Eight

Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Hana

“Emergency meeting, now.” I bang on Namjoon’s door, who opens it sleepily. “We need a meeting now.”

“Can’t it wait—”

“No.”

Jimin was already up, and I could hear his footsteps on the stairs. His mouth is pulled into a flat line, but his eyes are sharp and serious and ready to go. No matter how much work he has, he is somehow always read for more.

Whoever didn’t pay attention to him and respect him is a fool. In a way, he is the most dangerous of us all. Even if the world didn’t notice him, I did. And with us three ready and up, there is only one person missing.

“Someone get Jungkook up,” I growl, not wanting to do it myself, and Namjoon looks wary.

“What did you say to him? He didn’t look happy when he came back—”

“Doesn’t matter, we can gossip later. Someone get him up,” I cut in with a brusque tone.

Namjoon takes the stairs two at a time, and I can hear the muffled sound of Namjoon’s fist banging against the door, two floors up. Jimin and I settle on the couches.

“What do you need me to do?” He opens up his laptop. The poor guy would probably be working all week, and I felt bad, but I needed to make sure we were safe.

“I need you to check any buyers of shares from mine, yours, and Jungkook’s company. All of them, in the last two months. If you can’t pinpoint who any of them are and if they don’t sound familiar, and can’t be tracked, I need the names and any associating details from them.” I sigh, biting on the inside of my cheek as I finish, surveying Jimin’s face to see if he was reluctant to do it. I know it was a heavy thing to ask of him.

Jimin, in a lot of ways, was a scary man. To his credit, he just nods and gets started on the lengthy list of research that he had to do. Jungkook and Namjoon open the door as Jimin’s eyes starts to scan his screen, looking at lists and lists of people.

Jungkook looks absolutely terrible, “Hana—”

“Sit down,” I cut in sharply. I didn’t care about any personal issues he had with me right now. Right now, all he was to me was my business partner. “Jungkook is being framed for buying shares from Jung Hoseok’s company.”

“What?”

“How?”

“Doesn’t matter. What matters is that he is, and although I cleared his name, that doesn’t mean that there isn’t someone targeting us. Matter of fact, they probably thought we are targeting them.”

“Hana, how do you know this?” Namjoon stares me down, and Jimin cuts in for me.

“Do you trust her?”

“Yes.”

“Then, I expect you to act like you trust me,” I continue. “I can’t reveal everything right now, but unless Jungkook is hiding something from us, we’re safe for now.”

Jungkook looks slightly uneasy, “I—”

“Did you, or did you not buy shares of Jung Hoseok’s company? It’s not just you at stake, it’s all of us,” Namjoon’s voice is harsh, but true.

“I did not.” He shakes his head, but I still feel like he’s hiding something.

“That doesn’t mean that someone isn’t buying our shares and attempting to blame it either on Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Kim Taehyung, or Kim Seokjin,” I murmur.

“I’ll search, but it’ll take me two days,” Jimin looks completely serious. “I’ll take the day off and work through the night.”

Jungkook frowns, “Jimin—”

“No, he’s going to do that.” I affirm, disagreeing with Jungkook. “If someone has been trying to buy shares of our company without us knowing, we have to find out as soon as possible. I’m sorry Jimin.”

“Don’t worry about me. Just get me some juice,” Jimin blinks, looking up for a few seconds. Namjoon, the poor guy, gets up to get Jimin his juice.

“But, just because someone has been buying shares in Jungkook’s name, and our name has been cleared, we have the opportunity to do something that we could barely get away with before.” I muse, sitting back. “We have a little less pressure on us for now as they focus on Jung Hoseok’s shares.”

“Jungkook, do we have the funding?” Namjoon puts down the glass of juice in front of Jimin.

“You can’t be serious,” Jungkook’s eyebrows raise. “We will set a target on our back!”

“I can make the purchases as anonymous as possible,” Jimin wipes his mouth, looking a little too awake for the middle of the night. “Which company?”

“Cut off the head, and the body will die,” I murmur.

“Min Yoongi. Go after Min Yoongi,” Namjoon agrees.

Something akin to guilt bubbles at the pit of my stomach.
 


Suga

“How do you know it’s not Byun Hana?” Jin’s jaw is visibly clenched, and I should have known that he would have been the hardest to convince. Regardless of whether Hana was guilty or not, Jin was the first to want to go after her.

And this, in his opinion, was the perfect opportunity.

“Even if it’s not, she wouldn’t hesitate to attack,” Jin shakes his head. “Don’t underestimate her. She doesn’t even know that Jeon Jungkook is being framed.”

Of course, Jin didn’t know the full story and how I had seen Hana in the middle of the night. Jin didn’t know anything about the situation, and so he thought my weak attempt to clear their side’s name was useless. After all, who else would be attacking us?

Hoseok runs a hand through his hair, oddly pensive and serious, and for good reason too. He was the one being targeted, and that meant that someone had something against him. That wasn’t unusual for any of us, but we usually knew which people in the industry opposed us.

Buying his stocks under someone else’s name meant that this was meant to be an unopposed challenge, or that someone wanted u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter