The Beginning Of The Fear

Bond Of The Elements

Years Later

 

    Dawn was breaking when Wendy woke up, she usually wakes up before her sisters to make breakfast, even though all they had were consumables they found in the wild. They’ve been on the run for years, they’ve had a good amount of ambushes and assaults through the years, everyone was scared especially for their youngest Yeri who wasn’t even a year old when they were sent on the run. Wendy still remembers the scariest attack they had during those years.

 

Flashback

 

-The five were walking in the forest; they had nowhere to go except to keep walking. Irene was in the front making sure they wouldn’t get ambushed. Her Fire bending has gotten better that she can scare anyone away if she wanted to. Yeri was in the back. Now 10 years old she was starting to enjoy seeing everything, no matter how many times her older sisters told her to keep up so they don’t lose sight of her, she kept observing the nature. Noticing that she was getting a little further way, she was about to run to her sisters, however a sharp pain in her back stopped her. She was losing consciousness fast that she couldn’t get one of her sisters attention, thankfully Seulgi looked back, she was about to tell Yeri to keep up for the umpteenth time when she noticed Yeri’s legs buckle, Seulgi immediately ran back to catch her when she noticed an Arrow in her younger sisters back. Seulgi Screamed to the top of her lungs alerting the other 3.  They looked back and noticed they were surrounded, Irene took one look at her downed younger sister and immediately lost it, she unleashed her fire bending and snuffed out all the attackers, however as soon as the fire disappeared, more attackers suddenly came, they put so much fire on Irene there was nothing she could do but evade. The firing suddenly ceased, Irene looked up and noticed Joy was fighting throwing giant rocks at the attackers. Wendy on the other hand didn’t know what to do; she stood there in shock watching her Twin sister trying to keep Yeri awake, and by the looks of it, it wasn’t going well. She looked back towards Irene and Joy for one second until she heard something she never wanted to hear. She turned to see Seulgi who never shows her emotions clutching Yeri’s unresponsive form and crying her eyes out, Wendy immediately ran over screaming. Wendy carefully pulled out the arrow, she felt someone sit beside her and noticed it was Irene; Joy was still fighting off the attackers. Their tears became a waterfall soaking Yeri’s back, Wendy put her hand on her younger sisters soaked back and joined her sisters in their grief. Suddenly Irene stopped crying, she immediately got Wendy’s attention and pointed at Yeri’s back, Wendy was shocked. The water in Yeri’s shirt was disappearing along with the entering point of the arrow. That was when Wendy noticed that she could use water bending to heal. Yeri woke up groggily in 3 of her sisters embrace, the attack finally ended and Joy ran over to join the hug.

Flashback End

 

That was eight years ago, Wendy looked at her sister now. Yeri, now 18, was sleeping peacefully like nothing ever happened, and she hoped it stayed that way, after all Wendy believes Yeri was saved just because they made enough water by their tears. Shaking the memory out of her mind Wendy got up to prepare breakfast with whatever they had left.  The other day they only found berries and nuts, there were eggs too but being the kind one Wendy didn’t take them, knowing they belonged to a family of birds. She wondered how much longer they could survive like this, Irene was becoming slow and fragile, Wendy knew that she barely ate so the rest of them got the right amount of food, Even though she did it for a good cause, Wendy worried about her eldest sister, she and the others needed her, if she went they’d probably go as well. She started checking the berries to make sure they weren’t poisonous, during their years of running; they stopped at certain villages where Wendy learned about knowing the difference between Poisonous and healthy berries. 

 

    Seulgi woke up to find her twin cooking breakfast, she took a big stretch and walked over. “Hey, what’s for breakfast?” Wendy chuckled a reply. “The same thing we’ve been having, there’s nothing else. By the way, why are you up so early Bear?”

Seulgi flinched at her old nickname. “Umm, I guess I just can’t sleep anymore.” Seulgi looked toward Wendy and noticed a look in her eyes. “Ok something’s bothering you, I can tell, you’re my twin, what’s up?” Wendy took a deep breath. “I remembered that incident from 8 years ago. I remembered how scared we all were, how heartbroken you were. We almost lost Yeri that day.” Wendy started tearing just talking about it, she felt Seulgi’s back hug. “Wen, like you said that was 8 years ago, Yeri can take care of herself if there’s danger, and its not like she’ll be alone either.” Wendy faced Seulgi and clutched her hands, the two twins smiled at each other until Wendy saw Breakfast was ready. “I think we should wake everyone up, and we have to make sure Irene gets enough to eat, I’m getting worried.” Seulgi nodded and ran off to wake Joy and Yeri. Wendy figured waking up their oldest was her job this morning. She walked over to Irene and lightly shook her. “Irene, its time to wake up,” it took a few too many nudges for her to open her eyes.

 

     Irene felt terrible, since she was the oldest, she always put her younger sisters before herself, but thankfully Irene knew when it was the right time to let everyone know something was wrong. “Ugh, Wen I don’t feel well.” Wendy felt Irene’s forehead and immediately shook her head in disappointment. “Irene I know you care for us more than yourself but we can’t survive without you, you need to keep your strength.” Irene nodded. “Okay, I’ll try to eat more today.” They heard a grunt and turned to see Seulgi Bear hugging Yeri. “I’ll stop when you wake up!” “Okay I’m up!” They all got up and ate breakfast, they all made sure Irene ate enough, there was barely enough food but thankfully Irene looked healthier. 

 

They packed up their campsite and started walking. “We need to find a village or something, we can’t keep eating berries and nuts.” Said Wendy. “Where are we supposed to find a village, we’re in the middle of nowhere.” Joy replied. Irene suddenly stopped short. “Umm Irene are you ok? Asked Yeri. “We’re being followed.” All of them put their stuff down and got in a fighting stance around each other. As soon as the attackers got in sight, Yeri used her air bending to send them flying in different directions, all five of them got about three or so enemies to take care of. Irene threw a blaze of fire; Seulgi brought forth a strike of lighting, Wendy formed a giant sphere of water and smirked at the men in front of her. “So who wants to play?” she sent the sphere flying at the attackers, with no way out they ended up submerged. Joy jumped and pounded the ground making a crack that swallowed her attackers. Yeri used her air bending and threw her attackers against the trees. When it seemed everything calmed down, they picked up their stuff and continued walking. During the walk Seulgi looked towards Yeri and noticed her looking down. “Hey Yeri what’s wrong?” Not knowing Seulgi noticed, Yeri was caught off guard for a second, after a little hesitation she answered. “I was thinking about Mom and Dad, How do you think they’re doing?” Now Seulgi and the rest were caught off guard. They were sent on the run right after Yeri was born, but the others made sure to tell Yeri all about them. Irene bravely answered, “Yeri we last saw them 18 years ago, I don’t know if their even alive, I mean the country could have been angry at them for letting us escape.” They saw Yeri release a tear. “I don’t even know what they looked like.” Yeri immediately walked to the front leaving her shocked sisters behind. The four sisters decided to stay behind Yeri while she walked. Wendy continued the conversation silently, “Speaking of sent on the run, if they do find us, what do you think they would do?” Seulgi looked towards each of her sisters and sighed. “Considering what they believe, they’d probably either split us up putting us with our element groups, or split us up and lock us up in the different nations using our weaker elements.” Irene immediately looked up. “No! I won’t let that happen. We’re sisters, we can’t get separated.” They nodded back and caught up to their youngest.

 

Meanwhile a council of all the highest officers of the 4 nations met. “We have to do something about these girls, they’re dangerous.” Said the Water tribe officer. The officer of the air nomads stood up. “I understand but think about it, your also tearing apart a family who has nothing left.” “Then we’ll finish it quickly, they won’t be apart for long!” replied the fire nation officer. The earth nation officer shook his head and made a decision. “We are not killing these girls, we’ll just separate them, sure they won’t like that and fight back fully, but we have to do something, especially since it’s the safest way.” “Ok we will head them off at the cliff before the next village, bring all of your soldiers.” Announced the Fire nation officer. 

 

The 5 sisters were still walking in the woods when Wendy spoke. “We should be getting really close to the next village, ah there it is!” They reached a cliff and found a nice looking village down below. They were about to continue down when their youngest spoke. “Wait!” they all looked toward Yeri. “I feel something, something big.” The sisters knowing Yeri’s air bending ability could feel objects or people around using the wind, they immediately huddled up. They were met with soldiers from every nation. They couldn’t even talk before they all started attacking. Irene was almost barely able to handle herself with water benders, noticing something strange she looked toward her sisters. Air benders were attacking Seulgi, while the earth benders were attacking Wendy; Fire benders were attacking Joy with lightning while others were attacking Yeri with fire. Remembering what Seulgi said earlier, Irene learned their plan, Irene tried to scream to her sisters but it was too late, the five of them were defeated. They rounded up the 5 of them in a circle; Irene being barely awake still heard the conversation. “Alright, so here’s what we’ll do, we’ll place the fire bender in a water prison, the water bender in an underground prison where there’s no water, the earth bender in a sky prison where there’s not stop lightning storms, while the lightning bender is in a ice prison with freezing wind. And lastly the air bender will go in a volcano prison. The four officers agreed and pulled the 5 apart in different directions. Irene could only scream her lungs out watching her sisters being pulled away. 

_____

Here it starts. Hope you enjoy