Everything's Gonna Be Okay

The Scammer and The CEO

 

No One’s POV

 

Sunggyu and his parents were still catching up about their newly found relationship and it was a very fun talk until he finally realizes that two of his favorite persons in the world were nowhere to be found. His eyes wildly searched for the two fine men in the restaurant but couldn’t find even one of them. He just shrugged it off, guessing that both of them must be in the toilet.

 

Suddenly their talks were interrupted by a loud commotion from the people. Sunggyu saw that everyone was looking at the pool outside the restaurant and he felt the pit of his stomach churned as bad feelings overwhelmed his body.

 

Sunggyu’s heart was screaming for him to go outside and take a look at the commotion. As he pushed the glass door heading to the pool, his eyes immediately widen in size at the sight. There, two of his dearests were grabbing each other’s hairs and were screaming and cursing near the edge of the pool. Sunggyu was about to rush there and break their fights but the moment he took a step, he saw Myungsoo gave one hard push to Woohyun

 

“KIM MYUNGSOO!!!”

 

Sunggyu was shocked as he saw Woohyun’s body flung into the pool and the previous calm water splashed everywhere. Sunggyu’s protective instinct made him run at full speed heading to the pool and jumped into it.

 

Woohyun was gasping for air and flailing around his arms to save himself from drowning. Suddenly flashback of his memories started to invade his minds and that makes him feeling lightheaded and slowly starting to lose his consciousness. Sungyeol and Howon smiling faces invaded his mind followed by his mother, professor and everyone that he had met before. Including the first time he met Sunggyu until the memory of him signing the marriage paper.

 

 

I remember everything…

 

 

My dad died…

 

 

The lack of air and the headache drained Woohyun’s energy each and every time when finally he stops and gives up. Letting himself sunk into the deep chlorine water, eyes slowly flutter shut. The last thing he remembers is his dad taking his last breath and the feeling of someone protectively hugs him from behind and dragged him out of the pool.

 

 

Sunggyu lay Woohyun on the pool side and ask the bystanders for towels to warm Woohyun’s body. However, Woohyun had drunk too much water and his face is very pale. Sunggyu patted Woohyun’s cheeks few times but Woohyun was already lost into the darkness.

 

“Baby, baby, please wake up! Don’t leave me here”

 

 

“Anyone here knows CPR?!”

 

 

Sunggyu’s eyes frantically searched for anyone in the crowd around them that is possible to do CPR because he never knew how to do that stuff. He never thought it was necessary to learn until now.

 

 

“Me! I’m a doctor!”

 

A handsome tall man in his mid-thirty step out from the crowd and crouched down to Woohyun’s level. Sunggyu’s eyes were red right now and he doesn’t stop the tears that flows down his cheeks. His love was on the verge of death and he sat there doing nothing because he don’t know how to. He felt so helpless as he watched the doctor leaned his ears on Woohyun’s chest to search for any heartbeat

 

“This is bad, he’s not breathing”

 

Sunggyu panicked as the doctor muttered those words.

 

Sunggyu immediately grabbed onto the doctor’s arm and beg him to save his husband.

 

“P-please s-save him doctor! I-I b-beg you!”

 

Sunggyu was sobbing really hard right now and he didn’t care about his image right now. He notice that some people talk about him and some were taking videos and pictures of this moment. He doesn’t have time to deal with hypocrite people as his lover was fighting for his life in front of him

 

The doctor gently lifted Woohyun’s head up from Sunggyu’s lap and places it nicely on the floor. He pinched Woohyun’s nose and tilt his head a little bit before he propped Woohyun’s chin open and performed mouth to mouth breathing help.

 

He blew air into Woohyun’s mouth several times and started to performed CPR by pressing on Woohyun’s chest few times until a gasping sound was heard and Woohyun coughed out water.

 

Woohyun opened his eyes slightly and Sunggyu immediately went to tend his husband.

 

“G-gyu… I r-rememb-ber… e-everything…”

 

That’s all Woohyun said before he fell into deep sleep.

 

“W-woohun? B-baby wake u-up please.. doc, what happen to him? What happen to him?!”

 

The doctor checked Woohyun’s pulse and found it was faintly there

 

“I think he suffered from hypothermia. We need to bring him to the hospital fast”

 

Sunggyu immediately carried Woohyun bridal style and rushed outside to the information desk. He was about to ask them to call the ambulance but they already done it and they said the ambulance will arrive in few minutes

 

Sunggyu went to the lobby and sat down on the couch with Woohyun still in between his arms. He was rubbing his hands all over Woohyun’s cold body to provide warmth.

 

“Sir?”

 

Sunggyu look up and saw the girl from the reception holding thick blanket towards him

 

“T-thank you so m-much”

 

Sunggyu immediately took the blanket and wrapped Woohyun’s now shivering body. Sunggyu was in the same state as Woohyun, drenched, cold and shivering. But as long as his consciousness is there, he won’t leave Woohyun’s side. He was afraid. Afraid that once he took of his eyes from Woohyun, it might be the last time he could see Woohyun.

 

Wee Woo Wee Woo

 

The sounds of ambulance sirens wake Sunggyu up from his deep thoughts and he immediately rushed to the ambulance even before the paramedic took out the bed. He jumped into the ambulance and placed Woohyun on the bed. The paramedic was about to close the door but it was held by a certain someone. More specifically, the previous doctor that saved Woohyun’s precious life.

 

“Who are you?” The paramedic asked

 

“I’m a doctor, I saved his life”

 

“Okay, hop on”

 

While on the way to the hospitals, the paramedic already injected Woohyun’s hand with an iv drip.

 

“He’s suffering from hypothermia and I will need more blanket. Give some to this guy over here too”

 

The doctor ordered the paramedic and they started to do as told

 

Sunggyu muttered small thanks as he wrapped his body with the blanket and continue to grab Woohyun’s limp hand tightly. He was also praying silently for the god to spare Woohyun’s life and he even mentioned of exchanging his life with Woohyun if it was destined that Woohyun couldn’t make it.

 

“Please be strong… I know won’t leave me behind”

 

Sunggyu whispered as a lone tear slipped from his left eye

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

Woohyun was admitted into the ward and his hypothermia was already treated. Sunggyu could finally breathe in relief as Woohyun now was in stable condition and will only be held in the hospital for a maximum three days.

 

The doctor explained the situation to the emergency units and Sunggyu managed to say his gratitude before the doctor leaves the hospital

 

Sunggyu proceed to the hospital’s reception to deal about moving Woohyun to a private room instead of shared room.

 

He was talking to the nurse but he didn’t get any response for his questions and notice that the nurse was gaping at his appearance instead of listening to him.

 

Who wouldn’t be tempted at the hot sight of Sunggyu right? Avery well known young businessman with his hair wet and tangled into a y mess, his white shirt were soaked and clung on to his skins revealing his perky s and hard abs.

 

“Excuse me, I’m talking to you”

 

Sunggyu knocked on the reception’s counter few times and finally managed to grab the ert nurse’s attention

 

“Y-yes sir, do you need anything?”

 

Sunggyu groaned in annoyance and explained about the room exchange again to her

 

“Please wait a moment while we find a vacant room for you”

 

Sunggyu nodded and stood there while waiting for the nurse to type something in her computer. Suddenly he was reminded of his family and quickly searched his pocket for his phone. He took out and notices that the phone was dead. Water flows out from the plughole and the screen were flooded with water.

 

“ this”

 

“Sir, the patient will be moved into a private room shortly.”

 

“Okay thank you”

 

Sunggyu was about to turn around when an idea popped into his head

 

He went to the counter again and called for the nurse

 

“Yes sir?”

 

“Um I was thinking if I could borrow the hospital’s phone for a while. My phone’s dead”

 

“Oh sure, here you go”

 

The nurse to out the gesture Sunggyu to the hospital’s phone and leave to give Sunggyu some privacy

 

Sunggyu dialed his father’s number and wait until the other pick up

 

“Hello, this is Kim…”

 

“Dad, it’s me, Sunggyu”

 

“Oh Sunggyu, where are you? Is Woohyun alright?”

 

“I’m at the hospital dad, Seoul’s hospital. He’s alright. You can come visit if you want. I will tell Dongwoo his room number. By the way, can you ask Dongwoo to bring me my clothes? My phone was dead.”

 

“Okay sure. I will come and visit him tomorrow morning with the rest. And Sunggyu…”

 

“Yes dad?”

 

“I just want to apologize on behalf of Myungsoo. He… he was in shock too, saying that he didn’t mean to do that over and over again. But I promise you that I will make him apologize to Woohyun first thing tomorrow”

 

“It’s okay dad, I know Myungsoo. He… he won’t do something like that. It was purely accident and I think both of them are at fault.”

 

“Okay… please take care of him Sunggyu, I know that he’s a good kid and the perfect one for you”

 

“Alright dad, will do. I have to go now, they’re already moving Woohyun to another room”

.

 

.

 

.

 

The Next Morning

 

Woohyun woke up and he groaned at the pain from his head

 

Where am I…

 

Woohyun was about to sit up from his lying position when he realized that someone was holding his hand tightly. It was Sunggyu. Right after Sunggyu changed into the clothes that Dongwoo brought, he went to sit beside Woohyun’s bed and stays up all night watching over Woohyun’s sleeping just in case Woohyun woke up in the middle of the night. But the exhaustion started to eat him up and he eventually fell asleep with his head laid on the bed and his hand holds Woohyun’s small one.

 

Woohyun starts to recall yesterday’s event and figured out how he ended up here.

 

Ahh… I drowned. I might have scared Sunggyu so much

 

Woohyun look at Sunggyu with guilt adorned his face as he Sunggyu’s head

 

“Poor my gyu… I’m sorry for scaring you like that…”

 

Sunggyu flinched at the gesture and he was greeted by Woohyun’s face. A heavy weight was suddenly thrown off his houlders and he lunged at Woohyun to hug his beloved husband

 

“H-hyun I thought I had lose you”

 

Sunggyu hugs Woohyun tightly and sobbed on Woohyun’s shoulder

 

“Shhh I’m okay now… stop crying”

 

Woohyun hugs Sunggyu and his broad back to calm him down

 

Few minutes of crying and coaxing, Sunggyu finally stopped and wiped his remaining tears

 

“Are you hungry? Do you want anything?”

 

“I want hot chocolate please”

 

Sunggyu nodded at his husband request and went to the pantry to make his husband’s favorite drink

 

“Can you hold this?”

 

“Geez, you’re so worried. I’m okay now, don’t worry too much okay?”

 

“How can I not? When I saw you not breathing and face pale without any signs of life…”

 

 

Woohyun grabbed his husband’s hand and gave him a warm reassured smile

 

“My family will come visit this morning. I want you to sort things out with Myungsoo. Is that okay?”

 

“Y-yeah I guess.”

 

“Okay good boy. Now, finish the drink and take some rest. You need it.”

 

“What about you?”

 

“I’m okay”

 

“No you’re not. You need to take some rest too. I can see the bags under your eyes. You’re exhausted gyu…”

 

“Okay, okay stop nagging. I promise that I will sleep after you on the couch”

 

“Pinky promise?”

 

“Pinky promise.”

 

.

 

.

 

 

.

 

Knock, Knock

 

Sunggyu jolted up at the sudden knock from the door.

 

It must be dad and the other

 

Sunggyu rubbed his eyes and glanced over the still sleeping Woohyun

 

Should I wake him up or…

 

Sunggyu decided to let Woohyun sleep and went to open the door for his family

 

“Come inside guys, he’s sleeping”

 

Sunggyu let his parents inside and closed the door

 

“Where’s Myungsoo?”

 

“He’s outside. Didn’t want to come in here”

Sunggyu raised his eyebrows and told his parents to take care of Woohyun while he went to look for Myungsoo

 

He saw a lone teenager was sitting at the farthest chairs in the waiting room looking gloomy

 

Sunggyu sighed as he recognized the teenager as his little brother

 

“What are you doing out here alone”

 

Myungsoo jumped a little a bit as he was not expecting anyone to find him here

 

“H-hyung”

 

Myungsoo look up at his brother for a second before he glanced down to avoid his brother’s eyes. Probably ashamed.

 

Sunggyu sit down beside Myungsoo and ask him what’s wrong

 

Myungsoo just shrugged and continued to play with his fingers

 

“If you’re wondering, I’m not mad at you”

 

At that statement, Myungsoo finally looked up and Sunggyu can see the tears that starting to well up in his brother’s eyes

 

“R-really? I’m s-sorry hyung…”

Sunggyu just give him a warm smile and hugs his brother. Myungsoo immediately clung to his brother while crying his heart out

 

“Shh don’t cry… I’m not mad at you… calm down and you can talk with Woohyun. Is that okay?”

 

Sunggyu lift his brother’s head from his shoulder and wiped the tear stained cheeks.

 

Oh as much as Sunggyu want to yell at Myungsoo, he just couldn’t because he always knew that deep inside Myungsoo is no close to be a spoiled and evil kid. He’s just the same softie crybaby that Sunggyu had protect since he was born. And nothing gonna break their relationship because right now, Sunggyu can see that all Myungsoo wants is forgiveness.

 

“Come on, let’s go inside and clear things up”

 

“I-I’m scared hyung. What if..”

 

“There’s nothing to be scared of Myungsoo. I promise I will be right beside you”

 

“Pinky promise?”

 

Sunggyu chuckled at how much Woohyun and Myungsoo resembled each other

 

“Pinky promise. Now let’s go”

 

“Hyung”

 

“Yes dear?”

 

“Hold my hand”

 

Sunggyu smiled at Myungsoo’s cute gesture and held the reaching hand securely

 

Sunggyu knock the door few times and his parents immediately told him that they were going to buy some fruits for Woohyun at the cafeteria. Sunggyu just nod and dragged Myungsoo to sit next to Woohyun’s sleeping figure

 

Myungsoo was looking down on his lap the whole time and didn’t spoke any words for staright 5 minutes until,

 

“Hyung can you leave us alone”

 

Myungsoo asked with small voices. Myungsoo was too embarrassed to confessed his feeling with his brother watching so he decided to send his brother out

 

“Just now you don’t want me to leave you and now you’re chasing me out?”

 

Sunggyu said teasingly. He was suppressing his laughter because when Myungsoo turn to him and ask him to leave, he saw that Woohyun’s eyes fluttered open and he knew that his husband want to be playful when he winked at Sunggyu with a sly grin and immediately went to ‘sleep’ when Myungsoo looked at him.

 

“Okay, I will leave you to alone”

 

Sunggyu went outside closed the door. He silently hoped that Woohyun doesn’t take his jokes too far

 

Meanwhile in the room, Myungsoo stays silent for few more minutes until he makes up his mind to pour out his feeling

 

“Woohyun h-hyung, t-this i-is Myungsoo. I… I want to apologize for what I-I did to you”

 

Myungsoo sniffed

 

“I d-didn’t mean t-to push you t-that hard…”

 

Myungsoo finally let out his sobs that he can’t keep in his body anymore. He was feeling so guilty when he saw Woohyun’s sleeping figure

 

As for Woohyun, he was about to laughed at Myungsoo and surprised him but all those bad intentions were forgotten when he opened his eyes and saw the disheveled state of Myungsoo. His heart was moved by the sincerity from Myungsoo. Woohyun can’t bear looking at the poor boy and sat up to bring Myungsoo into his embrace

 

“W-woohyun hyung?”

 

Myungsoo sniffled and looked up at Woohyun

 

“Yes Myungsoo… stop crying… hyung is sorry too. Hyung shouldn’t do that to you. Hyung knows that hyung has wronged you so much. Hyung deserves this...”

 

Woohyun hugs Myungsoo tighter and brushed his hairs softly

“N-no hyung, I almost k-killed you…”

 

“Shhh… I’m breathing now right? It’s okay I forgive you and I want to apologize to you too…”

 

Myungsoo nodded and let Woohyun wiped his tears

 

At this point, Myungsoo realized that the way Woohyun treated him, the warmth from Woohyun, his soothing voice, immediately calms his misery down. Woohyun is just like his brother. Someone reliable and he could depend on. Just like Sunggyu. And he don’t mind having another person to be welcome in this family.

 

 

Myungsoo finally accepted Woohyun as his future brother in law.

 

 

Right now, everyone gathered in Woohyun’s room and they were having a decent talk. This time, no one was left out and the laughter coming out from Myungsoo is very genuine and Sunggyu can’t feel more happy than he is right now.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hey guys… so it’s 0300 right now and I just finished writing this story. I might need 30 more minutes for the editing and I will post it when I’m finished. By the way, if you guys are wondering why I didn't make Sunggyu to perform the CPR because I want to raise some awareness about the importance of having a knowledge about CPR. As you can see, we might not think that those kind of thing will be important for us. But accidents can occur at any time. Just imagine if the doctor was not there. Do you think Sunggyu's tears gonna save Woohyun's life? So please enjoy this chapter and don’t forget to leave feedbacks! XOXO, hunny.