Chapter 32: The Last Chapter

Sweet Serenity (A Mark Tuan/GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song for the chapter: Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran
————————————————————————
The plane is now on its final descent to Heathrow Airport. Thank you for flying British Airways. Please remain seated with your seatbelt on. Thank you.

I woke up as the flight attendant announce our arrival in London. I am on my way to attend Simon and Natalie’s wedding. I got little sleep during my 13-hour flight to London and I was just falling asleep when they made the announcement. After going through checks and immigration, I made my way directly to Simon and Natalie’s wedding. They will just drop my stuff off at my hotel.

“Hey Mark!” Simon greeted me as I give him a bro hug while shaking his hand.

“Nice to see you man.” I said once we pull apart.

“Yeah. I’m glad you could still make it despite you know…” He said giving me a sad smile.

“Of course. I promised to be here for your wedding didn’t I?” I replied trying to give an upbeat smile. “Congratulations again. I’ll just look for my seat.” I said trying to move the conversation forward. I easily find my seat right in front. 

Looking around I let out a deep sigh. Weddings and marriage. I ponder over these things as I see Simon with his family and these guests gathered just to witness the union of two people. Will I ever get to experience this and have the privilege to get married?

“Hey there young man.” An old man like a grandfather greeted me when he take the sit next to me. I just give him a polite smile.

“So are you here for the bride or the groom.” The same old man continue talking to me and he sort of remind me of my own grandfather.

“The groom, Sir.” I answered him while people continue to mill around us.

“Ah, Simon. Wonderful young lad. So were you his friend from university?” I shake my head as he look at me curiously.

“Uhmmm, I know of someone who knows him. I met him just early this year.” I offer an explanation the best I could.

“How curious. So what do you think of all of this?” He asked as he gestured around us with his cane.

“Oh it’s really beautiful. From the short time that I’ve known Simon, it seems he’s really in love with Natalie.” I said as I observe this old man. He has an air to him that commands respect and attention and I noticed that most people avoid making an eye contact with him. I wonder why.

“Pssh. That boy is crazy over Natalie. So much so that he followed her all the way here. Anyway, do you have a girl on your own? A handsome young man like you should have one.” Uhhmmm, I was stunned for a minute as the conversation has turned into my private life.

“I see Grandpa George has gotten to you, babe.” I turned around to  see the one person that I’ve been dying to see. I break out into a huge smile as she give me a kiss before taking the seat beside me.

“Oh Little Anna. I didn’t know you two know each other.” I just give him a sheepish smile as I drape my arm around Anna.

“Grandpa George I’m no longer little you know. I’d like you to meet my boyfriend Mark Tuan.” I take his outreach hand and shake it.

“Oh. You didn’t tell me your dating our Little Annie. What a small world. You got a really good one right here Anna.” I chuckle as he give her a wink as she let out a tinkle of laugh.

“Oh don’t I know it. It was great seeing you again Grandpa George.” Anna blow him a kiss as he lean to me before he leaves. 

“Invite me to your wedding young man, okay? I see you both living a life full of love.” He whispered then give me a wink as he walk off saying that he needs to make sure every penny he spends is worth it.

“Hey!” Anna said quietly as I turn to her.

“Hey!” I said equally quiet while giving her a grin. 

“I miss you. I didn’t know you’ve arrived.” She continued as she rest her head on my shoulder.

“You're dad’s okay?” Anna asks me referring to the emergency meeting that I had a couple of days ago. I had to fly to LA very last minute when my dad had a small health scare. But the doctor’s assured us that he’s okay and healthy aside from his slightly elevated sugar level. Anna had to go here by herself while I was still in LA.

“Yeah. Aside from the doctor ordering him a healthier diet, he got a clean bill of health.” I replied as I rub absent-mindedly her small scar right above her l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter