Chapter 29

Sweet Serenity (A Mark Tuan/GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song for the chapter: The Light by Sara Bareilles
———————————————————————
I wake up sluggishly today as I had a full and tiring day yesterday. It was my first day as the regional director and there were a lot of things to straighten out. Because I am yet to be familiar to the rest of my team, I rely heavily on Woo Jin-ssi. We’ve occupied one of the extra conference rooms in the hotel while we are finalizing the new headquarters. A separate team is looking into purchasing a new building that will house the headquarters and administrative office of Serenity Hotels-Asia.

I did my usual morning routine and started walking towards the hotel after picking up my coffee on the way. After dropping some of my stuff in my office, I went up to the conference room where my team is. When I entered the room, my team is crowding in front of a computer when Woo Jin-ssi noticed me.

“Kim Sajangnim, annyeong-hashimnikka.” His greeting caught the attention of the rest of team and they all greeted me.

“Is there an issue?” I ask them as they look at each other. It was Woo Jin-ssi who answered.

“Uhmm, Anna-ssi. I think you need to see this.” He said as he pointed to me the computer. Confuse about all the hush hush, I rounded to the computer and there I see in bold letters:
[BREAKING] Dispatch revealed GOT7 Mark to be dating hotel heiress Kim Anna

I let out a gasp as I suddenly feel cold all over as I feel a sense of foreboding. We need more time. Mark and I need more time. Anxious, I immediately leave the room and went back to lock myself in the office. Why do I feel like everything’s about to end. I gasp louder as my eyes start to tear up. With shaking hands, I grab my phone and before I can even dial Mark’s number, his name starts flashing on the screen.

“Anna, where are you?” He ask as soon as I answer the phone.

“Mark, they know. Oh my god, what are we gonna do now?” I said letting out a sob.

“Anna, listen to me. Everything’s gonna be okay. I promise. Are you at the office?” I nod before answering yes. “Baby, I’m scared.”

“Okay okay. I’ll be there as soon as possible. We’re already on the road back home. Listen, Eun-ah Noona will see you there to discuss how we will handle the rumors. Just hold tight babe, okay?” He said.

“Okay okay.” I said as I continue to nod my head. 

“I love you, Anna.” I close my eyes as tears fall down as I savor his words. “I love you too.” I said as I bid him goodbye.

Taking a deep breath, I stand up and went and wash my face getting rid of the tears. Everything’s gonna be okay. Mark and I will be fine. If I can’t hurdle this crisis, I have no business managing this company. I steel myself as I give out an encouraging breath. I called Woo Jin-ssi and Choi bujangnim in my office. After that, I got a call from Jinyoung Samchon.

“Anna-yah, oediya? Gwenchanna?” He said.

“Samchon, I’m okay I’m at the hotel. Mark said Eun-ha unnie will be here shortly.” I answered.

“Yes yes. I’ll be there soon as well.” He said.

Not long after, people started pouring in the hotel and we moved to the conference room to accommodate the crowd. After coordinating with my immediate staff and to the PR team from the headquarters, I took a moment to my self and sit on the corner couch as they started discussing the statement that we will put out to confirm the relationship. Deep sigh.

“Here you go.” I look up to see samchon handing me a cup of tea.

“Thanks.” I said as I scoot over to give him space on the couch. I take a sip of the tea.

“How are you holding up?” He ask after a moment of silence.

“As good as I can be I guess. We both know that this will eventually happen but nothing can still prepare me for it. I just… I feel like it’s blowing in my face and I can’t do anything about it.” I said trying to describe what I am feeling the best that I can.

“Everything’s gonna be okay.” I frowned as I hear those words again.

“But is it really? I feel like a piece of us will be gone forever. Things will definitely change and it’s scary.” I mutter silently.

“It’s true that things will change but one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter