Wendy's Explanation

Bond Of The Elements

 

Hey guys. Just a quick Note before reading. 

I changed a minor detail in Chapter 6, so I recommend reading again before continuing this chapter. 

Also I wrote a note at the bottom of the forum about which is character speak and thought so Please take a look at that too.

Anyway Enjoy.

_____

 

The girls found themselves in a forest. “Hey guys I know we shouldn’t stop but” The others turned to Wendy and noticed what she meant. Yeri had fallen asleep after all her crying subsided. Seeing their sleeping little turtle, Irene gave in and allowed everyone to stop and rest. All of them sat around Yeri while she slept. Wendy wanted to help her sister any way she could,  so she got up and searched through their belongs. She never told her sisters but she actually packed the book that Yeri read back at their aunts house after she looked at it before leaving. Wendy sat against a tree and continued reading where she left off. Meanwhile Seulgi and Joy eventually lied down next to Yeri and fell asleep, but they were sure to clutch Yeri’s hands so she knows she’s not alone. Irene sat and thought through everything thats happened to her and her sisters. She still doesn’t understand why someone could suddenly just brand young kids as evil and dangerous. Her thoughts were interrupted by Wendy running over with a big smile on her face.

 

“I KNOW WHAT KUVIRA DID!” “SHH” Wendy suddenly remembered and quieted down before continuing. “I know what Kuvira did. I actually packed the book Yeri read at Aunt Taeyeon’s house. it explains everything come look at this.” The others walked over to Wendy. “The book explains that the leader of the protesters was able to remove Bending abilities too.” Really? does it say how he did it?” asked Joy. “I didn’t think so but it’s entered later as like a side note. Maybe the recent avatar wrote it.” “Well” Seulgi urged her to continue. “The leader of the Protesters, named Amon, used a form of Water Bending!” “Wendy does that mean you can give our sister her Bending back??” “It looks like i need a certain bending ability.” “What is it?” They turned around and found Yeri awake. “Yeri you can sleep more….” “Wendy what ability???” Wendy sighed and bit her lip before continuing. “The ability I need to learn is dangerous, if used wrong it could be deadly.” Seeing her sisters silence she continued. “Sigh…I…Need….to…..bloodbend.” The sisters were still silent. “Gulp you mean actual blood?” Wendy nodded to Joy’s question. “How does that work””Well our bodies have about 50-65% of water so its technically just like water bending. except…” Wendy hesitated. “You can use it to control anyone’s body,  and as I said earlier, it could be deadly.” Irene wasn’t sure about what to do, but she knew that if they wanted to defeat Kuvira they needed all the abilities possible. ‘Its definitely dangerous but what else could we do….wait did she say form of Water Bending??’ “Wendy!!” Wendy looked over at Irene “You said that it was a FORM of water bending. What about the other elements??” Wendy smiled “Why yes there are. I’ll explain. I need a stick AH.” Wendy ran of towards a tree and came back with a stick. She crouched down and started drawing 4 symbols on the ground.

 

“Ok So since were on the subject, each ability has different forms and depending on the person they can learn either one or the other, or even both!” Wendy pointed towards the Fire nation symbol and started drawing. “We’ll start with this one because its easy. In short, Fire is Power, and used rage and anger, but the alternate form. If your able to split your two energies and put them out of balance you can create the second form. Seulgi you know where I'm going with this don’t you?” Irene was confused but looked towards Seulgi. She looked surprised, and needed a minute before continuing. “You mean I have the alternate form???” Wendy was proud. “Yes Maybe you can teach each other. Now there is one more but its really rare and totally different. Combustion bending. I don’t really think its learnable.” Irene and Seulgi looked disappointed but perked up. “Its ok we will teach each other our forms.” Seulgi nodded at Irene’s statement. Wendy continued the explanation. “Ok so really quickly before moving on, my element is change, and we have Blood Bending as i explained and Healing which you know I am able to do.” “Yeah You saved of tons of times with that.” said Joy. “Ok Joy your element is Substance. besides Earth bending you have the most alternatives.” Joy looked up at Wendy. “What??” Wendy chuckled, “Besides Earth Bending, you have Metal Bending which I asked you to do when we rescued Yeri remember?” Joy finally understood and smiled. “Anyway you also Lava bending, and Sand bending.””Ooohhhh Lava bending sounds fun. I will try.” Joy got up hyped to practice. Wendy carefully looked towards her youngest frail sister. “Its ok, You can continue. You will get my ability back. I Know you will.” Wendy smiled and went back to explaining. “Yeri….yours….is special. And your special. I think thats why you were given Air bending.” Yeri started listening intently. “Your element is Freedom, and your alternate forms are not exactly bending. They have a different role. “You have flight Yeri!” Her sisters were ran over also listening. “And not only that. Did you get to the part in the book where it explained the spirit world??” Yeri nodded. “Well you can go in out anytime you want and even communicate with them.All you need to do is meditate.” Yeri feeling of uselessness was immediately taken away, she crashed into Wendy and gave her a smothering hug, with their other sisters joining in soon after.

 

After a long hug Wendy spoke up. “So now that I explained what should we do?” The five of them looked at each other with determination before Irene answered. “We will train in the other forms and get Yeri’s bending back. Then train her in hers and we will take the fight BACK to Kuvira!!!” They joined their hands together in the middle and cheered “YESSS!”

_____

So I kind of used a little of Iroh's explanation about the nations in this. but I felt it would help. 

Thanks for reading. Im so happy this story is getting really popular. 

Until next time.