Seven

Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Event though I normally don't update when plagiarized, the plagiarism has happened on such a wide scale on the copycat site that several other people I know are updating even though their stories have been taken. My updates are pretty tentative, I guess, because I don't know if these newer chapters will automatically transfer to the copycat site. We'll see what happens and I'll let you guys know. 
 


Suga


"We're eating well tonight." Hoseok slaps several containers of top quality wagyu beef on to the counter, much to Jin's delight. Hoseok combs back his hair, looking somewhat relieved at the recent events. I don't blame him. He's trying to tear his company apart to try to find the offending parties, to no avail. Byun Hana being in the hotspot allows for more time.


Jin's smile is the brightest it's been in a long time. To be fair, it's been a long time coming. With Byun Hana and her side making secret moves against us, we had to strike back, and strike back hard. Even though Hana's medication was moving into the final mode of testing, her stocks are starting to crash. She's done for, at least temporarily. "To Yoongi," he raises his wine glass in a toast. "I shouldn't even be surprised."


"I'm offended."


"As you should be," Taehyung hums, his chin in his palm. "It's been a while since you've pulled things out of your ." Hoseok wiggles his eyebrows at that, making Jin hold back a chuckle at the dirty joke. Taehyung looks thoroughly amused, using his chopsticks to attempt to stop his smile and completely failing. That traitor. 


Despite the private celebration, I still feel guilt twisting and burning in the pit of my stomach. I knew what I started, and instead of attacking her work, I had attacked her character. She is being dragged for slander, calling her a , a , a golddigger. I know her, and despite being on opposite sides, I know that none of those are accurate. In any case, I'm not sure any of those terms would be an acceptable term for women. Maybe golddigger if the salary gap is that large and she demands money excessively. I had gone against my own honor code. And I'm paying the consequences for it.


Taehyung never misses a beat, and it's honestly unfair. Jin is incredibly introspective, and so is Hoseok when he's focused, but Taehyung is a level above them all. Taehyung's eyes bore into me as he holds eye contact to the point of it being uncomfortable. It's at moments like these that I genuinely wonder if he's a mind reader, solely because he can gaze into the depths of your soul. "You're not exactly happy."


"I am," I lie. "What's there to be upset about?"


"Then how did you let Byun Hana slip past you in the first place?"


Jin and Hoseok frown. Hoseok interjects in a hushed voice. "You don't actually mean--"


"When did you start talking to her, Yoongi?" Taehyung tilts his head a fraction to the side. "I'm not mad at you, but I would like you to be honest." 


I sigh heavily. "Remember the car accident? A kid fell into a coma and she was there when it happened. We started talking in the hospital. She's--when's she's not in her business mode--likeable."


"She's a threat." Jin points his chopsticks at me, a hard edge laced into his tone. "You can't be serious. You ignored all that."
 

My shoulders slump. It's not like me to say anything about my emotions, but my Pandora's box had been cracked open in the smallest sliver, and I start to spill. "It's been a long time since I've had a friend."


"We are your friends." Hoseok raises his eyebrows in disbelief, eyes flickering between the rest of us. "How could you--you could have just come to us--"


"Maybe I don't want to. I'm always Min Yoongi, a CEO of a business and part of a scary group of colleagues. Sometimes, I just want to be Yoongi." I drop my head into my hands, looking down at the granite countertop. I can't look at them in the face.


"You got attached to the wrong person." Jin shakes his head. "Have you learned nothing from my past?" I watch him from the corner of my eye, and it's like I slapped him in the face. I had ignored what introduced Jin into the business world, and even though Hana shows severe regret, my loyalities lie with Jin.


"Wait." Taehyung's voice is firm. "It was foolish, but we have the upper hand at the moment. And I can't say this is a terrible development."


"What?" Jin slams his hand down on the counter, making me jump.


"It's been a long time since Yoongi has had any interest in anyone. It may be with the wrong person," Taehyung looks at me pointedly, "but it's a good development."


"I still don't approve." Hoseok cuts in.


"I don't expect you to." I mumble. "Don't worry. We've cut off everything at this point. She made sure of that as soon as she walked into the board room."


"What's done is done." Taehyung says lightly, attempting to brighten the mood. "We're on top, and despite the setback, we came out looking better. Now, to continue the streak, we need to take care of Namjoon."


"The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter