chapter 21

Full Moon Genie (part one)

 

Chapter 21

Our practice goes so well, on top of that we also worked extra hard not to failed any test or quizzes, we have to maintain our grades or make it a little higher so that it will be easy to asked our parents’ permission, the audition will happened in a week, that’s why we all needs their consent at this point.

“I’m worried,” I said feeling exhausted,

“Why are you worried,?” it’s past 9, I’m lying on my bed staring at the ceiling spacing out,

“What if Umma will not allow me too?” she looks at me, and gives me an encouraging smile,

“My master worry too much, I know your mother will understand, just talk to her sincerely, how you wanted this, how honest your heart is, and I am surely knows that she will receive the message clearly,”

I move my hands to her face, I can see that she was surprise; I press her cheeks lightly,

“Thank you Yuri, I am so happy to have you, I feel so blessed,” she put her hand on top of mine,

“Now fall asleep, I know you’re tired.”

I nod, in a matter of minutes I fell asleep, the last thing I remember was she saying something for me, but I was too sleepy to understand.

“Umma, can I talk to you,” I decided to talk to my mother the next evening, I found her in the living room.

“You need extra allowance? “She said mockingly, without looking at me, her attention remains on the book that she is reading.

I took a deep breath, I thought it will be easy, but why do I feel so tense right now?

“Me, eunhyuk and junsu will audition to become and idol,”

“A what?” she asked finally looking at me, closing the book.

 

“Umma, just like Shinwa and H.O.T” my sister join, with a chocolate ice cream in her hand; she sits in the couch beside Umma.

“What about your studies?” she asked

“It won’t suffer, trust me Umma,”

“What it won’t suffer, how sure are you?” she stands up, hands on her waist, I knew how she wanted me to graduate high school and go to a university, but now I am making this kind of decision,

“I am asking you how you can be so sure. For all I know most of your time will be wasted on practicing, and you will have an unsure future, but if you just study hard and graduate your future is secure,” she nagged

“Umma I want this, “

“Forget this; I am not giving you my permission,”

“Umma, please,” I beg, I get down on my knees, if this is the only way, ”Me and my friends dream about it, we put our heart in it, we can’t back out now,” I look at her sincerely, I want her to acknowledge my sincerity, “to be honest, at first I thought I was just doing this to please Eunhyuk and Junsu, but every time we practice, or I am performing in front of our audience, I embrace the truth, I want this, I want to be famous, I want to perform in front of everyone, I want to showcase my talent, I want the whole world to see and most of all I want you to be proud of me,”

I pause, I failed to read what she is thinking, but like Yuri said, I just said what my heart wanted to,

“Umma, aren’t you proud of him? First time in his life that he begged like this because he wanted something so badly? And he considers asking for your permission before he joins?”

My sister, she’s standing for me, it was unexpected.

“I think he is growing up, he knew his direction, he is creating his future,?” she smile at me, while her words melting my mother’s heart, “ and don’t you want to have an idol son? I can see that if he became famous, you will be famous as well? Your officemates will ask for your sons’ autograph? Me as well…”

But why she has to bring that out this early?

Our mother looks at my Yun mi noona then chuckle,

“I thought we’re on the same boat, why are you contrasting me just now?” my sister just shrugs her shoulder,” am I a good actress?”  She asked, hands on her cheeks,

“Best actress!” with her two thumbs up my sister answered, and then they both laugh,

What th3!

Are they making fun of me again?

“Yah, best actress son, stand up!” she grabs my hand and helps me to stand up

“Umma, your okay with it?” I wanted to confirm if I understand things right.

“Of course, who don’t want to have a famous son? If everyone praise you, I will proudly said, “Ah that’s my son!”

 I hug her, glad that it became so easy for me,

“Can I tag along?” my sister asked

“Certainly!  “My mother said, and together we hug each other,

I know wherever my father is, he is happy and envious right now, and it’s his fault that he died so early.

____________________________________________________

 

“Noona thanks a lot,” I told her before she enters her room

“What for?” she asked innocently

“For helping earlier, if weren’t for you that thing won’t be that easy,”

“Why do you say so?” her brows twitch

“You know you have the power to convince mom,” I was envy on her in this part, I sounded so.

“You don’t know our Umma, she love us  yet I know she love you more because you resemble appa so much, but I accept that, sometimes it makes me jealous, but I know how much Umma miss appa, that’s why I understand it,although we often bully you like you assume, that’s our way of expressing our love to you, it is silly right? I inherited that side of Umma, I often tease you, but you know what? What I said earlier was all true; I believe in you, I know you can do it; I know you will make us proud, performing is your destiny, remember how many dance performance that you and appa created? Umma kept all those videos, every time she’s down she watches those silly videos of yours, because it was not only you in it, there is also appa’s voice, cheering and laughing for you, if only appa is still alive, he will say that he is proud of you,,”

“Noona, what I said before about your future husband,”

“Why bringing that up?”

“He will be one lucky person to have you,” I believe

“Silly, go to sleep, before you say anything worst,” she push me away inside my room,