Goodbye for now

I Just Want To Find Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Tzuyu POV

My mother got the doctor’s permission to leave the hospital. Despite my condition, I really wanted to spend some time with Sana and… to tell her what will happen. Because of my injury, any sudden movement might open my wound again the doctor suggested to limit and exertions of energy as much as possible. My Dad drove me home and arrived at my room, only to see that all of my stuff had been packed already and shipped already.

Tzuyu: So fast…

I sat down slowly on my bed laying there and looked at the ceiling… Sana… I really missed her voice so I decided to call her.

Ring Ring* Ring Ring*

Sana: Chewy-ah! Did you need anything?

Tzuyu: I just wanted to hear your voice. I miss you so much.

Sana: I missed you too… I wish I can see you right now.

We continue our conversation as it was, talking about our day and how much we wanted to see each other. I wanted to tell her what was going on… but I wanted to do it in person… I didn't want to run away anymore. So, I started to suggest something.

Tzuyu: Uhmm… I was wondering if I can spend some time with you today? At your place?

Sana: YOU'RE ALREADY BACK HOME??? I thought you had to stay for a week or so?

Tzuyu: My mom got special permission for me to go home if I don't move around a lot.

Sana: Mhmm then by all means come over!!! I missed you so much... I only just saw you yesterday but…

My heart sank when she said that… will she be able to stand the fact that I might go far away.

Sana: What's wrong Chewy-ah? You're awfully quiet??? Is everything okay.

Tzuyu: U-Uhh-mhmmm. I'm just missing you that all.

Sana: But I'm on the phone with you??? Are you sure everything's okay?

Tzuyu: Once I see you, I'll be okay. Sana-ah…

Sana: What is it Chewy?

Tzuyu: I-I- No matter what happens to me, I want you to know that I love you.

Sana: For some reason, this sounds a bit scary…

Tzuyu: Everything is fine I promise. We'll be together soon. I just feel...empty since you're not here by my side every minute I open my eyes.

Sana: Aww… Chewy

Tzuyu: I'll arrive at your place in a bit. I have to do a few errands first.

Sana: Mhmm alright! I'll cook us something to eat since I promised last time. Is there anything you especially want?

Tzuyu: Can I eat you?...

Sana: …

Tzuyu: Sana…?

Sana: … ert…

Tzuyu: Sorry… but whatever you make, I'll love it either way because it's you.

Sana: M-Mhmm OKAY. I'll see you when you arrive then!

Tzuyu: Mhmm okay my love. I'll see you and text you when I arrive.

 

After I hung up, I laid back down in bed thinking of what I should do and say. I wanted to be genuine and I wanted to make sure that I never leave her. My heart hurt everyone I knew about leaving her alone for this long. I thought about a promise ring to never leave her. And flowers to make her feel special. I decided on those two but I didn't know how to get it. Should I ask mother??? I wonder if she is busy. I then decided to go ask her and carefully walked over to mother’s office downstairs. I knocked on the door and went in when she allowed me to.

Ms. Chou: Come in.

I walked in quietly and bowed down.

Tzuyu: Mother, I was wondering if I can go buy some flower and a small gift right now, and whether you or dad is free to take me. If not, I can take the bus but I just at least want your permission out to buy it.

Ms. Chou: What's it for?

Tzuyu: A farewell gift for Sana.

My mother was quiet for a bit but then got up from her desk and got her coat and keys.

Ms. Chou: I'll drive since the doctor said you can't move a lot. Your father is busy taking care of Jae.

Tzuyu: Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mother started the car and helped me outside, seating me in the car properly. As I put on the seatbelt I had trouble reaching it because the pain shot up as I reached my hand to grab the seat belt. But as I was struggling I saw a hand reach over and grab the seatbelt and buckle me in.

Tzuyu: Thank you…

Mother: Speak up if you need anything.

It was a bit weird how my own mom was helping me like a kid. It's been awhile since she took care of me like this. I just sat there in the car staring at the window nervous and fiddling with my finger. But then mother spoke up.

Ms. Chou: Do you have any idea what to get Sana?

Tzuyu: I kind of do. I was planning on a ring.

Mother was quiet and the car was silenced again. But mother spoke up after a bit.

Ms. Chou: An engagement ring?

Tzuyu: I- Uhmm… I was just thinking a promise ring… and when I return… and when I prove myself, I plan to buy one myself and propose to her… if everything works out today I mean.

Ms. Chou: I-I see… then we should buy the ring first and get the flowers last.

I nodded my head and mother drove until we arrived at a jewelry store. As I exited the car I entered the store, amazed of how many rings there were. I walked around and looked at rings to see what might be best, and then I stumbled upon a ring that caught my eye. A ring that was silver for the band with tiny small diamond around it and a Light-blue Sapphire stone in the middle.

Ms. Chou: that's beautiful.

Tzuyu: M-Mom.

Ms. Chou: But it's an engagement ring.

Tzuyu: Are there any promise rings anywhere?

Ms. Chou: Well this place is only for engagement rings.

Tzuyu: Ma…

Ms. Chou: Well it's just an idea but why not get her a ring and have her wear it as a necklace. And maybe as you come back you propose with that ring.

Tzuyu: Ma… does this mean?

Ms. Chou: There was something about her that struck me. She was the first to actually go against my words but did it for you. I-I don't approve of this but if you plan to prove how serious you are to me in going, then you should just go all out.

Then mother turned around right away and looked the other way. From the corner of my eye I can see her ears being red. I chuckled a bit.

Tzuyu: I haven't spent time with you like this for years. Maybe over a decade.

Mother then slowly turned around and looked at me with astonishing eyes.

Tzuyu: I’ve always hated you and dad. Well just hated how you left me alone by myself a lot. I think it was also because of Sana that made me feel how important family was.

Ms. Chou: I- I never knew you felt this way.

Tzuyu: Well any child would, but I never wanted to express it since I just wanted a praise from you. All the things I did to quitting basketball and putting music behind before, I did all you told me so I can hear you say that I am a good daughter. That you were proud of what I did.

Ms. Chou: Tzuyu…

Tzuyu: I don't know why I'm saying this now but, I guess Sana changed me. She made me realized how no matter how much I hate you and dad, family is irreplaceable. You guys gave birth to me and without you, I wouldn't have been able to learn and grow or even exist. And meet Sana as well. So I guess, thank you for giving birth to me.

Mother was quiet and just looked at me. I smiled and then called for a worker to get some help.

Tzuyu: I think I'll take your advice and get this for her.

As I got the ring and paid for it, I had the worker package it up. I thanked them and began to make my way out. But before I exited mother called me.

Ms. Chou: Tzuyu!

I turned around and looked at mother.

Tzuyu: Is there something wrong?

A silent emerge and I was confused and I just stood there with my eyebrow raised wondering what is wrong.

Tzuyu: Mothe-

Ms. Chou: I've always been proud of you. I never said it because I was so used to it. You always brought the same expectations and I didn't know how to express it. I'm sorry.

I was shocked of this behavior. I was not like a mother at all.

Tzuyu: No joke… but you are scaring me right now. I have goosebumps hearing you being nice.

I then laughed because my mom pouted at me. And we both made our way out of the shop. Mother isn't as cold as she was before. Throughout the car ride I smiled thinking about it until we arrived at the flower shop. As I went in I was overwhelmed with the different types of flowers. I didn't know where to start or chose what is the best for Sana. Maybe I should ask for help.

Tzuyu: Mother? Do you know anything about flowers?

Mother: Uhmmm… well I used to organize flower bouquets and arrange them when I was young. I still sometimes do it in my spare time?

Tzuyu: Do you mind… helping me? I don't know flowers as much and I'm a bit on the tomboy side to understand flowers.

Mother was shocked and she then gave a warm smile, she never really shown this side to me at all. Mother then progressed to arrange the bouquet and as she was doing it, she was placing and considering everything carefully.

Ms. Chou: You know… I know it late but… can we start over, and fix things? Between you and me.

I was quiet not knowing how to respond and froze to replying right away. Mother then finish the bouquet and handed it to me then headed to the car. As I looked at it, it was beautiful. Colorful but light with all the pretty pastel colors with pops of color here and there to add character. I stood there thinking how to respond. I thought what she was doing is enough so I didn't know mother felt wanting to get close to me. I then paid for the flowers and made my way to the car. As I got in mother helped me in my seat since my hands were full.

Ms. Chou: Where is Sana’s place?

Tzuyu: She lived right across from our place in the big apartment complex.

Mother then drove and the ride was quiet. I didn't really like it since we were kind of talking earlier. It was actually enjoyable but now it was silent and a little awkward. I couldn't take it so I started to talk.

Tzuyu: Mother

Ms. Chou: Yes?

Tzuyu: I think what you did today made me happy and I appreciate it a lot. I thought you already started to fix things and… I don't know how to put things into perspective but we can go slow and fix things… together.

Mother smiled and then patted my head. As we arrived I texted Sana that I was downstairs and she rushed down not even talking a full minute.

Ms. Chou: Looks like she's here. I'll need you to be up by 8 a.m. the next day so I can pick you up for the trip. I'll text you in the morning to remind you.

Tzuyu: Yes mother…

I then exited the car putting the ring in my pocket and the flowers in my hand. I saw her and she was panting very hard and I walked towards her. Right away she hugged me and I hugged her back. I wave goodbye to mother and she made her way to the house. I then let go of the hug and handed her the flowers

Tzuyu: These are for you.

Sana held the bouquet and smelled it. Her warm smile appeared and her eyes were shining in radiance as the sun started to set behind her. You're so beautiful…

Sana: Thank you Chewy-ah. I absolutely love it!

She then walked up closer to me and tiptoed kissing me on the cheek. It sent a fluttering feeling to my stomach. I was happy but I wanted more.

Tzuyu: That's it…

I then pouted and pointed at my lips and closed my eyes. I waited and the next thing I knew, I got a slap in the arm…

Tzuyu: Ow!

I opened my eyes and saw Sana turned around with her back facing me instead.

Sana: … Baka…

Tzuyu: ???? Sana? I don't understand.

I walked close to approach her turning my head to peek at her face. It was bright pink and she was blushing. Super cute. I then smiled and kissed her on the cheek because her cheeks puffed up like a squirrel.

Tzuyu: Mianhe. I just wanted to tease you a little bit. I missed you a lot.

Sana then turned and stared me straight in the eyes. And then hesitated about to say something. She bit her lip and it was super tempting to just kiss her right then and there. But I knew she would be mad if I further. So, I just held her hand, smiled at her and kissed her hand.

Tzuyu: Princess, let's make our way inside.

I then started walking but I noticed Sana was still standing there. I was confused so I walked back and faced her.

Tzuyu: San-

Just let go of my hand and then tiptoed and kissed me on the lips, having one of her hands on my chest as support as she held the bouquet with the other. It was sweet and soft. I smiled through the kiss and I used my hand to caress her cheeks. After we parted I kissed her forehead and her eyes and then her nose. Then I pecked her lips again. I then placed my forehead on her’s and held her hand again.

Tzuyu: What was that for?

Sana: As much as I wanted to be alone with you and kiss you in our own private space… you tempted me too much…

I smiled and then kissed her forehead again.

Sana: Then let's go my princess.

Sana then smiled and led me to her place. As we arrived she immediately went to the kitchen and pulled out the vase. Placing the flower on the table first, she filled up the vase with water and then started to arrange the bouquet in it as I stood beside her watching do it.

Tzuyu: Do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter