House-husband

The Scammer and The CEO

 

Woohyun’s POV

 

Hmm he might be a meanie but he surely cares for me. I mean he doesn’t treat me harshly or abusing me with verbal words emotionally except for his ert attitude that keeps getting on my nerves. I guess it would be fair if I treat him a little nicer. I can’t blame myself for my rudeness. I grow up this way. If he can’t accept me the way I am then, he can just let me go and sign a divorce paper. But for now, I will do my responsibility as a house-husband since I don’t know how much time will it take for me to recover my memories.

 

I opened the refrigerator and I grabbed anything that can be used to cook. I should ask him for some grocery shopping because it’s empty as for such a huge refrigerator.

 

“Hmmm let’s see… eggs, kimchi, carrots, cucumber and leftover rice… that’s all? Ugh! What can I cook with such ingredients?!”

 

I can only make kimchi fried rice with this stuff. Oh and maybe egg rolls too. I think that’s enough for a lunch right?

 

I took out a frying pan from the lower cabinet and put it on the stove. I threw the ingredients into the pan and stir fry them. I add some salts and pepper. I didn’t put seasoning in homemade foods because I like it healthy and nutritious but don’t worry, I still love takeouts and McDonald’s. I threw in the rice and stir everything with the spatula.

 

I turn off the fire and proceed to make some coffee for breakfast. Did he like it bitter or sweet? Hmm let’s just do it the way I like. I was focusing on brewing my coffee when suddenly a cough startled the out of me. I jumped and the hot coffee spill a little bit and almost burnt my hand. He saw it and rushed to check on my hand. He flipped it a few times to find any burnt but there were none. I was stunned for a moment as his hands tenderly hold mine and I just can’t get enough of the warmth from his hand embracing my hand.

 

I didn’t mean to say that words to him, I just…flustered and I don’t want him to see that side of me yet. Not until we knew each other long enough. For now, I would like to keep the distance between us. This whole messed up things are just too complicated for me and I need time. How long? Enough.

 

I almost laughed when he glared at me after I rejected his gesture. It’s not like the angry look he gave me, It’s just… he looks sulky and rejected. The pout made by his lips makes me want to kiss… what the ! No No No. I don’t want anything from this ert.

 

He was about to leave but I told him to drink first. He can’t go to his office with an empty stomach. Not if I’m still here as his husband. He sat down and took a sip of his coffee. Did he like it?

 

His lips twitched and his eyebrows furrow. Is it bad?

 

“Did you put the whole packet of sugar inside this coffee?”

 

Ouch. I don’t know why but there’s a pang in my heart when he said that. I usually doesn’t took it into heart when my mom or my dad criticized my food but now… sigh

 

“Too sweet? Don’t drink if it doesn’t suit your expensive taste buds”

 

I reached to take the cup from him but he beats me into it and drink it in one go. But he said it’s too sweet!!!

 

“I don’t have sweet tooth for your information but if it’s made by you, I will finished them”

 

I can’t help but blushed at his statement. this! He successfully turns the almighty manly Woohyun into a blushing high school girl. I hope he doesn’t notice it.

 

“W-whatever”

 

“Oh my, are you being shy right now?”

 

“S-shy?! I don’t even know what shy means”

 

Suddenly he took out his wallet and slides out a black premium card and hand it to me

 

What’s this for?

 

“I will ask my driver to pick you up and accompany you to buy anything you need from the mall. Clothes, phone, toiletries and…”

 

“And?”

 

He went closer to me and whispered

 

“Some y nightwear”

 

I unconsciously slapped his chest and glared at his ert statements

 

He just laughed and walk out of the kitchen

 

“I might be early tonight and have dinner at home!!!”

 

Oh, maybe I should by some groceries and cook something for dinner. I will ask him later what he wants to eat

 

I sat down and was about to take a sip from my coffee when I suddenly remembered the lunch box that I already packed for him on the counter

 

I heard the engine roars and rush outside. I didn’t have time to wear my slippers and chase after his car before he leaves the gate. The car came into a halt and Sunggyu rolled down the window. I passed him the paper bag filled with lunchbox and turn on my heels leaving him dumbfounded. Don’t misunderstood; I don’t want him to see my blushing face right now because hey, who was expecting someone that curses you just now in the morning suddenly gives you a nicely homemade lunchbox.

 

I shut the door behind me and took a deep breath to calm my red face. I hope he likes it. I went to the kitchen and eat the leftover kimchi fried rice. I will change into something decent from Sunggyu’s wardrobe. I hope he have smaller clothes so that it won’t look baggy on me.

 

I put my dishes into the sink and left it there. I will clean it later. I walked upstairs and slides open the closet. I look everywhere for any smaller clothes but couldn’t find any except for a separate wardrobe that looks like it belong to someone else. Did he have a lover besides me? All this clothes looks expensive. Not like his other clothes are cheap but it surely doesn’t look like something that my husband wears. They were too trendy and stylish. And the sizes are also the same like me just a little bit smaller. I can fit into the clothes perfectly. Maybe the denim shorts is a little bit tight and reach up to above my knee but it only makes my appears perky and I don’t mind showing off my skin and assets. I paired it with a black polo shirt that hugs my lean body perfectly. I like it.

 

After I was done styling my hair with Sunggyu’s hair gel, I went to wait for the driver that’s gonna pick me up. I was waiting for about 5 minutes when I heard a car honked from outside. It must be the driver. I took Sunggyu’s black card and shut the door behind me.

 

“Beep”

 

The sounds of the digital door lock resonated in my ears. And something clicks in my head. I don’t know the passcode and Sunggyu didn’t give me any keys.

 

Whatever. I will just ask him later.

 

I went to the car and a man a little bit taller than me with a dinosaur face steps out of the car and opened the back door for me. Ah, I wasn’t comfortable with this treatment.

 

“That’s okay, I will just sit in front beside you”

 

“No sir, I insist. Sunggyu will be mad if he finds out that you sit in front”

 

Aishh I don’t want this guy to get yelled by the hamster, so I just obeyed him and sit at the back. He closed the door went to the driver seat.

 

It was very awkward inside the car except for the soft music coming from the radio. I want to have a conversation with him but I’m the type of person that doesn’t initiate a conversation and doesn’t speak unless someone started it first. I sighed and lean over the back seat.

 

There was a heavy traffic to the shopping mall. It was frustrating. I leaned closer towards the window and watch the view outside. Why the heavy traffic?? The road was pretty large with 5 lanes and there’s still traffic jam? The car was moving at the speed of 10 km/h. I was looking outside the window when suddenly I heard sirens coming from police cars.

 

What happened?

 

A police on motorbike passes by besides my car followed by series of ambulance and fire trucks.

 

As we got closer, I can see now two cars at the roadside upturned, totaled and smokes coming out from both cars. It looks bad. I can see a bloody arm peeking out from under the car.

 

“Ahhh!”

 

I clenched my head as it starting to hurt and my ears ringing loudly. A flash of scene where me in a car with my parents. We flipped over a few times. Then, it skipped to my dad taking his last breath under the water. The sounds of sirens from outside triggered something in my head and it hurt so bad.

 

“…ir!..Sir! Are you okay?!”

 

I looked at the driver and the pounding in my head slowly dissipated and I replied to him everything was okay now. He wants to make a turn and cancel the shopping trip but I prevent him to do that because I really need to buy my own clothes. I can’t keep borrowing Sunggyu’s clothes. Furthermore, the mall was already in sight.

 

The driver park the car and I stepped outside once he killed the engine.

 

“Are you sure that you are okay?”

 

I just nod and give him a genuine smile. He was totally worried about me

 

“Let’s go”

 

I was strolling around the mall with Dongwoo following from behind me. Not too close. As I walk into a designer shop, I noticed that all the workers stare at me. I don’t mind the girls but the males stare were totally uncomfortable to me. Especially this one male assistant that keeps on following me everywhere inside the shop with hungry eyes. I decided to ignore him and continue looking for a jacket.

 

“Excuse me”

 

I called out for one of the workers

 

“What can I help you with, beautiful?”

 

I was hoping that another worker will assist me but why must him? And he totally doesn’t mind openly flirting like that

 

“Do you have a smaller size for this jacket?”

 

“Yes we do. Please take seat while I take it for you” he winked

 

He freaking winked? Doesn’t he know that I’m ing married?! Look at my ring... oh I don’t have a ring…

 

I suddenly felt sad when I realized about it. Is our marriage a secret? Don’t we have a ceremony? That explains why I don’t remember having a boyfriend. Who is Sunggyu…

 

My thoughts were interrupted with a hand on my shoulder; lightly squeezing it

 

“Sir? This is your jacket”

 

“A-ah okay”

 

I paid for the jacket and left the shop

 

I went to buy so many clothes that I eventually forget about the incident inside the car earlier. Dongwoo’s both hands were full of my shopping bags. Oh, we apparently talked to each other while shopping and he told me his name. He already knew mine. Probably from Sunggyu. There’s one more thing that I still haven’t bought. A phone. We stepped into a phones store and I went to the displays. The new jet black iPhone 7 caught my eyes and I immediately ask for the assistant. She gladly took out a brand new box and opened the seal for me to inspect it. I confirmed my purchase and handed her the card. I don’t know how much I spend but who cares, my husband can afford these. I also bought a new number. The first contact that I put in it is my parents’ number as they were the only phone numbers that I memorized.

 

“Clothes, groceries, phone, toiletries… check. Let’s go Dongwoo”

 

By the time we reach home, it is already lunch hour.

 

“The pass to the door is 0802. Sir Kim told me to tell you the pass as he forgets to do so.”

 

I thanked him and he left the house. It was only me again. In this huge house, alone.

 

I was too lazy to cook so I ordered takeouts and once again, paid with Sunggyu’s credit card.

 

After my lunch, I took all the shopping bags to the bedroom and put it in the closet. I arranged my new clothes into an empty wardrobe across Sunggyu’s.

 

I was so tired and my stomach is already full. I set the alarm on my phone so that I won’t oversleep and forget to cook dinner.

.

 

.

 

.

“Beep Beep Beep”

 

I groaned and turn off the alarm. I stretched my body and head to the bathroom to wash my face.

 

I checked my phone and notice that it was almost dinner time and Sunggyu might arrive shortly. An hour I guessed?

 

That’s enough time for me to cook. I went to the kitchen and took out the ingredients that I bought earlier from the fridge.

 

Hmm what he wants to eat? I want to ask him but I don’t have his number. Whatever let’s just cook Samgyetang and Kimbap .

 

 

 

No One’s POV

 

Woohyun was passionately cooking for the dinner when suddenly the sounds of door lock being opened makes him stop to glance at the guest.

 

“I’m home! What’s this good smell?”

 

It was Sunggyu and he already steps into the kitchen only to be greeted by his husband’s back stirring something in the pot.

 

Woohyun turn around to see his husband but his hand still stirring the Samgyetang

 

“Dinner will be ready in 15 minutes, you should change. You smell like someone that works in the barn”

 

Woohyun said with a smirk

 

Sunggyu just glared at Woohyun because he came home from work and was greeted with an insult.

 

“Like you smell any better”

 

Woohyun rolled his eyes and turn back to his cooking while Sunggyu went upstairs and freshen up

 

After 15 minutes, Woohyun was done preparing for their dinner and was now scrolling down his twitter on his newly bought phone while waiting for Sunggyu at the dining table

 

“Ah I’m so hungry…”

 

“Oh you’re here”

 

Woohyun apparently were too engrossed in scrolling down his twitter that he did not notice Sunggyu already settled down in front of him.

 

Woohyun locked his phone and prepared the foods on Sunggyu’s plates and for himself.

 

Woohyun wait for Sunggyu to take a bite to see his reaction. There were an amused look adorned his handsome face and Woohyun was satisfied with the reaction. Obviously Sunggyu likes the food.

 

“Is it good?”

 

“A bit salty but overall it’s good. You can improve”

 

Woohyun pout slightly but he was proud that Sunggyu finished up his food. He himself had to admit that it was a bit salty but still delicious.

 

“I’ll do the dishes”

 

“Hm? Okay whatever, suit yourself”

 

Woohyun was about to wash the dishes when Sunggyu suddenly offered to do it. Woohyun did not reject it.

 

Woohyun grabbed his phone and was about to leave the kitchen

 

“A thank you would be nice don’t you think? I was willingly offering to wash the dishes”

 

“I already cook the dinner. It’s win-win. No need for a thank you if you want to do it willingly don’t ya think?”

 

Woohyun smirks as Sunggyu glared at him

 

Woohyun however as usual wasn’t affected by the glare and ignore his annoyed husband while heading to their bedroom

 

Woohyun sprawled on the bed and was scrolling his twitter while laughing at puns that he found

 

The door to the bedroom was opened and closed. Woohyun glance at Sunggyu and continue scrolling his timeline

 

“How much did you spend today?”

 

“Hmm I don’t know… around 1.5 million won? Maybe more…”

 

“That much?! What did you spend on?”

 

“Why are you being so cheap?”

 

Woohyun rolled his eyes, not even looking at Sunggyu while he was talking

 

“I’m not cheap... ugh whatever it’s not like you’re a stranger or anything”

 

“Shut off the lamp, I want to sleep”

 

Woohyun said lazily and Sunggyu just shakes his head at his spoiled husband

 

 

God, he’s like a carbon copy of Myungsoo’s attitude

 

 

Thought about Myungsoo reminded him about the dinner with his family later. He want to tell it to Woohyun but the latter already in his dreamland and Sunggyu doesn’t want to wake him up and received endless strings of curse from Woohyun. So he decided to turn off the light and slipped into their blanket and drove to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: It’s pretty long right? Well I just want to make up for my absence to you guys!!! I’m still on medications and they make me sleepy and drowsy all the time, so forgive me for any mistakes in this chapter and the previous one. Don’t forget to leave feedbacks!!! XOXO, Hunny.