Ten

Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE FOR IMPORTANT CHANGES WITH THIS FIC

 

Suga


Suho did not look happy, but I had expected that much. I could tell that the gears in his head were turning at my request, and it takes him a few moments to look up with narrowed eyes and a frown, “Are you sure that is what you want, Min Yoongi?”


“Yes.”


“And what are you willing to pay for it?”


“What are you willing to ask for it?” I shoot back. There were a lot of things he could ask for, and not very many that I was willing to give.


“Information on Park Chanyeol,” His mouth flattens into a line at the demand, and I could tell that nothing else would satisfy his requirements. What was so important about Park Chanyeol?


“Done.” I agree simply because I didn’t see another choice at the moment. Information on him wouldn’t cause me any harm, because it contained no business details about the company that wasn’t already available to the public.


The corner of Suho’s lips twitch up, and his eyes are scarily calm. “It will be done. Have a nice day, Min Yoongi.”


The dismissal was clear because I was working on his turf, and I didn’t like the feel of that. But I nod, shooting a last glance at Oh Sehun, who was hiding behind the shadow of Suho, before turning on my foot and hurrying back to the car where Ahyeon was peeping out of the window.


If all goes well, then not only would Hoseok get a thorn out of his side, but Hana would be safer in the future.


I open the car door, throw the car into drive, and escape the shady area that made me feel like I had eyes on me at all times. Ahyeon’s small-talk distracts me until she drops a bombshell on me.


“You shouldn’t talk to that man. Daddy said he was a bad man.”


My eyes widen at her statement, and I slam my foot on the brakes for the traffic signal, twisting in my seat to look back and the child who was calmly sitting in the back seat. “How do you know this?”


“Daddy said so.”


Question is, who is her father? And why in the world was he talking to Suho, who was most definitely from the Korean underground?
 

Hana


“Your secretary? What’s he going to do?” Tao’s sharp eyes turn toward me and I snap at him.


“Eyes on the road. I’d rather not die in a car accident.”


Zitao laughs but complies anyway, lips twisting into a smirk that I seriously didn’t like. “I think that’s going to be a lot easier of a death than what might happen to you in the near future.”


“Killing me won’t solve a lot,” I respond with a huff. “I have people to take over for me.”


“Not if you’ve been sticking your nose in places that you shouldn’t.”


“You’ll have to be more specific. I stick my noses in a lot of places,” I flash a somewhat fake smile at him, a little bit of pride bubbling at the pit of my stomach. If I was pressing hard enough at a sore spot, and that caused me to be kidnapped, that means that I was heading in the right direction.


If anything, this was a confirmation that I was doing my job.


“I wouldn’t be proud of that.”


I sigh, sitting back in my seat and crossing my legs, hoping that Lay could hear all of this from the phone call. “You don’t get it, do you? My company, my legacy, and my actions all transcend who I really am. I am human, but everything that people see is not.”


“Surprisingly deep for someone who is supposedly too cold to talk to anyone,” Tao’s nose twitches with his disturbingly creepy smile that forces me to fight down a small shudder. In any other circumstance, it could be seen as charming. Just not this circumstance. “But that’s the entire problem with you. Anything you do is under severe scrutiny. And if you notice something you shouldn’t, it’s going to be brought to the surface.”


“And what did I notice?”


“Nice try.” His voice is sardonic and mocking, and it somewhat reminds me of a whiny teenager, which somehow makes the entire situation of me being held against my will in a speeding car a little more tolerable.


There was really no point in fighting back or trying to get myself out of the car. If anything, that would get myself more injured, and I had enough faith in Lay to find me. After all, he hadn’t covered my eyes nor did he take the phone, so he wasn’t being entirely serious about this kidnapping.


Yet.


But no physical harm had been done and he had been barking more than biting.


The safest alternative was to sit and wait, and I make sure to remember a few of the major streets that we pass by. But as he continues to drive, the streets become narrower and the mountains on the horizon grow closer.


A brief glance at the side mirror makes hope flare in my chest, and I fight to keep my face neutral so Zitao wouldn’t realize, but to no hope. A few minutes later and with some routine checking in his rear-view mirror, he spits out the sentence that I had been dreading, “Who is following us?”


I turn back before leaning closer to the side mirror, hoping that he couldn’t see through me. “I can’t tell.”


“Doesn’t matter,” He dismisses me, stepping on the pedal a little harder, and I curl up a little in the seat, heart beating a little faster at the speed. There were very few people that I trusted with a speeding car, and for obvious reasons, Zitao wasn’t one of them.


Despite my lies, the man in the mirror was easily recognizable, because I could trust him no matter what. His steady hands gripped the steering wheel, and he was rapidly talking into a headset. If I was right, he was probably talking to Jimin.


And at the moment, I would like to do nothing more than sigh in relief, but it’s too soon for that.


Instead, the gears in my head are rapidly turning. There was no reason given for the kidnapping other than that I had been pressing matters that I shouldn’t have, but without knowing what that matter was, this only served as a warning. But to be fair, I would be driven to a place for so long without something happening to me. Huang Zitao had an end goal, but I’m not sure if that end goal was entirely his.


I couldn’t just ask who he worked for, because he would obviously just say that he worked for me. After all, he did show up in my employee files for a while, but Lay still couldn’t figure out how, because he was unable to be found in a single camera scan. Instead, he shows up as a taxi driver and proceeds to take me to an unknown location.


“Why are you doing this?” My voice is flat as I stare ahead. “What do you have to gain?”


“Many things,” Huang Zitao hums, drumming one of his hands that was full of shiny rings against the steering wheel. A few of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter