I don't know what to do.

I Just Want To Find Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SANA POV:

The sounds of the sirens were resonated as we were driving through the traffic. I grabbed ahold of Chewy’s hands and the EMT workers here stopping the bleeding and regulate her breathing and pulse. I gripped her hand tighter as I saw the amount of blood that was escaping from her wound. Internally I was crying. ‘I was the cause of this.’ ‘I was the one that should be hurt not you.’ We then arrived at the hospital and many doctors and nurses rushed out to transport Chewy’s body to Emergency room for her surgery. I decided to go along and rush to Chewy’s side but was denied access to enter, leaving me to sit outside of the operating room praying that she would be all right. Just then, one of the EMT personnel came up to me and sat next to me.

EMT worker 1: Ma’am I need to examine you since you have a wound on your head.

Mentally I didn’t want to since Chewy’s was all I had in my mind but then the EMT worker sat close to me and whispered in my ear.

EMT worker 1: I know that your girlfriend is in critical condition and I don’t think she would like it if you were injured since she did do as much as she can to protect you. I promise I will make the checkup happens quickly and possibly that way your girlfriend can be relieved that you are safe after she becomes conscious again.

Sana: Thank you…

EMT Worker 1: I know how you feel and I’m sorry for how I addressed you earlier but in this field, I have to make sure everything is efficient and done professionally. I understand how you feel since I wouldn’t like it if the person I love is in a critical state.

I nodded my head shyly and smiled but also had tears in my eyes. The EMT worker gave me a tissue and proceeded with my check-up. She tested my thinking function and made sure I was I wasn’t having trouble with my memory. Then she shined this light in my eyes and during this process the worker explained that it was to see my optic nerve response dilating.

Sana: Can I get your name? I feel that it was awfully rude of me if I didn’t ask.

Jeongyeon: Jeongyeon. Yoo Jeongyeon. And yours would be Minatozaki Sana correct?

Sana: But how? I never told you my name.

Jeongyeon: Well for starters the staff gave me the information of the patient we have in the EMT ambulance and the other source is from Ms. Kim, or should I saw my old friend Dahyun who texted me to check up on you as well. Even right when we arrived at the hospital, she called and immediately asked for the status of the situation. Such a demanding person… But if it wasn't for her, I wouldn’t be able to be with the person I love and care. Just how you can’t get enough of your little Chewy.

Sana: Her name is actually T-tzuyu but it is a bit hard for me to pronounce so she said I am the only one she let call her Chewy…

Jeongyeon: Yah~ such young love.

Sana: Anyway, can I ask who your lover is and how you guys got together?

Jeongyeon: You sure ask a lot… But I guess I can, since you have the same eyes and passion like my bunny.

Sana: Bunny?...

Jeongyeon: Oh shoot sorry, Nayeon, my lover, my soulmate and my soon to be wife, also the other EMT worker that was with me at the scene and ambulance. I call her bunny because of how she resembles one.

Sana: I see… Chewy said that I look like a squirrel and she always refers me as one too

Jeongyeon: Wow I really like the Chewy girl.

Sana: I like her too. I love her to the point that I miss her embrace and warmth she gives me.

Jeongyeon: You really do remind me of Nayeon… It’s almost creepy…

Sana: Can you tell me how you guys met? And is it okay if I call you Unnie…

Jeongyeon: It’s a bit long but do you mind listening to my long sappy story? Unnie? I mean I guess?

Sana: I love stories and especially happily ever after ones. But what made me really want to hear your story is that I feel like I am comfortable talking to someone who maybe have went through what I have. Not to mention the fact that I can ask you for advice like how a little sister would. Since I was an only child

I smiled and I can see Jeongyeon Unnie smiling too and she patted my head.

Jeongyeon: I guess you can say it was love at first sight. From the moment, she bumped into me and to the fact that I would do anything I can to make her happy. Even if it means risking mine.

Sana: This really sound like my story…

Jeongyeon POV: As she finished saying that, she looked sad, the more I look at her, the more she reminds me of my Nayeon. I scooted closer and patted Sana-ssi head. The response that I get, how she softens up and calms down. It was so reminiscent…

Jeongyeon: I met Nayeon in high school, the same one you attended. I know you maybe be thinking that Twice High is only known for Entertainment and performing arts but behind that, the hidden gem is that it also has an accelerated medical program. I transferred in and live with my sister after a family conflict. My sister and I fled the house since I was 10 and when she was 13, where we would make ends meet working part time jobs to pay for a room we rented from a nice old couple. I would focus on my schoolwork and nothing else, accelerating in what I do to hopefully one day, make a good living for both my sister and me. My sister is an Actress now and she supported me throughout the whole way. So, I felt that I owed a lot to her. The reason we fled the house was due to the abuse my father and mother did to me. Hurting people and relieving their anger from work on me and my sister. I remember the first day when I transferred and made my way to class, a girl bumped into me as she dropped a stack of notebooks.

Sana: That happened exactly to me when I bumped into Chewy. I dropped a huge stack of books and textbook

Jeongyeon: HAHAAHAA YOU BOTH ARE SO CLUMSY.

Sana: UNNIE…. PLEASE…

Jeongyeon: But anyways, I helped her pick up the notebook and all I could hear from her where ‘I AM SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE ME’ etc. etc. But as I was about to pick up the last notebook, she accidently picked it up too, having our hand touch. I looked up and when I did, I looked into her eyes. Never in my life did I ever would have imagined, an angel standing in front of me. It was love at first sight or well I didn't realize it at that moment. I helped her carry the notebook to the other classroom and she immediately hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. Then ran away. Sooner or later I found out that I was transferred to her class the very morning.

Sana: Wow… Love at first sight? But wait, where does Ms. Kim come in.

Jeongyeon: Well you see, Dahyun was Nayeon best friend and as I hung out with Nayeon, or well Nayeon inviting me to everything and dragging me everywhere with her, Dahyun and I became acquainted. We even team up to tease Nayeon. But I remembered when she got confessed by a guy in our class. I didn’t know what to think of it. I felt confused and I felt hurt. I felt that I lost a best friend, but most of all, I felt that I could have been the better lover for her, since there were a lot of rumors and news that he was a player. I would watch her from afar just to make sure she was okay and at time I would confront that guy too to make sure he wouldn’t harm her at all. I began to distance from her and it dragged on until Senior year of high school. During those times, in between I distanced myself to the point that I stopped hanging around her. I always vented to Dahyun about how I felt and she even figured me out on how much I still loved Nayeon. I assumed she was still dating that guy and thought she was happy. But I was just too afraid to face her knowing that maybe I might not be the one that makes her happy.

Sana: Unnie…

I felt sad because I was wondering if that was how Chewy would have felt through all the times with Richard. If unnie felt this way falling in love with her best friend, that what are the chances that chewy would feel this way too.

Jeongyeon: Yah… There is nothing to cry about. I chose this one myself and the only person I can blame is the coward that makes me who I am. It seems to me that your little girlfriend has gone the same path that I was. But to me, I think she is much stronger and direct than how I would be.

Sana: But how…

Jeongyeon: Dahyun again. I mean come on… She isn’t the dumb one. She realizes things first before it even escalated into this mess. She probably knew all about how chewy felt and how you felt too. She a great person and well… She always had a kind eye in watching over people, making her such a great teacher. She was the first person to figure me out as well too so it isn’t a surprise that she knew what was up between you and Tzuyu.

Sana: How did she help you guys out? Was she like the fairy godmother that made you guys meet?

Jeongyeon: Fairy Godmother??? What are you 7 years old?!

Sana: Don’t judge my fairy tales.

Jeongyeon: Okay fine fine and yes I guess you can say she sort of was… But it was more like a Devil's work dragging both me and Nayeon by the ear to her secret hiding place in the school garden. She made us talk and threatened to punch the both of us if we didn’t…

Sana: She sounds scary….

Jeongyeon: Oh, believe me… If you get her mad… You are in for a bad dream the day after. She knows how to karate chop you good due to her background growing up in a martial arts family. But despite that, she always had a warm heart and hated how much pain we were both in after all those year. I still remember like it was yesterday

Flashback 10 years of present:

Jeongyeon: Dahyun-ah… why did you drag me here and why must I talk to her? Things are fine just the way you are.

Nayeon: I don't know what you are talking about and I have no clue why I am here. There is nothing between me and that ostrich.

Jeongyeon: EXCUSE ME?! OSTRICH?!WHY YOU LITTLE SELFISH INCONSIDERATE BUNNY!

Nayeon: WHAT DID YOU SAY!!?

Dahyun: BOTH OF YOU STOP RIGHT THIS INSTANCE OR I WILL KARATE CHOP THE BRAINS OUT OF YOU TWO IF YOU GUYS DON’T LISTEN.

Jeongyeon & Nayeon: Yes ma'am…

Dahyun: I'M SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR GUYS’ RATING TO ME BACK AND FORTH ABOUT ONE ANOTHER AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE FUNNY THINGS IS? BOTH OF YOU GUYS LOVE EACH OTHER TO THE POINT YOU ARE BLINDED AT WHAT'S IN FRONT OF YOU ALL THIS TIME. YOU OVERCOMPLICATED THING, YOU HURT EACH OTHER, YOU GUYS CREATE A BARRIER OF MISUNDERSTANDINGS THAT PUSHED YOU GUYS FARTHER AWAY, WHICH SHOULDN'T EVEN OCCUR IN THE FIRST PLACE. OPEN YOUR EYES AND TELL EACH OTHER HOW YOU ING FEEL AND GET THE TRUTH OUT ON WHAT YOU ACTUALLY WANT TO SAY TO FIX THIS . Jeongyeon you start now.

Jeongyeon: ME?! WHY?!

Dahyun: Cause the story first starts with you. Now say what you feel or I'll do it instead, making it more embarrassing for you

Jeongyeon: Fine...Uhmmm… I don't know where to even start...I guess I should start in the beginning… From the moment, I first laid eyes on you...I fell in love with you. I never realized that at first, but when that guy asked you out during our freshmen year, I felt pain all over. From my mind to my heart. I just felt like I wasn't good enough for you. When I heard rumors of you guys dating, all I could feel is sadness. It was like my heart being shattered to a million of pieces. I knew I wanted to be happy for yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter