An Opportunity

I Just Want To Find Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Sana POV.

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping and winced as a beam of sunlight hit my face. I slowly tried to get up but I then got pulled back down.

Sana: Ohhh… I spent the whole night with Chewy.

I smiled and placed my hand on her cheek, my thumb gently against it. I saw how she smiled and snuggled closer to my touch. ‘She is just so cute sometime’. I slowly pried my body away from Chewy and tucked her in making my way back to my room. As I entered the room I saw my mother and father sleeping on the chairs and couch next to my bed. I got my blanket from the patient bed and placed it on top of them, quietly and stealthy so they wouldn't wake up. ‘They looked really tired. I then got dressed outta my patient clothing and into the extra clothes that were in my bag. I then went out to the nearest convenience store to buy something to eat and Chewy as well. Just I was about to leave the facility I was stopped by someone and they didn't look happy.

Jeongyeon: Where do you think you're going? I thought I told you to stay put. Not to mention disappearing the whole night as I checked your room this morning before my rounds.

Sana: Ahh! Sorry I was with Chewy to check how she was. I know I know I wasn't allowed to, but I did it after my nap. Then I slept with her till now and I felt hungry. I hate cafeteria food… so I thought a small walk to the convenience store wouldn't hurt…

Jeongyeon: Sighh… at least check with me first…. if the other facility members found out, they would have panicked. Wait here so I can get my coat.

Sana: For what?

Jeongyeon: To go with you stupid. I didn't eat all night either so I guess I'll grab something too.

I just nodded and waited till she was back. As she came we left together to get some food. I got a few sandwiches for e and Chewy, but also got some for my parents as well. Before leaving I remembered to get some banana milk and melon milk to drink, along with some ice coffee and tea. Just before I paid Jeongyeon unnie stopped in front of me and gave them her credit card.

Sana: Unnie...

Jeongyeon: I'll pay so it wouldn't be suspicious.

Sana: Mhmm… bu-

Jeongyeon: No Buts!

After Jeongyeon paid for the food, we left the convenience store, and then walked back to the facility but I didn't want to go to my room yet since my parents may be sleeping. Just then Jeongyeon told me to follow her to the resting area outside, where they typically bring the patients out to get some fresh air.

Jeongyeon: Let's eat here since the weather today is nice.

Sana: mhmm… okay unnie.

I sat beside her and ate my food but I could feel the awkward tension between us.

Sana: Why… uhmm unnie… did you come with me.

Jeongyeon: No reason, I just felt like I should take care of you.

Sana: Why though…

Jeongyeon: Because you remind me of my bunny, Nayeon.

Sana: Ohh…

Jeongyeon: But also because I couldn't help but check how your feeling between the feud of emotion you must be experiencing.

I looked down and stopped eating leaving my sandwich untouched clenching the plastic casing around it.

Sana: I'm scared, that I won't lie… I love Chewy with all my heart but I just want to be accepted first. I was alone from my family and they're here. Both my father and Chewy’s mother disagree with who we are. I know that I should be the one to find my own happiness, but I can't bring the heart to disobey my own family, or see Chewy in pain as her mother scolds her and may possibly abandon her.

Jeongyeon then sat closer to be and patted my head bring my body close to her shoulder hugging my side.

Jeongyeon: Aigoo… don't put too much on yourself. As simple but hard as it sounds, just be with her. You'll know that without her you can't do anything, or well, you can't force to not love someone. If you force anything, then the opposite happens. If you stopped your relationship with Tzuyu, you would only yearn to be with her more, hurting yourself but also Tzuyu in the process. You never disobey your parents but instead, why don’t you try hard to convince them. If they don't agree, just don't give up. At the end of the day, you are the blood and love you parents have made and they can't deny your happiness if they even wanted to. They only want the best for you, but if you show that Tzuyu brings the best in you, then it should be worth it.

Sana: Was that what happened to you guys.

Jeongyeon: You can say that. But I guess you gotta say Dahyun stepped in again. I swear she is a scary human being. She had the courage and arranged with Nayeon’s parents for a meeting at their house and had me come along as she talks for the whole time. Nayeon was terrified and I was scared for her as well, making sure she doesn't get hurt. I was holding her the whole time in case her parents beat her up from Dahyun’s harsh ways and words. But what really happened surprised me.

Sana: Did her parents accept you guys?

Jeongyeon: Not right away. Sigh… they just stood quiet and walked back to their room leaving the three of us downstairs. But Nayeon’s dad came back a while later and pulled me in a room so we could have a talk. He said he won't accept me right away and I had to prove myself. And here I am, being here, working in his establishment and becoming the pride and joy of it.

Sana: Did he force you?

Jeongyeon: Nahh, I thought of it as a test to see if I can sacrifice for his daughter but I didn't mind. I planned to go in this career route anyways to support my sister, so this made me motivate myself more to become even more successful in the field.

Sana: And the whole marriage and fiancé part?

Jeongyeon: Nayeon convinced her parents as I was studying for the last 3 remaining years I had left in my master degree. I promised I would marry her but I still wanted their approval. Nayeon brought her parent over to my study and student clinician hours to see what I have done. And from there it was history.

Sana: Wow… that's all crazy…

Jeongyeon: But to me, I thought it was worth it. I could take care and protect Nayeon and be with her for the rest of my life. I never had a doubt in my heart after the incident to leave her again. And that goes for you as well, if you have any doubt then it's best to end it, but if you are sure you love her and want to be with her forever, then do what you can.

I listened to Jeongyeon and it gave me more hope to convince my father. I stood up and bowed my head to unnie and left.

Jeongyeon: Geez… that girl is so impulsive… but I guess she isn't doubting anymore.

Jeongyeon also got up and followed me as I made my way quietly back to my room noticing my parent awake and looking around the room.

Sana: Mama, Papa.

They heard my voice and ran towards me hugging me till I couldn't move at all

Ms. Minatozaki: WE THOUGHT YOU RAN AWAY… WE WERE WORRIED.

They then released me and looked at me from head to toe to see if any injuries appeared.

Sana: I'm okay, I just went with the doctor to get some breakfast, which reminds me, I bought you guys some sandwiches for breakfast. You guys are probably hungry.

Mr. Minatozaki: Where did you get the money to buy it?

Sana: The doctor paid for it but if she didn't then I would use the money I saved and worked for at my school to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter