The CEO

The Scammer and The CEO

Sunggyu’s POV

 

                I sighed for the nth times today. Kim Myungsoo… why do you have to be such a troublemaker. I don’t care if you’re just being naughty and end up in disciplinary punishment but a police case? I guess it is my faults too for spoiling him and now look what he has become. Last night, our mansion’s bell were abused while everyone was sleeping is their respective room. I was too shocked to see two men in black shoving their police badges on my face saying that they have a warrant to arrest Kim Myungsoo for a suicidal case right after I opened the door. I invited them into the mansion and ordered the maids to make tea for the officers. If Myungsoo was arrested, he will get into the front page of every newspaper in Korea. Our family’s reputation will go down into abyss and dad will be furious! Our dad is not normal, he will ing kick Myungsoo out of this house if he was found guilty just to maintain our family’s good name in the society.

 

 

             “He’s in the room, I will get him for you” I said calmly to the officers but only god knows how fast my heart beats. I walk across our huge living room heading towards a glamour spiral staircases leading to the second floor of the mansion where Myungsoo’s room is situated. I don’t even bother to knock the door and pushed the giant door open and went inside. The room was dark but I can still see a lump on the king sized bed hiding under the blanket. I’m too furious to see my brother in this state, sleeping calmly like there are no two officers waiting to cuff him up downstairs.

 

 

              I walked towards the lump and yanked the blanket off him. I threw the blanket somewhere on the floor. The lump groaned at the sudden coldness hitting his body totally doesn’t appreciate getting ripped out of his sweet dream. “What the fuchsdyegnfxkrjgcnxdffa…” The lump grumbled and mutters something that I don’t understand.

 

 

“What the hell did you do this time Kim Myungsoo” I emphasized his name just to let him know that I’m dead serious.

 

 

“What did I do hyung? I don’t understand the bull you’re talking about”

 

 

            I guessed he already knew that this isn’t a joke judging by his already sitting figure and wide eyes.

 

 

“Well answered that yourself to the officers in the interrogation room. Wash your face and come down right now. Take your jacket with you. It might be cold there.”

 

 

“Wait what? What’s this all about hyung? Where would I go in this ing night? Hyung? Hyuuuuuuuung? HYUNG !”

 

 

             I ignored his questions and leave him to go downstairs, heading to the living room. “So where is he?” One of the officers asked in a very impatient tone. “He will be here in a few minutes, please enjoy the tea.”

 

 

“Hyung? Who are they?” I heard Myungsoo’s voice from behind the couch.

 

 

“Are you Mr. Kim Myungsoo?”

 

 

“Y-yes?”

 

 

                  I noticed my brother starting to get nervous judging by his quivering voice

 

 

“We have a warrant to arrest you right now due to a suicidal case in Gangnam’s High School involving you Mr.Kim”

 

 

                 Myungsoo was speechless and I pitied him. The usual arrogant and cold Myungsoo is not here, I only see a kid that is very scared and lost. “Just follow what they said Soo-ah, I promised you it will be okay” I assured him.

 

 

“B-but I don’t want to go to j-jail hyung…” Myungsoo hanged his head low.

 

 

“I know Soo, but please just do as they said and so that it will get easier to get you out of this”

 

 

“O-okay”

 

 

                      My heart shattered when I saw the officers escorted my baby brother into the police car and drove my brother away. I need to find him a lawyer immediately or dad will slaughter me when he knows that his favorite son spending the night in a police station. I texted my secretary to find my brother a lawyer tomorrow.

 

 

                      A knock on my door startled me as I did not realize I was thinking about last night incidents. I muttered a soft come in and the door opened, revealing my beautiful secretary, Minzy.

 

 

“The lawyer and his assistant is here sir.”

 

 

“Let them in.”

 

 

                  Minzy nod and opened the door to inform them. The door opened again but this time, a bulky man clad in black suit with a round spectacle walked in with a smile. I knew he is Mr. Jang, the man I’ve been discussing this matter with. Behind him is a lean male clad in the same outfit as Mr. Jang. Is he the lawyer?

 

 

“Please take a seat”

 

 

                  I saw Mr. Jang take a seat at the coffee table and settle his documents there. The mysterious man then took a seat beside Mr. Jang. I joined them a few minutes later and greet them.

 

 

“Thank you for coming, Mr. Jang and…”

 

 

“Jung Sangwoo, sir.”

 

 

             I thought my lawyer was Mr. Hong ?

 

 

“Mr. Jung Sangwoo”

 

 

            Mr. Jung offered me a smile and I just want to scoff at his fake attempt to appear polite.

 

 

“I know sir that your actual lawyer is Mr. Hong but he recently got into an accident and his situation right now is not good for any cases.” Mr. Jang stated. How did he know what I want to ask? Am I too obvious?

 

 

“It’s okay, I’ve already received a notice about this lawyer exchange matters beforehand, and I trust your law firm will offer me the best lawyer in town.” I sputtered my lies; not wanting to sound shocked about this whole lawyer exchange thing.

 

 

“Okay let’s get started into your case, would you care to explain the details Mr. Kim?”

 

 

                  I explained about my younger brother’s case to them.

 

 

“We have a share in Islands that is worth the money if you want to hide” I said with clear intention in bribing them. Money is not a big deal to me, I only cares about my younger brother whose currently being held for questioning.

 

 

                  I saw Mr. Jung hummed and smirks “Not good enough… you know that the tax fares there is high right? Why should I hide in such famous place?”

 

 

                  I raised my eyebrows at him.Not good enough? This guy is difficult but it’s for my baby brother

 

 

“Okay, you have it”

 

 

                 Mr. Jung grinned and we shook hands

 

 

                They already left my office. I sighed loudly clearly frustrated with all those piling works and Myungsoo’s case is adding another burden on my shoulder. I slumped back on my office chair and let out a groaned. Suddenly, my mobile phone vibrates and I look at the caller id. Private Number? Hm. I slide the answer icon and put the mobile on my ear.

 

 

“HYUNG!”

 

 

                  I immediately pulled away my phone from my ear at the sudden scream from my younger brother. I’m going to be deaf if he continues to scream like that.

 

 

“Yes, what is it Soo? Are you okay? Did you eat? Did you get any sleep?”

 

 

                I can’t help my overprotective act towards my brother. He’s only 17 and needs to face something like this. I’m so worried he will get uncomfortable and lonely in the police station.

 

 

“I’m okay hyung and I already eat. But I couldn’t get any sleep hyung… I’m scared” He said weakly

 

 

“I’m sorry Soo, but don’t you worry, I’ve already got you a lawyer. You will get out soon baby. Please stay strong until then”

 

 

“Okay hyung… time is already up, please help me hyung… I love you”

 

 

“Okay I love you too baby”

 

 

            He hanged up the call

 

 

             Arghhh my head is pounding because of the stress. I guess that’s it for today, I’m going home for a rest. I really need it.

 

             I dialled up my chauffeur to pick me up early today.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Chapter 2 is up !!! I can’t believe I already have subscribers!!! Thank you so much and I will try to update fast okay? Please leave your feedbacks below. XOXO, Hunny.