Chapter 4

Sweet Serenity (A Mark Tuan/GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song for the chapter: Magnetic by GOT7

———————————————————————————————————————————

“Mark hyung, are you off to pick up your girl?” I just smiled and ignored Jackson and went directly straight to the door leaving the members in a series of chorused cheering. This has been going on for a little over a month now ever since Anna had dinner with us. The guys teased me when it took me 20 minutes to get back to the suite after I was only supposed to walk Anna to the elevator but ended up walking her back to her apartment. 

This actually became sort of a routine between her and I; I always dropped by her office to check whether she wants to hang out and have dinner with us. Afterwards, I walk her back to her apartment every single time. Because of that, the members have this habit of teasing me. I don’t dismiss their teasing because I found out that I actually like her. I really do and so she has unofficially became my girl. Of course she doesn’t have any idea that I have a huge crush on her. At least as far as I know, she doesn’t. This past month has just shown me what an incredible person she is. Her quiet strength, her radiant elegance and her beautiful heart. Add also the fact that she seems to fit right into us not minding all our craziness.

The hotel staff are also used to seeing me around the back office as I dropped by Anna’s office any chance that I have. With a knock on the her office door, I opened it, no longer having to wait for her acknowledgement.

“Hey Mark, just give me a sec. I need to reply to this email.” She glanced at me, briefly acknowledging my presence, before returning her focus on her computer. I sat on the chair by her desk and just stared at her, admiring her beauty. She smiled when she saw me smiling at her.
“There, I’m done.” We both stood up as she gathered all her documents putting it in her bag. I took her bag from her as we headed to our suite.

“So everything’s okay?” I asked her as we rode the elevator.

“Yeah. Everything’s good. I was just finalizing everything in time for the start of construction of the Jeju site. What time are you guys leaving tomorrow?” The construction of Serenity Hotel Jeju has taken much of her time the past few days. This is the only time that we have the chance to have dinner again before we leave for Canada. This is also our first trip abroad since we started staying in the hotel.

“We have an early flight to Vancouver tomorrow. Why? Will you miss us?” Will you miss me; that is what I really wanted to say as I by poking her cheek.

“Yah. I won’t have time to miss you guys you know. I’m flying out to Jeju as well. I’ll be so busy then.” She grabbed her cheek that I poked while sticking her tongue out.

“Oh you are?” I can’t help but be saddened by this fact. I though I won’t be seeing her for only a couple of days but at this rate, we might missed out each other as we will fly out to Japan after we came back from Canada.

“Hey, I’m just kidding. Of course, I will miss you guys. Who else will I have dinner with?” I looked at her hand holding my arm before looking at her face.

“I will miss you too.” I told her softly feeling the atmosphere changed becoming more charged. I brought my hand to her face, caressing her cheek, but the moment was broken with the ding of the elevator as we reached the 7th floor. We immediately separated with me clearing my throat.

“Hi guys!” Anna immediately greeted the members when we entered the suite and she was greeted with a chorus of ‘hey Anna’. “Are you guys ready for Canada?”

“Oh yeah baby. Oh yeah Canada. We are so ready!” laughter rang out the entire suite because of BamBam as he tried to act cool. “Haha, I guess Canadian ahgases should watch out.”

We’ve decided to just have a small dinner as everyone wanted to take a good rest as we need to leave by 4 AM tomorrow to make it to our flight. As per usual, I am walking Anna to her apartment right now.

“Hey Anna, about earlier, I meant what I said. I will really miss you.” I stopped walking staring ahead not wanting to see her reaction. What she did next surprised me. She took my hand, held it and stood in front of me.

“Mark, I meant what I said too. I will miss GOT7, especially you. You don’t have to worry about what I said earlier, I was just kidding. I don’t want you to get upset anymore.” I think I’m still half-shocked when she held my hand but what she said gave me hope that maybe, just maybe, she feels the same way too. I can’t help but break out the biggest smile that I can get.

“Thanks Anna. So, will it be okay if I text you while we are away?” I was hopeful when I asked her.

“Of course, I will be upset if you won’t. We can also facetime if you want? Trust me, I’ll be lonely in Jeju without you guys.” And just like that, we’re back to our normal selves without all the awkwardness that happened earlier.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

“Mr. Park this is not acceptable. We’ve discussed and agreed upon on this a month ago. I’ve told you countless of times, a delay in the construction is not acceptable.” I am trying so hard to rein in may temper as the builder is trying to weasel out an adjustment even after our clear di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter