Chapter 31

Sweet Serenity (A Mark Tuan/GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song for the chapter: Skin by Zola Jesus
———————————————————————

After the crazy month that Mark and I had, I can finally say things have settled down for both of us. Well we’ve settled into our new normal I should say. All the drama surrounding our relationship and my family history has died down but the fans and media found another point of focus. As the latest “it” couple, a lot of mags and gossip rags have been nitpicking our relationship. I also have this new found “fame” as paparazzi and other fans have followed me and periodically gathers in front of the hotel and the new headquarters. My visit to Japan to attend their showcase in Tokyo for the weekend is one example of the media’s new fascination to our relationship. Aside from a few exuberant fans and paparazzi, everyone’s really respectful and have given me some distance. 

My close friendship with Seo Yeon also made waves especially when they found out that the Hermes bag of hers was gifted and painted by me. The reaction to that one is crazier than anything else. I get calls from all over the country and a few from abroad inquiring if they can commission me to paint their luxury bags as well. I respectfully decline and I only paint bags for people that are really close to me or one’s that I am comfortable painting for. So far, I’ve painted bags for Seo Yeon’s labelmate, CL and Samchon’s wife but I don’t charge them. I also gifted bags to my mom, Mark’s mom and Tammy for mother’s day. Just as I suspected, painting keeps me calm and the bags are wonderful canvasses.

I’d like to think that I took everything in stride as I realized that these are the things that I have to deal with when I date a member of one of the most well known groups in K-Pop. In fact, Mark is the one who worries more and guilty that I have to deal with the circus. But I assure him that I am good. Aside from my every move getting reported, everything’s not bad at all. It could’ve been worse, fans could’ve hated me.

The boys are traveling back and forth Japan for their shows there and while Mark is away a couple of times, we get to have down times in between schedules. Unlike when they were actively promoting where I sometimes don’t get to see him at all, the extra down time is much appreciated. I made a routine of watching Mark’s episodes on Law of the Jungle but so far he’s always in Japan when it airs so I just record them and watch them with him once he gets back.

Tonight they’ll be back from their last event in Tokyo and I can’t wait to have the few days off before they leave again for Bangkok. I’m currently at the office working overtime so that I can take the next days off even though today’s a Sunday. I look up as I hear a knock on the door. We’ve found a suitable headquarters in Yeoksam-dong which is really convenient as it’s only 10-15 minutes drive from my place on usual traffic and only about 25-30 minutes from the hotel.

“Come in.” I tell the person on the other side. 

“Sajangnim, this was hand delivered for you.” Ji Hye my secretary handed me a thick fancy envelope. She left right after I thank her. I let out a squeal when I read that it’s the wedding invitation from Simon and Natalie. I grab my phone I dial Simon’s number.

“Simon!” I blurt out when he finally answer the call.

“Anna? I was sleeping.” I laugh at his pathetic attempt to sound sleepy.

“Oh shut up. I know for a fact you’re already up and awake. It’s already 9 there and you mentioned last time that you have work today.” I point out to him.

“Haha okay you got me. Look at us working on a weekend. So why’d you call?” He ask as I roll my eyes as response.

“I got your wedding invitation. My gosh, you’re actually getting married! Congratulations on deciding on the date.” I said while smiling as I can’t contain my giddiness.

“You received it? Great, I asked a colleague to deliver it to you. I hope you and Mark can come. I gave you guys ample of time, okay? So you better be there Kim Anna.” I laugh again as he threatens me.

“Yes thank you for giving us time to arrange our schedules. I’ll tell Mark later; he’ll be back from Japan then.” I said promising to confirm our attendance as soon as possible.

I left the office feeling good despite the usual crowd in front of the office. Seo Yeon told me that it will wane eventually and I can’t wait for that to happen. I must’ve been more exhausted than I realized as I fell asleep on the couch while waiting for Mark to come home. I woke up when I felt the soft mattress.

“Mark?” I call out to him.

“Hi.” He whisper as my eyes focus on him. “Sorry for waking you up. I found you sleeping on the couch.

“Sorry. What time is it?” I ask as I pull myself up.

“It’s a little past 11. You can go back to sleep. I’m headed to bed as well.” Still feeling sleepy I just nodded wanting to go back to sleep as well. But before that I pucker my lips for a kiss. Mark laugh before giving me a peck.

I woke up the following day encase in Mark’s arms. I wiggle to turn waking him up as well. 

“Babeee, I want coffee. Make me coffee.” I said as I burrowed myself in his neck while he groan awake. “But hug me first. Make me coffee but hug time first.” Mark let out a chuckle but hugged me nonetheless. I fell asleep again but woke up with the scent of coffee. I grab my phone to check the time and it reads quarter past 10. Stretching for one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter