One

Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you to sooyoung2345 for the amazing entries! The poster contest is still open and more details are under the chapter titled Memo 3/Poster Contest! Speaking of posters, I've recently found out that people are downloading my posters without permission and I ask that this please stop. I don't feel comfortable with people using my works/creations without my permission, as my work has already gotten plagiarized several times and I would like all of my work/creations to stay on this site and in my own posession so I can monitor it. Please respect this. 


Suga
 

My hands shake as the meeting comes to an end. I am sure this is the first time that any of the board of shareholders have ever seen me affected by an issue, namely the issue sitting in the middle of the room and following along with the discussion.


The worst part of all? She’s blending in. She’s not making a fuss or arguing every step of the way, but going through the schedule and staying quiet. And in a way, that’s both better and worse, because she is well aware of how badly this reflects on me and my business acumen, and she isn’t even rubbing it in.


No, instead she snaps the folder shut right before the vote with a sigh, turning to someone who had been against the vote during the entire meeting, “Kim Myungsoo, right?”


The member of the board narrows his eyes back at her, similar to the stink-eye that I had sent her the entire meeting between bouts of panic.


“From my understanding, you own six percent of shares, and you think that you are well-versed enough in businesses. But I fail to understand how a man like you even got into business without knowing that the shareholder derivative suits occur from the inside of the corporation,” Her voice is scathing, and her eyes are intense enough to make him clear his throat in discomfort.


“Well—”


“Furthermore,” She continues, dismissing his attempt to rectify himself, “I believe that Min Yoongi probably kept you in place on the board as a sort of security measure rather than a constructive part of the company. It sounds like you’ve been a thorn in his side ever since, and he has been playing nice with you only because you own shares, not because you are important.”


The man turns red, and although Hana isn’t wrong, her words could ruin the stability of the board of shareholders. That isn’t to say that the stability isn’t already ruined thanks to her forcing her way into the room.


“All in favor of changing the legislation?” I clear my throat, hoping that my shakiness isn’t apparent in the tone of my voice. All the hands in the room go up, including the man who had been arguing against the change. “The decision is unanimous and will take place in the legislation starting today. The meeting is adjourned.”


The members of the board file out, and I turn away from the head of the table, trying to get myself under control. If word gets out, the stocks for the company would plummet because of the unforeseen nature of Hana buying them. She is a competitor, and if anything, alliances and joint work with any corporation or person playing Switzerland would find it better to work with her because of her confidence and hold on my company currently.


“Yoongi,” Her soft voice sounds soothing, but it makes my blood boil.


“Haven’t you done enough?” I snap back at her, not turning around. I’m not showing her just how frustrated I am as I shut my eyes. Her voice is making things worse.


“I—I just wanted to say that I’m sorry,” She sounds sincere, but I don’t know what’s fake and what isn’t anymore. So when I finally turn around, I see her looking down at her feet with a miserable and guilty expression before turning on her heel and leaving.


The door slams shut, and I watch the stock market throughout the day, feeling worse and worse as it closes at a negative for the company.
 


Hana


I feel sick to my stomach. Not because I walked into a shareholders meeting of a company that isn’t mine, but because halfway through the meeting, I had realized that everyone in the room was staring at me. I know exactly just how much of an impact this is going to have on Yoongi and the confidence of his board members. I know what residual effects I’ll have in his company.


And I did it anyway.


I step into Jimin’s car, which had been pulled up near the front of the main building where the meeting was held. His eyes are slightly bloodshot and he yawns as I quietly lock the seatbelt into place.


Jimin shifts the car to drive, “Are you okay?”


Of course he would be able to tell. And Jimin always asks the worst questions, because I simply close my eyes and turn toward the window, “Can we not talk about it?”


My guilt bubbles in the pit of my stomach as Jimin murmurs, “Namjoon wants updates and Jungkook wanted to drive you because I was tired. I just figured this would be most comfortable.”


I neither deny nor affirm his thoughts, because we both know he’s right. So to fill the silence, he presses play on his phone and connects the aux cord. My phone vibrates and I don’t even bother to look at the screen. I’m not in the mood.


It vibrates three times, four times, and then five before falling silent.


And then the music cuts off, and Jimin’s phone vibrates. He barely presses the button to accept the phone call before Lay’s voice echoes over the speaker, “Jimin, is Hana there?”


“I’m here,” I answer tiredly. “Lay, can it wait?”


“It can, but the compilation of our case on Kim Jongin is done. There is sufficient proof that he is working for Min Yoongi. How would you like to take care of it?”


“Fire him.”


“That much is obvious.”


“Fire him publicly. Call for the attention of the majority of the admin and higher-ups, and fire him by listing the proof of his allegiance to Min Yoongi.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter