is—” Mark introduced me to her right after.

“Ashley. I mean Lee Seo Yeon. I’ve seen you perform at Pete’s. My friend Simon is your biggest fan.” I rushed only belatedly realized that Mark and Seo Yeon were looking at me stunned. “I’m sorry for spazzing. I just… you were so good and Simon couldn’t stopped talking about you but I assure you he’s harmless.” I said offering my hand but then Seo Yeon hugged me suddenly.

“OMG. I remember you too. You sang really good as well. Nobody has called me Ashley in so many years. What did he bribe you in order for you to go out with him.” I threw my head back laughing as Mark protested on the sides.

“Definitely his handsome face. Hahaha. No he’s an amazing guy and I’m lucky to have him.” I replied feeling automatically at eased with her. 

After that, more friends of the boys started arriving. There’s Peniel, another Youngjae, and then Amber made a brief appearance, a Jungkook and a whole lot more. I tried my best to remember their names but there are just too many. And then Seo Yeon had a little accident and spilled her drink on her top. I offered her a change of clothes and I directed her towards Mark’s room as I have a few change clothes that I left there. 

“Here you go.” I said as I handed her a top.

“Thanks Anna. Sometimes I’m just a huge klutz.” She said from the other door as she changed in the bathroom.

“Yeah I understand. Uhmmm, Seo Yeon, if you don’t mind me asking, how long have you been seeing JB?” I asked carefully as Seo Yeon fell silent on the other side and when she opened the door it revealed a pale Seo Yeon.

“We’re not…” She trailed off. “How did you know?” She asked as she got out of the bathroom and sat on the bed.

“Uhhmmm, I accidentally overheard you and him having a small argument earlier. I’m sorry to intrude.” I said already feeling bad that I have to bring it up.

“It’s not your fault. It has been months since it ended. And we were not.. we weren’t really in a relationship, it was casual and nobody knows.” She said while I can clearly see that she was trying her best not to cry. 

“I’m sorry. Your secret’s safe with me. Come on, let’s join the party again.” I tried to smile and cheered her up as we went back downstairs just in time for the fireworks display.

After that meeting, Seo Yeon and I hanged out some more and we realized that we enjoyed each other’s company and we became fast friends. We sometimes talk about her and JB’s thing every now and then but very briefly. 

It’s now towards the of fir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter