Chapter 23

Sweet Serenity (A Mark Tuan/GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song for the chapter: Classic by MKTO
——————————————————

“Could you reenact your Dream High 2 dance battle scene?” I laughed as Jinyoung read the fan request as the crowd goes wild. We are currently in Washington, the second stop in their US tour. 

I left a flight earlier than the boys to the Miami and settled in the hotel and waited for them to arrived. Mark and I had a short argument before we left for US when he found out just how much it’ll cost me to let them use the jet. 

“Anna seriously you’re gonna spend at least $200,000 for our flights? Babe that’s too much.” I was startled when Mark barged in my office as I was answering correspondence.

“Well hello to you too.” I said deadpanned as he settled in the sit in front of me.

“Sorry. Hi babe. But Anna, 200 grand?” Mark repeated as he waited for my answer.

I sighed as I faced him properly. “Where did you find that information?”

“It doesn’t matter. Just answer the question.” I can see that Mark’s temper is starting to rise and I calmed myself down; it will do no good if both of us are in a bad temper.

“Babe, the jet that we are gonna use is the company jet and it has a fixed budget allocation whether it is being used or not. So us using it for the tour is of no big deal. The cost of flying it has already been factored. Now what seems to be the problem?” I explained to him calmly as he started to calm down as well.

“Still, that’s a lot of money, babe.” Mark said defeated. I stood up and sat across him as I take his hand.

“Babe, we own one of the fastest growing luxury boutique in the world. Is my having money gonna really be an issue in our relationship? What would you have me, poor or struggling with money?” I said to him as I’m trying to let him see that I am preparing to take over a successful business empire and that will always be part of our relationship. He turned my hands and squeezed it. 

“That’s not what I mean. It’s just that I feel like you’re giving me too much and I don’t think I can match that.” I sagged as I realized where he’s coming from. Of course he’s intimidated. I felt intimidated as well when I received my trust fund from my parents and it’s not just a measly six digit amount; try a couple millions.

“Oh Mark I don’t think you understand how much you give to me. You gave me so much more than material wealth. You gave me the most precious thing in the world. Please don’t let this be an issue between us.”  Mark looked up to me smiling as he kissed my pulse point.

We went back and forth as I assured him it’s no big deal. I think it was the first instance where my money became an issue for us. And then when it was time for us to leave for Washington, the boys were floored with the fact that we’re traveling in a private jet and I didn’t hear the end of their teasing until Mark put a stop to it. I don’t know why but fronting the wealth that I have made me embarrassed. I think maybe it’s rooted in the fear that they’ll see me differently or treat me differently. But after the initial shock and awe, they were pretty chill about it.

Being on tour with them was a lot of fun. Starting the show always melt me because they sing Let Me as their opening song and I felt giddy knowing that it’s our song. I just realized that it was my first time seeing them perform live in Miami and it was crazy seeing them on stage killing it.

Tonight, Mark and are flying to New York to visit my parents. As they performed their last song, I went backstage and waited for Mark. After changing into fresh clothes, Mark and I bid the guys and staff goodbye as we are flying immediately straight to New York.

“Great show tonight babe.” I said to him as we settled in the car on the way to the tarmac.

“Thanks babe. It was great but I’m really exhausted.” He said as he leaned back and rest his head.

“Don’t worry you can take a rest on the plane.” I said as we rounded the corner as the tarmac came into view.

“Yup it’ll be nice to recharge for a bit.” Mark thanked me as I leaned and rested my head on his shoulder. 

Not long after, we are cruising on our way to New York. It will only be an hour flight from Washington DC and Mark and I will be staying at our apartment there. We’ll then be taking a 40 minute helicopter ride to the Hamptons tomorrow to see my parents.

Mark went to take a nap on the small bedroom attached to the plane as soon as we boarded the jet. Me on the other hand did some work, after all it’s working hours in South Korea right now. I received the progress report from Woo Jin, my liaison officer in Jeju, about the construction and I am much satisfied with the wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter