Two (e)

Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Suga


Taehyung takes a long, long sip from his coffee mug, and I can feel his eyes on me. He had been watching me without saying much for the last twenty minutes, and I can feel my patience wearing thin.


I sigh, “Taehyung, is there something you want to say?”


“What happened to you yesterday?” Taehyung tilts his head to the side slightly, his voice light and playful, a slightly amused smile spreading on his face.
 

“Nothing.” I dismiss his question with a low voice. I know exactly what he’s referring to, and I would prefer to ignore the topic completely. I go back to ruffling through the files.


We are crowded around a coffee table at Hoseok’s, looking through recent company records to find out why Jeon Jungkook and Byun Hana showed up at the ball last night. All we know is that they know about the blue flash drive, but we don’t know how or why.


“Well, I was under the impression that you were supposed to play Hana, not the other way around,” Taehyung tries to press the subject while I avoid eye-contact.


Hoseok chuckles, although I’m not sure why. I’m sure that everyone saw what happened last night. “Last night really wasn’t like you.”


“She dances with you, drags your thoughts away from work entirely, and then leaves you in the middle of the dancefloor to run off, hand-in-hand with Jeon Jungkook,” Taehyung recounts last night, and I really don’t remember anyone asking for the explanation.


But simply put, she was stunning and calculated, and something about that is attractive. The supposedly accidental brush against my lower half, the quiet gasps when I brushed my fingers against exposed skin, and the dress that revealed too much to be fair at just the right angles—which she was too good at using—meant that she was a dangerous woman. Usually things like that have no effect, but even I am human.


Jin balances his chin on his palm, “I really didn’t think that would happen.”


“But it did,” my voice is hoarse as I admit my mistake and I cringe.


Hoseok yawns, “You know, I thought if she would practically start a scandal, she would do it with you, Jin.”


“Funny, so did I.” Jin’s smile twists, giving away his thoughts as he lets his guard down. He is sensitive, but there is a reason that he is one of us. When it comes to protecting his own, there would be nothing in his way. Especially if it is Byun Hana.


“Was there anything successful about last night?” I groan. “I didn’t get a single thing out of her and Jeon Jungkook avoided everyone like the plague.”


“Actually, yes. She had nothing to do with the funding group mishap.” Jin mutters

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter