The Beginning

The Scammer and The CEO

Woohyun’s POV

 

               Ughhh why my head is pounding so bad right now? I lift my head and squint my eyes at the sudden blinding lights. It took me some times to adjust my vision and my eyes scanned the abandoned room or hall around me. What is this place? I tried to move my body but felt like my movement was restricted. I glanced to my body and saw the thing that was restricting my movement. It took me some times to realize the situation I was in.

 

 

             They caught me

 

 

             My eyes widen at the realization and I started to trash and wiggle on the chair that I was tied to, hoping that the bound will loose itself on my body. There was no one else in the room and I want to yell for help.

 

 

“HMMPHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!”

 

 

 

              They taped my mouth too? Oh my god what should I do right now?

 

 

 

              My heart palpitated and sweats trickled down my forehead as I realized the danger I was in. I feel so lightheaded right now and my pupils can’t seem to focus anymore. Although my hands were bounded, I could feel them shaking and getting wet from the cold sweat. This is my problem, although I’m a psychology student, I was never good in controlling myself when I’m in great stress especially when I know what kind of danger awaiting me. My professor told me that I always think too much to get out of the situation that makes me even more stressed. Until now, I couldn’t fix my flaw and it gets worse each and every time.

 

 

 

              This is the second time in my life that I panicked. I was pretty much normal or should I say blessed, before my dad died. But the accident that took my dad’s life away decided to mess up my life. The only reason I studied psychology is because I want to fix myself. The trauma that left great scar in my head just seems hard to remove even though my mother had spent all of her money sending me to uncountable therapy classes.

 

 

 

               My dad died when I was in high school. It was during school break, our family decided to go for a holiday in some rural area. I was sitting at the backseat of my dad’s Honda City with my phone in my grasped and earphone plugged in my ears. The music was blasting in my ears that shut me out from the outer world. I was humming along to the music when suddenly a loud honk and blinding lights appear in front of our car in high speed.

 

 

 

                I can only hear my mom’s scream and suddenly I saw my world was flipping few times and fall into the black pitch cliff. The car however hadn’t stopped and zoomed into the river. Water starts to flood into our car I panicked. I can’t swim! I saw that my mom was not in the car, only me and my unconscious dad. The front of the car sunk in further and my father’s head was fully in the water. But the water level keeps on rising as the car sank further into the river. I panicked. I didn’t know what to do. My hands are frozen and my mouth was shut tightly.

 

 

 

                 The water level keeps on rising to my chin and my breath become short as most of the spaces in the car were flooded limiting the air supply into my lungs. I took a deep breath as the car has fully sunk in and cut off all of my air supply. I was holding my breath as long as I can and watched my father’s body jerked a few times before he stopped and laid there motionless.

 

 

 

                I was afraid to die. My face starts to turn blue at the lack of oxygen. “Bump bump”. I looked to the left and saw a man tried to break the window with a stone. I started to lose my vision every second. I can’t hold my breath any longer and the last thing I remember was the sound of ambulance sirens and my mother’s cries.

 

 

 

               I woke up three days after the accident on the hospital bed. The first thing that I ask when I saw my mother’s teary face is about my dad. Mom said dad didn’t survived and went to heaven. I couldn’t utter any words after the information had sunk in my head. Only my tears and choked sobs that was heard in the room.

 

 

 

                 I fell deep into depression. My mom had sent me to therapy classes but I didn’t improve much. I’ve finished my high school by the time the therapy sessions ended. I was accepted to continue my studies in KAIST taking Psychology Course in hope to cure myself. That is when I met Sungyeol and Howon. They were my roommates and had they been best buddies since they were little. Apparently they were cousins and that explained their closeness. They introduce me to the scammers’ world as soon as they knew that I took classes in psychology. At first, they want to take advantage of my ability to hypnotize people. But after few weeks spending time with them, I found out that I finally had stop dreaming about the accident. They pull me out of my fear and trauma. I have to admit that I personally enjoy doing dirty works with them. We just clicked together. And even after we graduated, we decided to buy an apartment in Seoul and live together until now.

 

 

“He’s inside sir”

 

 

 

                  My head snapped towards the voice.

 

 

                  The leader of the gang steps inside the hall followed by three rough and huge looking men. They steps aside to give way to a tall handsome man dressed in black designer suit. It’s him! I widen my eyes when the man made eye contact with me. His eyes are cold and dark. It’s like looking into the demon’s prince eyes. I just keep on staring at him in his eyes as if I was trapped behind that fiery gaze. The man came into a halt and was now standing in front of me.

 

 

 

“I would like to have some private time with this rat right now”

 

 

              The guards bowed down at his request and leave the hall. They were alone now.

 

 

              He still didn’t remove his gaze from me and I was still staring at his feature. I studied his face; the sharp jawline that looks like it can give a cut and thin lips that was stretched into a smirk that makes him looks y af. His nose is as high as the Kim Corporation’s building and his eyes; small yet so dark and cold completing his looks that screams confidence.

 

 

             I haven’t finished studying him. My eyes move to his broad shoulder and wide chest; they look so comfortable to sleep on… wait what the ! I don’t want to sleep on this devil’s shoulder. I shook my head and move towards his crotch. I nearly chocked and the obvious bulge. It appears to be huge because of his fit attire.

 

 

“Done checking me out Jung Sangwoo… or should I call you Nam Woohyun?”

 

 

              Oh lord, even his voice is deep and y.

 

 

             I didn’t say anything as my mouth were taped. I just look into his face and blink.

 

 

            He raised his hand and rested in on top of my hair; fixing my messy bangs. My breath hitched and I shut my eyes when he without warning yanked my head backwards by grabbing a chunk of my hairs. He was gripping it so hard that my eyes were starting to get teary. He turned my head few times as if he was checking my face out.

 

 

“What a waste of such pretty face”

 

 

             His grip on my hair loosens and finally the hand was back on his side. I let out a relieved breath.

 

 

            He crouched in front of me to reach my eye levels

 

 

“I give you two options; first, you sign the form that my lawyer will provide and second, you die”

 

 

               Dying has never been in my bucket list but marry him?! Didn’t he want to get revenge? Why would he marry me? I don’t want to marry this devil but I don’t want to die either.

 

 

“So, what’s your answer?”

 

 

"…"

 

 

“Oh, silly me” he let out a chuckle

 

 

                Congratulations on realising that dumb shank 

 

 

 

I hissed when he ripped the tape from my mouth and threw in on the floor. ! I glare at him as hard as I can.

 

 

 

“Talk”

 

 

 

This man is hot but he’s definitely the worst among s. I keep my glare on him and spat on his face.

 

 

He didn’t flinched but I could see his fists and mouth tightens. He stands up from his previous position.

 

 

“So you want to play the hard way?”

 

 

                He didn’t give some time to process what he was saying and already swung his hands on my cheek. My head turned sideways from the impact. My ears were ringing and my cheek stung.

 

 

“Guard!” He yelled

 

 

              The guards from earlier enter the hall and meet their boss

 

 

“Show him”

 

 

                 One of the guard nods went outside

 

 

                 He took out a handkerchief from his pants pocket and wiped the spat off his face

 

 

 "This might put some sense into you thick head"

 

 

         I frowned at his statement clearly confused

 

 

                 Few minutes later, the same guard arrived but there was a suspicious looking tablet in his hand. The guard scrolled something and shoved the tablet in front of me

 

 

A video chat?

 

 

               He pressed play and the video started. My eyes were bulging as I saw a very feminine figure that was hanging some clothes outside her house. The video looks like it was taken from far. That was not all, the camera suddenly move and show a man in black hoodie holding a sniper. It was obvious that the sniper was pointing to my mother judging by the red dot on the back of my mother’s head. Yes, that woman is my mother. Although I can only see her back but I still can recognized her.

 

 

                I can feel my blood boiling

 

 

 

“YOU ING !!! LEAVE MY MOTHER ALONE COWARD!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

“Well well,that’s not how you talk to someone that hold your mother’s life right?

 

 

“What do you want er”

 

 

“Just answer my question; first or second? I give you 60 seconds or she will…”

 

 

               He made a finger gun and mimicked a gun shooting something

 

 

               Oh my god…what should I do right now…he got my mom and her life depends on me

 

 

"Time's up"

 

 

                I’m sorry mom but I have to do this

 

 

 

 

I will marry you” I whispered

 

 

“What did you say?”

 

 

“I will marry you” I said a little louder

 

 

“Huh?”

 

 

“I WILL ING MARRY YOU!!!” I yelled and huffed in anger

 

 

“Untie him”

 

 

                 The guard took out a knife and cut the ropes

 

 

                   A piece of paper and a pen then was shoved into my face

 

 

“Sign this form and you are officially my wedded husband”

 

 

               I took the pen with my trembling hand and dropped my signature at the bottom of the page

 

 

             The paper was snatched from my hand and I stayed there. Limp.

 

 

“Now, that wasn’t so hard right?”

 

 

“What about my mother?”

 

 

“Spared”

 

 

              He then proceeds to leave the hall and gives some order to the head of the guards.

 

 

“Bring him to my house”

 

 

“Yes sir”

 

 

               Two guards held me by my arms and dragged me out into the black van. I have no energy to fight because of my situation right now. I’m someone’s husband now.

 

 

              Married to someone against my will.

 

 

 

A/N: Chapter 7 is up!!! This chapter was meant to be post earlier but I fell asleep while I was editing this chapter. I finished editing this chapter in late night and I’m so tired. But your support help boosts my energy to post this chapter! Please enjoy and don’t forget to leave feedbacks!! XOXO, Hunny.