Chapter 7

Sweet Serenity (A Mark Tuan/GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song for the chapter: Let Me by GOT7

—————————————————————

My heart skipped a bit as I answered Mark’s call. “Yeoboseyo.”

“Anna, I’m right in front of your house. Can I see you for a bit?” Mark’s sweet voice rang out. 

“Right now? Uh, sure.” I hesitated for a bit, do I ask him to go up or do I go down? “I’ll be down in a bit.” I decided it’s safer to meet him downstairs. I’m not sure how I will act if we are in the comfort of privacy. I checked the time, and it read 12:13 AM, before grabbing my robe. I descended the floors and onto the entrance of my lobby, there I saw Mark sitting on the steps. I walked lightly towards him and took my sit beside him. 

“Hey!” I greeted him but he reacted startlingly. It’s like he didn’t even noticed that I sat beside him. He then cleared his throat before responding.

“Oh you’re here. Uhmm, how was your weekend?” What? I don’t think he visited me this late at night to just ask how was my weekend. Cellphones exist for a reason.

“Are you really just asking me how my weekend was?” I gave an incredulous laugh. How can I tell him that I was at my wits end because of what he did? 

“Why are you really here Mark?” I asked him bluntly not liking this push and pull between us specially after what happened last time. I watched Mark stood up and faced me. He suddenly pulled out his earphones and leaned over to put it on me, startling me as well.

“Anna, I need to ask you something. But whatever will happen, whatever will your response, I want you to know that I will always be here for you. I want you to listen to this song and know that these are the words that I really want to say to you.” Mark told me in the sweetest and lightest voice I’ve ever heard him say, sounding so unsure.

I on the other hand was trying not to freak out that moment as I felt my heart beat getting faster. I tried my best calming myself but all of a sudden I felt like my senses were heightened and I am much aware of Mark’s presence. How can it be all consuming all of a sudden?

And then the first notes of the song started playing. I immediately recognized the song mainly because I liked it and add the fact that Mark helped composed this. It was their song Let Me.

I see you reflected in today’s sunlight
You are crazily radiant
You plant the sun in my heart
Let’s you and I be together today

Will you be by my side, by my side
Can I hold your hand? Don’t be shy
Today we come together
Today you are especially lovely to me

Tonight is our Just one chance
Can I hug you? Don’t be afraid
Today we come together
Let me hold your hand

Is this it? Is he really asking me to be with him? This is not just my imagination right? I continue to listen quietly, still not daring to look at him directly.

Atop this blue ocean, look at me baby
hug me now lady
You drive me crazy
With the cool breeze, the two of us

Let me hold your hand
Embrace me atop this blue ocean
Embrace me now
With the cool breeze, the two of us

It might have been the bright sun
My face turned red probably
It might have been just a feeling
I saw you blush too

I’m getting drunk on a good feeling today
Neither of us even touched alcohol
Can I softly hold your hand
If you’re ok, can I go for it? Baby

I agree. I think I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter