One

Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

Hana


The rest of the holidays were tense. I was spending the time looking over my shoulder, seeing if the other side had finally come for my head and if Jimin was going to run out of patience.


He had given me a week. A week to explain to him what was going on, otherwise he would tell Namjoon and Jungkook what he had seen happening. And I had a feeling that what he saw was much worse than what was actually going on.


On the sixth day, right before New Year’s Eve, I sigh. Maybe I should tell him the truth, but there was something that nagged at me. Why would Jimin follow me? He had every ability to do so, but why would he actually do it?


It was an invasion of privacy.


That thought grows uglier and larger in my chest until I realize that I am fed-up tiptoeing around Jimin, and I bound down the stairs to his floor and open the door to find him tapping away at his laptop.


“What?” His voice is harsh, but after so many days of getting the same treatment, it has no effect on me.


“We need to talk,” My mouth settles into a harsh line.


“Then talk.”


“What do you think you saw?”


Jimin’s fingers pause on the keys, and he slowly shuts his laptop and puts it to the side, eyes narrowing, “I think I saw someone cheating on her fiancé. And talking to the other side when there is no reason to.”


“Jungkook’s not my fiancé,” I snap back immediately, to which Jimin raises an eyebrow. “But I suppose Min Yoongi does not know that.”


“Min Yoongi does not know that,” Jimin agrees, sitting back and running his fingers through his hair. “So I fail to understand what you were doing.”


“Remember that night I came back covered in blood?”


“How could I not?” It was a question, but Jimin’s tone didn’t make it sound like a question.


“That girl was the only survivor of the car accident, and the driver of her car crashed into Min Yoongi's vehicle.”


“If you weren’t involved in the accident, then why were you there?”


“Her mother died in my arms, Jimin!” My voice rises to a shout, and then I force myself to take a shaky breath. “She has no family left.”


Slowly, understanding starts to reflect in Jimin’s eyes, but not in his face, “And why was Min Yoongi there?”


“He feels responsible even though the other driver was at fault.”


“God damn it, Hana!” He bangs his fist against the table. “Hana, you can’t keep being around him!”


“Are you saying that I’m not capable of handling him?”


“I’m saying that you’re being reckless! What if you let anything slip?” Jimin exhales, trying to stay calm. “If our plans get messed up, you know what Namjoon and Jungkook will say?”


“They won’t say anything,” I hiss, “because I’ve already saved us multiple times. I’ve already led him in the wrong direction multiple times, and I will continue to do so and continue to play him if given the chance.”


“Maybe,” Jimin murmurs, chewing on the inside of his cheek. “But what happens if you mess up once?”


The question was a good one, and I know that if I point Min Yoongi in the right direction, that could lead to a cataclysm of events that eventually lead to all of our downfalls. And what then? Would I have any smart answers then?


“I’m not going to mess up,” I plop down on the couch next to him. “Do you trust me?”


“Always,” His voice is sincere, even after I had lied to him for so many weeks. “I just don’t trust Min Yoongi.”


“Only a fool would,” I agree, despite the nagging thought in my head that I would trust him, just as I had trusted him with Ahyeon in the past. But that was a completely different matter. “I didn’t tell you because I knew that if Jungkook and Namjoon knew, I would be done for.”


“I should tell them, or you should tell them.” Jimin’s mouth downturns. “One of us should...”


“But?” I arch an eyebrow at his pause.


“But I’m not going to, because you throwing off Min Yoongi outside of the office is a kind of stability position that we’ve never had before. So what we’re actually going to do is put our heads together and play with him,” Jimin’s smile curls into a smirk.


“We have a no warzone policy in the hospital,” I sigh. “I don’t know if that will be possible.”


“You’re Byun Hana. You’d be surprised at what’s possible.”
 


Suga


Ever since Park Jimin showed up in the hospital and Byun Hana ran after him, her visits to the hospital had gotten shorter. She came, but it was obvious that she had to be more careful. She hadn’t told anyone about Ahyeon, the same way I hadn’t.


That, somehow, made me appreciate her a little more.


Ahyeon would be discharged soon, and I didn’t know where she would go. It was clear that the elderly woman from before wasn’t her grandmother because I hadn’t seen her in the hospital room since then. Hana hadn’t seen her either.


Would she go to an orphanage? Neither Hana nor I would be able to take her in. It would be near impossible for either of us to make it work, and if we did, we knew that it would cut the other off from seeing Ahyeon.


There had to be a better option. Hana and I just hadn’t come up with one yet.


It was funny, really. When did I start taking her opinions into account? She was still dangerous, and perhaps even more so than before. The closer she got to me, the more likely she was to end up stabbing me when and where I least expected it.


And perhaps that’s why I wanted to get even closer, so I could twist that metaphorical dagger out of her hand when she tried.


“What’s been with you these days?” Hoseok drums his fingers on the coffee table, bringing me back to reality.


“Busy,” I shrug easily. And I was. I had actually been doing work in the hospital when Byun Hana hadn’t been around, which was growing. I scroll through my phone, finding the contact that I hadn’t named, just in case someone would look over my shoulder.


Contact 1


A funny way of naming Byun Hana. It didn’t describe her in the only way that her name would. Manipulative. Clever. Cunning. Fearless.


Stunning.


That last word would be the death of me.


I swallow again, bringing up a subject that was important but I had avoided, “Any news on Park Chanyeol?”


“Alive, but barely,” Taehyung whispers, voice lowering at the subject. “Yoongi, he’s your employee and he’s proven useful. Shouldn’t you go visit him?”


Taehyung had a fair point. Park Chanyeol was able to ruffle Byun Hana’s feathers, possibly like no other. They were quite similar, actually, in a way that couldn’t be described.


Wu Yifan had said that Park Chanyeol wasn’t who he pose

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter