Two

Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you to unbroken for the amazing entries! The poster contest is still open and more details are under the chapter titled Memo 3/Poster Contest!


Suga


“But—”


“No.”


I don’t like the sight in front of me. And that sight is Kim Jongin, begging for a job and mercy. I have none left after Byun Hana’s actions at the beginning of this week, and especially none for Kim Jongin after his name and Hana’s public firing are plastered over every business newspaper in the country.


Thankfully, that activity had been flashy enough to cover up for the fact that she is now on the board of the company, and that buys me a bit of time for me to kick her out in one way or another. The simplest way would be to vote her off, especially because the majority of the board hates her. It would certainly get the job done, but there has to be a more poignant action that would threaten her business too.


But her actions have put me in a bad mood, because she’s backed me into a corner without realizing. I don’t have a way to fire back, and I don’t have an easy way to kick her off, especially because of the amount of attention she has gotten this week because of what she has done to Kim Jongin.


It’s only a matter of time that a stupider member of the board talks, letting others know that she had snatched a spot in the board and somehow connecting that my company is crumbling. She now has access to more files, but there’s nothing to hide in the company. I just don’t want her there.


Kim Jongin’s very existence irritates me, because his presence reminds me of what Hana did.


“I could be useful—”


“Park Chanyeol is more useful than you, and he has no functioning legs,” I sneer back at the man, who shrinks at my response. It doesn’t even help the fact that Park Chanyeol had called earlier, saying that he needed to talk to me.


I have too much on my plate. I want nothing more than to curl up under a mound of blankets and not come out for a very long time. Instead, I’m stuck in my office, dealing with people who are a disappointment.


“Get out of my office. I don’t want to see your face here again.”


Shakily, Kim Jongin rises to his feet, and I can tell that he’s about to open his mouth to try to ask for one more chance, but I’ve had enough.


“No means no. You are now worthless to me. Get out.”


He leaves with a humiliated expression on his face, eyes looking down at his dragging feet. I can breathe a little easier as he leaves me alone in my office. It’s quiet, but it’s not peaceful. No, there’s too many things to do for it to be peaceful. I have to figure out what I’m going to do with Lu Han. I have to figure out how to face Taehyung, Hoseok, and Jin, because I’ve been avoiding their calls. And I have to figure out just how many lies Byun Hana had told me.
 


Hana
 

My head hurts.


I groan, looking up to see Lay entering the office. His eyebrows are pinched together. “You’re stressed.”


“It’s part of my job description.”


“Go home.”


“I can’t.” I sigh, rubbing my temples. “So many people keep asking me about how I let Kim Jongin into the company anyway and how did he stay for several months without me knowing that he was sending information to Min Yoongi. Do you have any idea how close he could have been to finding out about the drug trials?”


“I like your scarf.”


“Exactly. I don’t know if he found out and Min Yoongi now knows—wait what?” I look up at Lay. He has a faint smile curving his lips up, and I can easily say that I do not understand.


“Your scarf. I haven’t seen it before.”


I glance down at the simple wool scarf that serves as a source of warmth, even though it’s not that cold in the office. Matter of fact, my coat that I had worn to work is layered in between my office chair and my skirt.


My fingers rub the material of the cloth around my neck, almost as if it’s a source of comfort. I ruined that friendship, but it had to be done. After all, that’s my job.


But that doesn’t stop me from reflecting on that night in the park, or our time with Ahyeon, or—


“Go home, Hana.” Lay urges with a quiet voice. “Your schedule for the rest of the day is clear anyway.”


I trust Lay’s judgement, so I sigh to myself, standing up and smoothing out the wrinkles on my coat from sittin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter