ten

She's on Duty

-previously-

 

Yoona poured something, an antiseptic she believed, on the edge of her lips. She winced when the lotion seeped into her wound. She rummaged into the bag for something for her wrist. She didn’t bother to look up when she felt someone was standing in front of her.

 

“Yoongs! You know I don’t know how these things work. You should’ve helped – ”

 

She couldn’t finish her sentence, as the shoes in front of her were not Yoongi’s usual black Jordans, but a pair of Timbaland boots. She couldn’t look up any faster, and her gaze was met with a pair of black eyes, staring at her.

 

 

 

 

 

“Jeon Jungkook.”

 

Yoona gulped. Jungkook stared deep into her eyes. His gaze alternating from her half-bandaged wrist, to her bruised lip, and back to her eyes. He slowly walked towards her, his eyes never left hers.

 

Yoona wasn’t ready to go against the youngest at that time. With her injured wrist, she couldn’t possibly bring this kid down alone. She contemplated to reach for her phone in her pocket to call Yoongi or Hoseok but figured that Jungkook would react badly to that.

 

They were far from anyone so screaming wouldn’t be an option. Yoona was racking her brains out on how to save herself from him when suddenly Jungkook sat beside her.

 

Eh?

 

“Let me help.”

 

What?

 

It took her a while that he was actually referring to her attempt to bandage her hand. It was quite difficult to do so alone, even more so when the one injured was your dominant hand.

 

Jungkook sighed. He looked into the bag and found a cool spray. Slowly, he pulled her right wrist and started to undo the badly-done bandage. He sprayed on her hand and let them dry before wrapping her wrist.

 

Yoona winced and jerked a little when Jungkook accidentally pressed a spot a little too hard. He was a bit startled, and caressed that spot frantically, but smoothly with his thumb. He sighed again.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“No, it’s okay.”

 

“No, no. I’m really sorry. This…all of this wouldn’t happen if I was there.”

 

He got her attention by that. He saw her raised eyebrows.

 

“Hoseokie hyung insisted that I stayed and made the new dance routines. I should’ve never let Jiminnie hyung walked back alone. Then you wouldn’t have to be like…this.”

 

He used his hands to gesture to all her injured parts. Seeing this, Yoona was now smiling sweetly at him. He blushed at the extra attention. He went back to his job on finishing up cleaning her other wounds.

 

“Just who the hell are you exactly, Jeon Jungkook?” she asked with an amused tone.

 

He smirked. “I’m NOT a gang member, if that’s what you’re asking. I’m still in high school. I can ask the same to you, ahjumma.”

 

She playfully scoffed. “I’m not that old, okay.”

 

Jungkook has finished putting on ointments on her bruises. He had no reason to be there but he kept on fiddling with his fingers. Yoona just waited patiently for him. He bit his lip before mustering any courage he had left to speak.

 

“Um…I know this is a lot to ask but…please, please protect Jiminnie hyung. If you need any help, you can ask me. I’ll do anything I can. We’re on the same side.”

 

“And which side is that, Jungkook?”

 

“A side to keep Jiminnie hyung’s safe.”

 

A small smile played at her lips. “You really love him, don’t you?”

 

Jungkook’s eyes couldn’t be wider as he blushed. He stuttered cutely, made her wanted to squish those cheeks.

 

“I don’t love him, ew no. Not like Yoongi hyung do, anyway.” he rolled his eyes before continuing. “Ever since I moved in with him, he was the only one that stayed by my side. He thought me a lot of things, protected me when I was little until now. And I would do anything to keep him out of trouble.”

 

Yoona out loud awed at him, finally giving in to the temptation of pinching his cheeks and ruffling his hair. The youngest blushed again.

 

“No worries. You’d probably realized there were other officers before me. I was actually sent here by RapMon’s request to put more men around his son.”

 

Jungkook turned to her so fast that she thought his neck would break. “What?”

 

“Oh, RapMon is Kim Namjoon.”

 

“No, I know who he is. But what did you said?” Jungkook frowned.

 

“Kim Namjoon felt like something went wrong when he was attacked on his way to testify. He felt Bang Sihyuk might want to hurt his only son. So, here I am.”

 

“Wait, what the hell are you talking about? Uncle Joonie is – ”

 

They were interrupted by Jungkook’s ringtone. Jimin was calling him. He was asking where the youngest at, why he wasn’t eating lunch with them. He replied that he was on his way. On the second he ended the call, Yoongi rounded that corner, screaming his sister’s name.

 

Both Yoona and Jungkook were startled at the sound. Yoongi soon was in their sight. Anyone could tell that he ran all the way there. He panted loudly, his hair dishevelled form all the running he did. He looked at the two, confused.

 

Jungkook chuckled at him. “Yoongi hyungnim.” He addressed him before bowing at him. Just before he walked away, Yoona hollered.

 

“Yah Jeon Jungkook! Call me noona, you brat!”

 

He grinned before bowing at her too. He left the scene, making Yoona laughed at how confused must Yoongi have been. He must have thought Jungkook was attacking her or something.

 

“Should I be worried?”

 

He was still out of breath. Yoona just shook her head while smiling. But that smile faded off when he saw her twin was empty-handed.

 

“Where the is my lunch?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoona gulped a few mouthfuls of beer before exhaling loudly. Wow, what a treat! It was Friday night. No school tomorrow! She was now leaning against a patio in front of a convenience store.

 

Taking another sip, she felt her phone vibrated in her pocket. A fellow officer guarding Jimin’s house called her.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Hey, I think Jimin and Jungkook are heading your way.”

 

What?

 

“Yoona?”

 

The beer splurted from unexpectedly. She coughed, some of the beer may have gone inside her lungs while the rest splattered on her sweater. There stood Jimin, looking at her current state, his gaze alternating from her face to the beer can in her hand. Behind him was Jungkook, trying hard not to laugh at her.

 

 

 

 

 

So the three were now sitting at the banks of Han River with the clock showing 2 a.m. in the morning.

 

“Did that store ahjussi say anything when you’re buying all these?” Yoona asked, referring to the plastic bag between them full of beers.

 

“That ahjussi never asked for any IDs. Besides, I’ve known him for so long he just let me. Just like he did to you, right?”

 

Yoona hummed. Jimin took a sip from his can and exhaled loudly. From the corner of her eyes she could see Jungkook stealthily reaching for a can. Yoona swatted his hand away.

 

“Nuh-uh. You’re not drinking any of these, mister. You’re too young! Still in high school!”

 

Jimin laughed. “Aren’t we all?”

 

That shut Yoona up. Jungkook was laughing his off until he was literally rolling on the floor. The youngest tried to reach for a beer again but she pushed him away again. Instead, she handed him a bottle of coke.

 

He pouted but accepted it anyway. Jimin chuckled while ruffling his hair. Jungkook groaned but could be seen leaning into the touch. Jimin gulped down his beer until it’s empty and flicked open a new one.

 

“Jimin-ah, is there something wrong?”

 

The said male exhaled loudly after his first gulp. Behind him, Jungkook was looking at him worriedly.

 

“It’s hard when I need to make tough decisions. I’m just a high school student, why do I have to do this?”

 

Yoona was about to ask for more details but stopped when he saw Jimin fumbling with something in his pocket. He pulled out some papers and handed them to Yoona. It was a ticket and a passport. A ticket to the States, dated on next Sunday.

 

“Yours?”

 

Jimin nodded weakly. “He told me to go abroad. He told me to go to this dance school that I’ve always wanted. He told me to leave because it’s dangerous here.”

 

He kept silent for a while. Yoona almost didn’t hear him.

 

“But I don’t want to leave. Not anymore.”

 

“But why? You said it was your dream school.”

 

Whether it was from the cold, or from all the beers he drank, or maybe just from his pure feelings, Jimin’s cheeks were very red. They could match Jungkook’s red snapback he was wearing. Yoona and Jungkook chuckled while Jimin pushed her arm lightly as protest.

 

“Oh my god, you guys are so ing cute, you know that?” she squealed. “Wait, let’s call him!”

 

Yoona already fished out her phone and started to dial Yoongi’s number. All protests from Jimin were ignored as she put the phone on speaker.

 

“What do you want?”

 

Jimin felt like Yoongi’s groggy sleepy voice was the iest thing he ever heard. Or maybe he was just drunk?

 

“Yoongi! Come quick! Jimin! ! He…he…”

 

“Huh? What’s wrong? Where are you?”

 

Jungkook was trying not to laugh was the funniest thing Yoona had seen that night. Jimin looked horrified. Some rustling were heard on the other line. Yoongi’s subtle curses were heard too. Yoona’s fake panicked voice tone didn’t help either.

 

“Jimin, he – ! I can’t explain right now, just hurry! I’m by the Han River near the – Yoongi? Yoongi??”

 

Yoona brought over the phone to her ear and back off to look at it, only to find out that Yoongi ended the call already. She grinned to still-horrified Jimin.

 

“And now we wait.”

 

 

 

 

 

Usually it took a 15-minute walk from their neighbourhood to their current place but 4 minutes later, a wild Yoongi appears, panting as he ran all the way there. Anyone could tell he haphazardly put on his black hoodie and beanie.

 

He looked at the trio, who were drinking and laughing at him.

 

“What…the……”

 

He cursed in short breaths. Yoona laughed until tears came out from her eyes. Jungkook was having short spasms of laughs while Jimin tried his best not to.

 

The first thing after Yoongi did after he regained his breath was to go strangle his little sister. Yoona was still laughing despite a pair of hands pulled the front of her sweater. But Jimin pulled back his hoodie a little.

 

“Hyung! Don’t blame her. I…I wanted you to come, too.”

 

Before anyone could see his blush, Yoongi turned away while cursing at his sister. He let her go and sat with them, making a small circle. He eyed the can of beer Yoona handed him.

 

“Why are we drinking? Wait, we shouldn’t –”

 

“Awhh come on, Yoongs don’t be a party pooper and drink it all up!”

 

He accepted it anyway. “You’re supposed to stop them! You’re the oldest one here!” like literally.

 

Yoongi’s nagging just seeped into thin air as the others were drinking and they fell into a pregnant silence. Only the sound of crushed can and a few sighs were heard.

 

The eldest of the four suddenly caught Jimin wiping his eyes.

 

“Jimin? Are you okay?”

 

Jimin seemed startled; he didn’t think that anyone would catch him crying. He just shook his head. He didn’t realize that more tears were running down his face when he felt Yoongi’s hands catching them.

 

Jungkook sighed. “Joonie ahjussi told him to leave the country, for his own safety.”

 

Jimin didn’t stop Jungkook from uttering the last words. He was far too drunk and too emotional to stop the younger from blurting out his family secrets.

 

Yoongi kept Jimin’s chubby cheeks. “Jimin-ah, maybe it’s best if you listen to him. A father knows what’s best for his child.”

 

“Father?” Jimin scoffed. “I wish he’s my dad, hyung.”

 

Yoona and Yoongi exchanged confused looks with each other.

 

“And even if he is my dad, would I leave him here alone? He was the one who brought me up. He spent his youth raising me, giving the love I lack from my parents. I know what he does. I know it’s not right, but…I’m happy.”

 

Jimin slowly looked up to the elder. “And then you came along, hyung. And I couldn’t be happier.”

 

Despite his happy thoughts, Jimin cried harder. He didn’t want to go. Even though he was going to the dance academy he dreadly wanted to, but now he was content living in Seoul. He had Jungkook, whom he already thought as his own younger brother. He had Taehyung, his best friend with weird antiques that never fails to make him laugh. Hoseok and Yoona came along and his days were significantly brighter despite tiring school days.

 

And he had Yoongi. His first love.

 

Yoona stood up, signalling Jungkook with her eyes to come with her. She patted Yoongi’s shoulder twice, then walked away with the youngest. When they were a bit far, she jumped a little to put Jungkook in for a headlock.

 

“Jungkook-ah, do you want to eat ramyun with me?” her eyes twinkled.

 

He gulped. “Am I in trouble?”

 

 

 

 

 

Yoongi didn’t know how long he had been holding Jimin in his arms, but he didn’t care. Jimin was crying hard, and he wouldn’t do anything other than comforting the younger. He his back, uttering soothing words to make him stop.

 

Only when a sudden gush of cold wind hit Yoongi’s cheek that he suggested them to head home. Yoongi gave his beanie to Jimin, even put in on his head himself to cover him from the cold. In Jimin’s eyes, even though Yoongi’s blond hair made him look like a savage hyung, every gesture that he did just made his heart swelled in affection.

 

In front of Jimin’s house, Yoongi stopped him from going in.

 

“Jimin-ah,” he started, but Jimin cut his words.

 

“Yoongi hyung. You must be shocked, right?” he chuckled sadly. “Forget everything I said tonight. You don’t need to know that I like you. Just…don’t hate me for it, okay? Just forget all of it.”

 

Yoongi’s hands went to his beanie, which is currently on Jimin’s head, mindlessly playing it as he wanted a reason to touch the younger.

 

“But I don’t want to forget.”

 

The last thing Jimin saw were Yoongi’s eyes staring into his soul before the elder pulled down the beanie over his eyes. He was confused at first as he couldn’t see anything through the beanie but shocked after feeling a pair of lips over his.

 

Yoongi’s lips.

 

Yoongi was kissing him.

 

Feeling the elder’s lips move against his, Jimin slowly moved his lips too. He heard fireworks, he heard bell tolls, his ears ringing with excitement as Yoongi’s hands pulled him closer by his neck while his own hands clutched to the other’s hoodie.

 

It felt like forever before the elder pulled back. Yoongi spun him around and told him to get inside. It all happened too fast, Jimin didn’t even realize it until Jungkook came back.

 

“Hyung? Jiminnie hyung? Why are you smiling on the floor? Oh my god, hyung please don’t ever drink again!”

 

Jimin just giggled like a schoolgirl. Oh, he would definitely get drunk again.

 

 

 


hellowwwww ma babies! sorry for not updating! and i won't be updating as often also.. sorry!! T^T

did you enjoy this chap~? *wiggle eyebrows*