Realization

The Scammer and The CEO

No One’s POV

 

The Supreme Court of South Korea, Seoul

 

                 A large crowd of reporters were camping in front of the main entrance of the court. News have been spread all over South Korea about the youngest Kim from the powerful Kim’s family was arrested due to being the prime suspect for a suicidal case in Gangnam’s High school.

 

 

                 A black van pulled up in front of the entrance and two officer steps out of the car. Behind them, is a young man with chiseled face being cuffed and wearing a black mask and black sunglasses. The crowd started to drop questions at the young lad and trying to reach the boy. This situation is pretty much the same when you throw bread crumbs towards the pigeons.

 

 

                 The officers trying their best to protect the boy from any harm and pushed away any cameras filming the boy. Although the boy was under arrest, he is still the son of the most powerful man in South Korea. If he loses a strand of his hair, all of police station in South Korea will be destroyed. That was how powerful the Kim’s family is.

 

 

 

“Sir, are you sure that this boy is not a murderer?”

 

 

 

“Are you in any chance of bullying the kid?”

 

 

 

“What did your father say about this?”

 

 

                    Microphones and voice recorders was shoved to the poor boy’s face. The boy panicked, clearly don’t like the new attention and accusation thrown on him. The boy just keeps quiet and hanged his head low. He’s starting to get dizzy from the camera flashes.

 

 

“No further questions please and move out of the way!!!” One of the police officers yelled totally annoyed by those reporters.

 

 

 

“Please send some officers to clear the path, over” He spoke into the walkie-talkie

 

 

 

“Help is on the way, over” someone said from the walkie-talkie

 

 

 

                   Few seconds later, a dozen of officers pushed the reporters aside and clear the pathway to the entrance. The reporters didn’t give up and tried to push the officers. Myungsoo was rushed to the entrance and was brought into a waiting room to prevent any reporters from nearing that boy.

 

 

“Drink this”

 

 

                   Myungsoo looked up to the man that offers him the water. He noticed that it was the same officer that escorts him here. He muttered a small thank you and gulped down the water as he was thirsty from all the struggles from before.

 

 

“C-can I make a call please?” Myungsoo timidly ask

 

 

                    The officer just hummed and handed him his phone and Myungsoo immediately dialed up his brother.

 

 

“Hello, this is Mr.Kim’s secretary. Who may I be speaking to?”

 

 

“Minzy! It’s me Myungsoo. Where is hyung?”

 

 

“Ah, Sir Kim is currently having an important meeting with his client. For what is the call sir?”

 

 

“I’m just wondering, why my lawyer hasn’t arrived yet? And can you please tell hyung to come here and watch the court hearing?”

 

 

“Your, lawyer hasn’t arrived yet? I will inform that to Mr. Kim and he already told me to apologize on his behalf because he can’t attend your court hearing sir.”

 

 

                        Myungsoo feeling dejected when he heard that his brother can’t be there to accompany him in the court. He is scared but he didn’t want people to see his weakness. His hyung is his source of strength and without him; Myungsoo is just like a puppy abandoned by its mother in a dark alley.

 

 

“The hearing will start in a few minutes… and where is your lawyer Mr. Kim?”

 

 

“Do you see anyone else here beside me and this officer? How should I know where my lawyer is?”

 

 

“Okay sir, but if your lawyer is not here in 5, we will provide you one”

 

 

“Whatever” Myungsoo snorted

 

 

                     Even in this situation, nothing can break Kim Myungsoo. But only he knows how worried he was. What if he goes to jail? He doesn’t want to spend his precious life in jail. What about the college entrance exam? Its two weeks from now. Aishhhh hyung... I really need you.

 

 

5 minutes later

 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

“Sir, your lawyer has not arrived yet and we have already provided you our lawyer. We will you to the hearing."

 

 

                    Where is my lawyer? Did hyung actually get me one? No… I guess he doesn’t love his baby brother anymore. My lips were quivering as I was to the court hearing.

 

 

“Kim Myungsoo, you have to be strong. You can handle this bull. You are the son of the Kim” I whispered to give myself some support.

 

 

                     They me to sit beside my lawyer. I studied my lawyer and I think I will go to jail after this hearing. She looks like a rookie lawyer. Her hair tied up into neat bun and those clammy hands trying to organize the files on the table. I’m doomed. How can this rookie girl defend me?

 

 

“We will be starting the hearing. Please be quiet the entire time you’re in here. Interrupters will be chased out of this court immediately. Prosecutor, please read the accusations” the head Judge said calmly.

 

 

“…………………….(some bulls about the accusations)………………therefore, Mr. Kim Myungsoo is the prime suspect and guilty for this suicidal case in Gangnam’s High School.”

 

 

                    I was frowning the whole time he reads the accusations because everything seems like a false accusations to me.

 

 

“Thank you prosecutor, now I invite Ms. Yeo to opposes the accusations”

 

 

                     She stood up and fixes her glasses. She was searching for something to read on her table. God damn it why is she so clumsy. Everyone in the court was giving weird look to the rookie lawyer.

 

 

 

“A-ah yes… umm Mr. Kim M-myungsoo umm he is not guilty because umm the-there were no sign of b-bullying occurs towards the boy named Lee Sungjong. Umm… t-that’s all Judges”

 

 

                    That’s all?!!!!! The prosecutor reads like 10 pages of accusations and she opposes only one sentences? I was fuming when I saw the prosecutor smirking in sign of mocking. That’s ing it I’m defending myself!!!

 

 

“I DIDN’T KILL ANYONE AND THAT LEE SUNGJONG GUY IS JUST SOMEONE THAT I DON’T KNOW IF HE EVER EXISTED!! WIPE THAT SMIRKS OF YOUR FACE YOU I….UMPHHHH!!!”

 

 

Someone pulled me from behind and cupped my mouth. It was the officers.

 

 

 

“Shut your ing mouth kid, the judge might send you to jail if…”

 

 

 

“IF WHAT?!!! IF I SCREAMED LIKE THIS?!! DO YOU THINK I CAN WIN WITH THIS STUPID LAWYER RIGHT HERE?!! HUH? WILL I?!!”

 

 

 

“Please Mr. Kim Myungsoo outside. And the judges has confirmed that Kim Myungsoo was proved to be guilty and will undergoes punishment of spending a month in jail for being the cause of Lee Sungjong’s suicide”

 

 

No One’s POV

 

 

“WHAT?!!!! HOW CAN YOU LET THIS THINGS HAPPENNED?!” Sunggyu’s voice was booming like thunder. He trashed everything on his working table totally furious over the announcement of his brother was found guilty.

 

 

“I-I’m s-sorry sir! P-p-please spare me!! I didn’t know this kind of things w-will h-happen” Minzy replied with a shaky breath as she was really shocked and scared of his boss.

 

 

“Call my private investigator right now” Sunggyu ordered with venom in his every word.

.

.

.

 

 

“Sir, I’ve investigate over this case and the law firm said that they never sent you any lawyer and Mr. Hong was not involved in any accident. I believed that you’ve been scammed sir”

 

 

“Gather your men and find those rats. I want them alive espescially the one who pretend to be the lawyer.”

 

 

                    Sunggyu was fuming when he realized he had been scammed. They must be very skillful to have successfully betrayed the great Kim Sunggyu. Sunggyu slam his fists on the table, frustrated.

 

 

“Jung Sangwoo… or whatever your real name is, I will make you regret being born in this world. Just you wait.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : So what do you think about this chapter? I know I just post the 3rd chapter but your comments make me want to write more. I’m on school’s break so I’ve plenty of time to write double updates. I’m sorry if any of the court scene sounds lame because I’m a court LOL! Btw this is all my original ideas and I can write fast because I’ve already plan the whole plot before writing this!!! Please don’t forget to leave your feedbacks!! XOXO, Hunny.